OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

If all it takes is a 2nd for Fields then I hope the Raiders hop all over that.
I agree, that kid is really talented and I know its easy to dog him but the bears arent known for developing QBs. He has good flashes and if a 2nd is all it takes, teams like ATL, NOLA, Raiders, and Wash should be all over that.

Moving on from Fields is possibly a win-win for Fields and the Bears. Fields was a pick by the last regime and Chicago isn't a place known for developing great QBs. I guarantee there will be interest from coaches wanting him in their QB room to probably be coached up a better way...and I hope KOC highly considers it.
Give me Fields or Penix next year

If all it takes is a 2nd for Fields then I hope the Raiders hop all over that.

having Adams and Renfrow might be exactly what he needs to restart his career.

but are the raiders gonna be able to keep Jacobs? ideally they'd pair Fields with a talented running back instead of just letting defenses drop 7 into coverage

Moving on from Fields is possibly a win-win for Fields and the Bears. Fields was a pick by the last regime and Chicago isn't a place known for developing great QBs. I guarantee there will be interest from coaches wanting him in their QB room to probably be coached up a better way...and I hope KOC highly considers it.
Bears aren’t trading him within the division

That's the spirit

giphy.webp

Is that basically what the Pat McAfee show is everyday?

Seems like it based off clips that get posted
Nah he gets really good interviews with players, executives, agents, insiders, coaches and celebs tbf. It only goes off the rails when QAaron comes on for his condescending weirdo of the week segments :lol:

You'll never hear anything wild on there with any other guest

I agree, that kid is really talented and I know its easy to dog him but the bears arent known for developing QBs. He has good flashes and if a 2nd is all it takes, teams like ATL, NOLA, Raiders, and Wash should be all over that.
No thanks… No more retreads and borderline busts in Washington. New ownership, new front office, new coaching staff… everything new next season.

On the Justin Fields discussion, Dominique Foxworth said on his podcast a couple weeks ago, how I feel, in that the Bears have to move on from Fields. Last year of the three quarterbacks taken in the first round, both CJ Stoud and Anthony Richardson, or better than or equal to Justin Fields. This upcoming draft you potentially have Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Jayden Daniels and Michael Penix Jr as 1st round picks. If half or more of them are comparable in production or better than Fields, the whole current Bears regime gets fired at the end of season. At the moment, the current roster construction is better than it was when it drafted Fields and you can get good compensation for Fields at the moment to further improve the roster. Lastly, a rookie on the first year of his deal versus Fields going to his fourth year with the fifth year option it extends your window.

From an organizational standpoint, drafting a new QB gives you another 2-3 years on the job. If you keep Fields, and you miss the playoffs or the quarterbacks drafted after him have higher upside, you don’t get another year. Also, trading Fields also allows you to fire your current head coach and get you a soft reset.

I’d rather be wrong about Caleb than Fields. The Bears history also plays a factor. It’s literally a QB graveyard equal to the Browns.

You don’t pass up on a guy like Williams though. You just can’t.

Trade Fields to New England, Atlanta or someone else for a 1st or 2nd and move along.

Caleb probably dreads playing in a place like Chicago but, he’s basically got no choice

Caleb probably dreads playing in a place like Chicago but, he’s basically got no choice
He hasn’t declared for the draft yet. His dad suggested he could stay in school if they didn’t like who had the #1 pick. Add in he’s already making millions in NIL. Or he could let Chicago draft him but sit out the year and re-enter next year’s draft.

He has options. If he’s truly the generational talent everyone says he is then he’ll be a top 5 pick next draft barring injury.

i wouldn't mind Fields on NE but in no way would I want to trade a 1st and 2nd in this year's draft (plus maybe more) for him

if we could trade down from 3 and get a nice package, then we might be talking

having Adams and Renfrow might be exactly what he needs to restart his career.

but are the raiders gonna be able to keep Jacobs? ideally they'd pair Fields with a talented running back instead of just letting defenses drop 7 into coverage
they’re gonna be around $50m under the cap, so i think the question is whether they wanna allocate the funds for him. Zamir White has played well with Jacobs out.

IMO, if Jacobs is good with $12m/yr then they sign him. anything more and they might let him walk.

but all that depends on the GM and HC search. might get another group of guys that dont wanna pay a RB and don’t realize his value in the lockeroom

and i think Renfrow gone. Tre Tucker and Jakobi Myers basically took his spot.

Fields needs a new team/fresh start and the Bears can reset the term for a QB on a rookie contract. I have faith that Fields can still be the guy, but from an organizational standpoint, his growth went stagnant then volatile. It's not working out.

I could see that now but at the time Kyle Pitts was looked at as a can't miss. People was calling him a TE version of Megatron.
Tbf I still think Pitts is a great prospect the problem is even if he’s a can’t miss prospect there isn’t a single TE of that level we’ve seen in our life that was taken higher than what 15? Maybe not even higher than 20? And to take Pitts at 4? It’s just not maximizing the value of a top 5.

If you on the board at four and the options are a potential franchise QB, a potential all pro lineman, a potential top 5 defender in the league or the potential best tight end in the league 31/32 teams in the league would not have taken the tight end in that scenario and it should’ve been 32/32 if not for the falcons being dummies.

Back
Top Bottom