OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Bill WILDIN

but what does smell blood have to do with anything? He has a good line, great running back and more then solid wide receivers. Its not like his team is trash

You're telling me the defense will play harder because he had multiple picks? It doesn't work like that. Plus he has an great offensive minded coach that knows how to counter any issues that might come up with his play,

I think the kid might be special.
Yeah it does work like that
When you look vulnerable is when predators go for the kill

If the film shows a lineman constantly getting beat by the blitz then best believe they are sending the blitz to his side

He’s a pretty good bus driver right now who technically hasn’t played a full season
Gotta lot of games to win and throws to make to be considered special

If they both stay healthy and IF they have another early playoff exit will Lamar still be bulletproof in the Niketalk 2023 NFL playoff thread?

Nope at least not from me.

Outside of the Chiefs, AFC looking wide open.

Lamar got paid, seems like Flowers is legit need a deep playoff run from the Ravens.

At least AFCCG.

Yeah it does work like that
When you look vulnerable is when predators go for the kill

If the film shows a lineman constantly getting beat by the blitz then best believe they are sending the blitz to his side

He’s a pretty good bus driver right now who technically hasn’t played a full season
Gotta lot of games to win and throws to make to be considered special
but what holes do the Niners have? This is the perfect squad for him. Match made in heaven.

I just can't get over some of the stats thats on paper. While some of ya'll are saying he is getting lucky, I'm looking at this:

On throws of 10+, Purdy is 22/29 for 401 yards, 4td's and 157 passer rating.

Last night, Giants blitzed 33 of 39 drop backs, which is under 90% of the time, and against the blitz, he was 20-31, 247 and 2td's.

These stats can't be denied.

He still has a ways to go for sure. I like what I'm seeing. Dude just looks like he has "IT." He had it in college too. Its just a perfect combination of QB + team. Throw him on the Giants and I know he won't look the same.

Also, what the hell do you even do with 100k worth of NFL equipment.
Who could you possibly sell that to without raising flags and getting caught?
Is there an underworld football league we don't know about? :lol:

but what holes do the Niners have? This is the perfect squad for him. Match made in heaven.

I just can't get over some of the stats thats on paper. While some of ya'll are saying he is getting lucky, I'm looking at this:

On throws of 10+, Purdy is 22/29 for 401 yards, 4td's and 157 passer rating.

Last night, Giants blitzed 33 of 39 drop backs, which is under 90% of the time, and against the blitz, he was 20-31, 247 and 2td's.

These stats can't be denied.

He still has a ways to go for sure. I like what I'm seeing. Dude just looks like he has "IT." He had it in college too. Its just a perfect combination of QB + team. Throw him on the Giants and I know he won't look the same.
So he’s possibly good but definitely not generational
He can’t go to a struggling team and turn it around

Everybody knows the team is carrying him but because he fits the prototype he’s labeled special and considered not to have any flaws

Brock Purdy is a system quarterback that fits the prototype and as history has taught us he’s going to get all the love

Did Bart apologize on air? Look at his face when he said it. He thought he was gonna bring the house down with that one. Loser.

So he’s possibly good but definitely not generational
He can’t go to a struggling team and turn it around

Everybody knows the team is carrying him but because he fits the prototype he’s labeled special and considered not to have any flaws

Brock Purdy is a system quarterback that fits the prototype and as history has taught us he’s going to get all the love
yeah, nobody is saying he;s generational.

Thats an unfair statement to say they are carrying him. The man has lost 1 game (against Philly where he was injured?). I think he's contributing pretty damn well.

I'm not ready to say he's successful because he's a system Qb. Gotta give him credit.

But I'll put my shirt on. Ive given him enough love. We can only wait and see.

yeah, nobody is saying he;s generational.

Thats an unfair statement to say they are carrying him. The man has lost 1 game (against Philly where he was injured?). I think he's contributing pretty damn well.

I'm not ready to say he's successful because he's a system Qb. Gotta give him credit.

But I'll put my shirt on. Ive given him enough love. We can only wait and see.
You cant give him more love than he’s getting from the sports loud mouths

I’ve got my eye on an October 8 matchup they have against a perennial loser

If he loses to a team that hasn’t been to a NFC championship game in almost 30 years he’s officially a BUM :lol:

Maaaane, Purdy is literally Mr. Irrelevant.

Niners are stealing money right now lol.

The bar should be in the basement for him, given his draft position and past Niner QBs going a decade back.

Gimmie 180 passing yards a 2:1 int ratio and let the YAC bros and Fred and co. take it from there.

If he’s the 15 -20 best QB in the league, we can make the Super Bowl.

Brock Purdy on that Google L7 SWE payband.

They didn’t have to do him like that on national tv, talking about roommates and shared expenses.

Maaaane, Purdy is literally Mr. Irrelevant.

Niners are stealing money right now lol.

The bar should be in the basement for him, given his draft position and past Niner QBs going a decade back.

Gimmie 180 passing yards a 2:1 int ratio and let the YAC bros and Fred and co. take it from there.

If he’s the 15 -20 best QB in the league, we can make the Super Bowl.
Yea he's basically Jimmy without injury proneness and Jimmy got you guys to at least the NFCCG each full season as a starter. Don't think he's gonna be 'special' at all like he was called here earlier but you could do a lot worse :lol:

Biggest plus with Purdy is the fact that he's making peanuts on his rookie deal rn. You guys can afford keeping the cupboards fully stocked until his deal is up while getting adequate QB play. For a squad as talented as you guys, that could just be enough.

Jury's still out on whether he can make the big throws that Jimmy often couldn't in big moments that are necessary to win it all but as of now, he's been doing exactly what he's been asked.

Kirk is cool with me but that's such an awful tweet in an attempt to defend him
sabu.png

Like yeah he's *** but not that ***

Yea he's basically Jimmy without injury proneness and Jimmy got you guys to at least the NFCCG each full season as a starter. Don't think he's gonna be 'special' at all like he was called here earlier but you could do a lot worse :lol:

Biggest plus with Purdy is the fact that he's making peanuts on his rookie deal rn. You guys can afford keeping the cupboards fully stocked until his deal is up while getting adequate QB play. For a squad as talented as you guys, that could just be enough.

Jury's still out on whether he can make the big throws that Jimmy often couldn't in big moments that are necessary to win it all but as of now, he's been doing exactly what he's been asked.
Jimmy G was alot more mistake prone and hesitant than Purdy. Purdy is a superior decison-maker and handles pressure alot better. Jimmy used to throw the most perfectly placed passes to the opposing line-backers every other game. And this Purdy's floor so far, so in my eyes I'll believe in him until he proves otherwise.

But it comes down to what you said, he does what's required of him which is all that should be asked for given that he has a talented offensive players that can make big plays on their own.

Back
Top Bottom