OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

379790309_7595196407163278_2971875608122756334_n.jpg

Obligatory “only been two games” but EYE will enjoy this while I can.

IMG_6535.jpeg

The Falcons are an interesting team. I'm still confused on why they went Pitts and London and hire Arthur who clearly wants to be a pound and ground/ball control team. Nothing wrong with that and it's working, but if they had a QB, they would be scary, in theory. Ridder still deserves to ride this out, but I'm not high on him. I'm just intrigued how they evolve.

The Falcons are an interesting team. I'm still confused on why they went Pitts and London and hire Arthur who clearly wants to be a pound and ground/ball control team. Nothing wrong with that and it's working, but if they had a QB, they would be scary, in theory. Ridder still deserves to ride this out, but I'm not high on him. I'm just intrigued how they evolve.
I really like Pitts as a player but I still maintain it just wasn’t good use of draft capital to take a TE that high. While I do think we would’ve developed or used fields better I accept it was the right call not to draft him but even still no one would’ve blamed us for taking him there because it makes sense to take a shot on a future franchise QB there, it’ll never make sense to take a TE there. Passing on Micah parsons also big mistake. Parsons on this team would’ve been more valuable than Pitts.

I still don’t know what to think of Ridder he plays better later in games than he starts but you can’t make a career on that. If London and Pitts usage in this offense is directly tied to how much they trust Ridder to let it fly is really risky. If he can become good then it works but if he don’t you risk losing two talented receivers and not having your guy at QB

Doug Peterson really needs to take play calling away from Press Taylor.

Going 0-7 in the red zone is unacceptable. This is the say issue we had in the beginning of last season when they were afraid to call QB sneaks for T-Law.... until he started calling them himself in the huddle :lol:

Also I’ll say this about Ridder it’ll be completely easy to see if he’s good or not cause there’s no excuses around him. Great offensive mind as a coach. He’s got Pitts and London two top receiving talents he’s got Jonnu and Hollins two really reliable pro receivers he’s got Allgier and Patterson in the backfield who are damn good and now even has a dude who already looks like he should be in the convo to be considered a top 3 back in the league in Bijan.

There is 0 reasons around him for him to fail there’s plenty of QBs in this league that would kill to have that much skill position talent around them he doesn’t even have to be excellent to look good with that he just needs to be decent and put together a full game.

Falcons are not a good team. They should be 0-2.

But a win is a win. Can’t deny the weapons they have but everything else ain’t it.
We could’ve lost to the packers but the panthers game nah wasn’t really stressed in that one. Was close for a time but never felt like we was gonna lose to me.

And the retooled defense is better. How much better I dunno but better than garbage it was.

Back
Top Bottom