OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

Folks wanna talk about having unbiased conversations, but it won't happen. Everyone has their guys, their stance, their opinion.

This is pretty much what it comes down to. :lol:
Dudes were at Lamar's throat last week where we saw 3 TDs dropped. Yes, he threw a pick 6 at the end, but they shouldn't/wouldn't have been in that situation had his guys showed up.

I can get behind the Herbert/Lamar comparison. I'm still taking Lamar over Hebert though.
Losing a game after being up 27-0, in which your defense spotted you 5 turnovers is CRAZY.
Herbert has to show me something going forward. He has the tools, but he hasn't put it together.

I wish I would wake up early to watch them bums :lol: Lamar killed it though with his 1 TD 1 interception game. I look forward to reading the excuses this year when they have yet another early exit from the playoffs.

-No help
-No agent
-Hurt toenail
-Daylight savings time
-Harbaugh sucks
And I hope the slander will be up to your standards so you can stop crying bout it weekly

I think you most likely just caught some doodoo strays
“Doodoo strays”?!

IMG_6146.gif

This is pretty much what it comes down to. :lol:
Dudes were at Lamar's throat last week where we saw 3 TDs dropped. Yes, he threw a pick 6 at the end, but they shouldn't/wouldn't have been in that situation had his guys showed up.

I can get behind the Herbert/Lamar comparison. I'm still taking Lamar over Hebert though.
Losing a game after being up 27-0, in which your defense spotted you 5 turnovers is CRAZY.
Herbert has to show me something going forward. He has the tools, but he hasn't put it together.

I'm not necessarily a fan of comps because so much nuanced context is conflated, misrepresented or straight up missing from the discussion. In this case, I'm just pointing out the discrepancy of the opinions.

I dont blame Lamar completely at all for last game. Those drops are/were egregious. Regardless, does it make that INT any less damaging or less of a bad play? No.

Staley is terrible. He puts his team in tough situations and much like the Ravens, when circumstances put the Q in a position because the team relies on them so much to make big plays, mistakes are going to be made more times than not.

Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius

As a follow-up, right back at you with if we're gonna put the blown lead in the playoffs on Herbert, along with missing the playoffs entirely before that, what do you say about Lamar playing terrible once the playoffs start and his numbers falling off a cliff, even despite his all-world season a few seasons ago?

Results (coming up short in big games) are pretty damn similar and neither have came close to sniffing the SB despite expectations.

I'm not necessarily a fan of comps because so much nuanced context is conflated, misrepresented or straight up missing from the discussion. In this case, I'm just pointing out the discrepancy of the opinions.

I dont blame Lamar completely at all for last game. Those drops are/were egregious. Regardless, does it make that INT any less damaging or less of a bad play? No.

Staley is terrible. He puts his team in tough situations and much like the Ravens, when circumstances put the Q in a position because the team relies on them so much to make big plays, mistakes are going to be made more times than not.

Respect
1uP6.gif

I can’t even imagine getting mad enough to fight over sports, it would have to be alot of liquor involved for me to get on that level :lol: :smh:

Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius

As a follow-up, right back at you with if we're gonna put the blown lead in the playoffs on Herbert, along with missing the playoffs entirely before that, what do you say about Lamar playing terrible once the playoffs start and his numbers falling off a cliff, even despite his all-world season a few seasons ago?

Results (coming up short in big games) are pretty damn similar and neither have came close to sniffing the SB despite expectations.

That's fair, Lamar has been bad in the playoffs but I can't say him and Herbert are similar when Lamar has won over 70% of his games and Herbert is 27-27.

The OFFICIAL NT NFL Head Coach Hot Seat List

After Week 6:

The Hottest of Seats:

Brian Daboll (Giants) - The Giants may have a win, but they're somehow the worst team in the NFL.

Sean Payton (Broncos) - The worst team in the AFC. Russell Wilson might be finished as a QB, but so is Sean Payton as a head coach.

Frank Reich (Panthers) - 0-6 means that Reich is officially on the hottest of seats.

Matt Eberflus (Bears) - The Bears no longer are the worst team in the NFL.

The Rest:

Josh McDaniels (Raiders) - The Raiders may have beaten the Patriots, but McDaniels is still trash.

Mike Vrabel (Titans) - His seat is getting warmer.

Kevin O'Connell (Vikings) - You are what your record says you are. Beating the Bears doesn't count.

Brandon Staley (Chargers) - With his playcalling, he should be tried for crimes against football.

Jonathan Gannon (Cardinals) - Thanks for beating the Cowboys in Week 3.

Bill Belichick (Patriots) - The Pats may have lost to Josh McDaniels, but Belicheat will never get fired, and he will stay on this list anyway. :lol:

I'm not even tryin to trash Herbert or anything.

He's a great QB. He will also get better (and better coaching)

My pointing out is against his media narrative. If/when they stop showing highlight plays of zero yard gains cuz he threw sideways I wouldn't have anything to argue against.

Hopefully his next coach is a good hire and we'll see what he can do.

Back
Top Bottom