OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

falling-from-my-knees-liv.gif

assuming we hold a pick to get one of the top QBs, i want to trade it for more picks

we got so many holes that i don't want one of these QBs to come in and just get smacked around :lol:

if we HAVE to pick and assuming we're not going to get a QB...give me that BA's son, Marvin Harrison Jr i guess
Had to take a peek and what do you know

SmartSelect_20231015_220705_Chrome.jpg

FML

Had to take a peek and what do you know

SmartSelect_20231015_220705_Chrome.jpg

FML

Penix in the 2nd is a damn steal. I'm set on wanting him in 'Sota. Definitely potential for him to fall because of age and injury history (if he goes down again. *Knocks on wood*), but he's pro ready. On teams like the Vikings, Dolphins, Rams, he'd be plug/play/produce. NE is an ugly fit, but could work.

I'm willing this to happen, dammit!

Penix in the 2nd is a damn steal. I'm set on wanting him in 'Sota. Definitely potential for him to fall because of age and injury history (if he goes down again. *Knocks on wood*), but he's pro ready. On teams like the Vikings, Dolphins, Rams, he'd be plug/play/produce. NE is an ugly fit, but could work.

Think he would be good there. Keep him in purple

He would be a horrible fit in NE. They have less than zero players that can get open.

Mac sucks royally, but he really has nowhere to go with the ball. They look like the Philbin era Miami offense that use to run two guys to the same spot play after play. :smh:

Purdy drops back and his progressions are which one of the 4 guys running open by 4 yards should I give the ball too.
Mac drops back and has to decide between covered Henry, covered DVP, covered JuJu, covered Gesicki, or the roaming DB who at least is open.

Penix should retire if he gets drafted by the Patriots. (Unless Bill retires or gets fired)

He would be a horrible fit in NE. They have less than zero players that can get open.

Mac sucks royally, but he really has nowhere to go with the ball. They look like the Philbin era Miami offense that use to run two guys to the same spot play after play. :smh:

Purdy drops back and his progressions are which one of the 4 guys running open by 4 yards should I give the ball too.
Mac drops back and has to decide between covered Henry, covered DVP, covered JuJu, covered Gesicki, or the roaming DB who at least is open.

Penix should retire if he gets drafted by the Patriots. (Unless Bill retires or gets fired)

My only objection is Penix's efficiency. He didn't have world beaters at Indiana and before he got hurt, they were a legit threat. I still remember his game-winner vs. Penn St. (PSU top 10 at the time)...that game was wild, but he showed out.

His WR Corp at UW is arguably (inarguably to me) the best in the nation...that helps, but I can't gloss over what he was doing at Indian, his quick decision making, precision...I think that plays out in NE with their methodology. I don't wanna see it - don't think it's optimal...but Penix is malleable. Just can't see him somewhere like ATL or Tennesse...those offensive philosophies (double aunt andre) don't work for him.

My only objection is Penix's efficiency. He didn't have world beaters at Indiana and before he got hurt, they were a legit threat. I still remember his game-winner vs. Penn St. (PSU top 10 at the time)...that game was wild, but he showed out.

His WR Corp at UW is arguably (inarguably to me) the best in the nation...that helps, but I can't gloss over what he was doing at Indian, his quick decision making, precision...I think that plays out in NE with their methodology. I don't wanna see it - don't think it's optimal...but Penix is malleable. Just can't see him somewhere like ATL or Tennesse...those offensive philosophies (double aunt andre) don't work for him.

You trust Bill to bring in weaponry? :nerd:

Last pro bowl weapon he's drafted was Gronk. About 13-14 years ago?

You trust Bill to bring in weaponry? :nerd:

Last pro bowl weapon he's drafted was Gronk. About 13-14 years ago?

Nah, that's not my conversation point. I don't know wtf Bill doing. :lol:

Brady had many seasons with nothing, but he was efficient, got the ball out, sound decisions. Penix does just that. Like I said, it's not optimal, but I can see it. It won't matter if the Olines bad, which is another convo, but NE wouldn't be the worst case scenario, imo.

Nah, that's not my conversation point. I don't know wtf Bill doing. :lol:

Brady had many seasons with nothing, but he was efficient, got the ball out, sound decisions. Penix does just that. Like I said, it's not optimal, but I can see it. It won't matter if the Olines bad, which is another convo, but NE wouldn't be the worst case scenario, imo.
Sounds exactly like what people were saying about Mac :lol:

I really think the Lions can get the 1 or 2 seed. Eagles been playing with fire all year and it finally burnt them yesterday. Now they've got a string of 8 games with playoff teams and few SB contenders. If Hurts throws 3 picks against the Dolphins, Niners, Bills our Cheifs they might get boat raced.

To say Tyrod wasn't much better is ludicrous. His first start in almost two seasons and he had less sacks than any Daniel Jones game this season (bad QBs make bad OL look so much worse). Giants had more 20+ yard plays last night than all season. He made smarter and quicker decisions with his arm and legs than Daniel does. The whole team seemed more confident and played harder.

All year Daniel Jones apologists have been crying about the OL being the worst ever and no one could play behind it so that absolves Daniel Jones of playing like **** this season. We saw a backup do it last night. Got the ball out fast and moved quick.

You can blame Tyrod for the run at the end of the half but that's on coaching, why is there even a run option being called in that situation and that's why Daboll was blowing up on the coaches.

To the guy saying Marvin Harrison Jr would look nice here, is he a QB I've never heard of? Giants are on pace for a top 3 pick, they're absolutely drafting a QB. Daboll and Schoen will draft their own guy and won't lose their job over Daniel Jones.

The rumors also that Daniel Jones neck injury is gonna be 4-6 weeks. It sounds structural and not a muscle issue. He also said the MRI was positive and he can't practice or risk contact.

Back
Top Bottom