OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

I'm not sold on Caleb, but if winning the Heisman is an underachievememt then he's got one helluva ceiling.
And how did that turn out the very next season?
1704301138956.jpeg

Some of these mock drafts got us taken Jayden Daniels, I ain't watch any LSU games this year. Don't know what his ceiling is.

Daniels stock has skyrocketed since mid season. I’ve liked what I’ve seen from him.

And how did that turn out the very next season?
1704301138956.jpeg

Was his Heisman revoked? It sounds like your personal feelings about him is driving your opinion. USC underperformed as a whole, but I thought it was pretty clear as to why and it certainly wasn't Caleb.

Was his Heisman revoked? It sounds like your personal feelings about him is driving your opinion. USC underperformed as a whole, but I thought it was pretty clear as to why and it certainly wasn't Caleb.
Cause he didn’t perform like they expected this season. Against real competition he looked like a ok QB not some generational talent that y’all making him out to be. I don’t care what hat he does against trash teams etc

Tbf I still think Pitts is a great prospect the problem is even if he’s a can’t miss prospect there isn’t a single TE of that level we’ve seen in our life that was taken higher than what 15? Maybe not even higher than 20? And to take Pitts at 4? It’s just not maximizing the value of a top 5.

If you on the board at four and the options are a potential franchise QB, a potential all pro lineman, a potential top 5 defender in the league or the potential best tight end in the league 31/32 teams in the league would not have taken the tight end in that scenario and it should’ve been 32/32 if not for the falcons being dummies.

Kellen Winslow and Vernon Davis both went #6 in their drafts. They were both better/equal prospects.

Athletically they both were more gifted than Pitts. TJ Hockenson went like 8th. I don’t understand taking a TE that high either

Caleb had no defense and his playmaker was in and out of the lineup

Jerry Rice son had drop issues and I don’t know what the running game did all season

Chicago should just keep Fields. Get another playmaker and build the line.

Their defense has been pretty solid.
Would be smart trading down to stack more draft assets or pieces and building a solid group of talent around him but who knows what to expect under a new regime.

Like someone mentioned earlier, a new QB would buy them more time but I think Fields showed enough down the stretch after coming back from injury to justify putting more importance on other positions of need.

Not as hung up over the draft order as I was initially though, this looks like one of the deeper QB classes in the last few years. Even if the pick ends up at something like no.5, still think you can end up with a Penix or Daniels there.

Am I wrong?
I don’t see a generational talent imo he’s not much better than Justin if at all 🤷🏽‍♂️.
He underachieved at USC would you agree?

Under achieved? He won a Heisman. Bryce Young just went 1st and was considered generational (which I disagree with) and Caleb is much better IMO.

Caleb would’ve even went 1st overall over Bryce last year if he were draft eligible

Caleb has the nastiest arm coming out of college since Mahomes and he's about the same build but a more mobile player.

Any question marks about him shouldn't be with regards to on field stuff.

Between the ears maybe but even then, you don't really hear about attitude problems or anything like that. I don't think not liking to lose is a poor trait either necessarily :lol:

Under achieved? He won a Heisman. Bryce Young just went 1st and was considered generational (which I disagree with) and Caleb is much better IMO.

Caleb would’ve even went 1st overall over Bryce last year if he were draft eligible
I felt the same way about Bryce last year
Point is Caleb won’t do any better than Justin or Trubisky in Chicago and after 3-4 years will be in the same position. So why waste a #1 pick on him?

Was the goal to win a Heisman or a National Championship?

Caleb has the nastiest arm coming out of college since Mahomes and he's about the same build but is a more mobile player.

Any question marks about him shouldn't be with regards to on field stuff.

Between the ears maybe but even then, you don't hear about attitude problems or anything like that.

And he’s ALWAYS looking to throw the ball. Justin Fields always was looking to run after things broke down.

Man, ain’t no receiver trying to play long term with a running QB. The only outlier is Lamar Jackson.

Receivers want to play with guys like Mahomes, Stafford, Russ, Herbert, etc. QBs who can make all the throws and buy time in the pocket while still looking to throw.

Back
Top Bottom