OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

He's going to get the defensive coordinator fired if they keep playing like this

1697557140558.gif

the defense just like Herbert had opportunities

but if I’m pointing figures, I’m starting with the coaching

and if I’m looking at the ”analytics“ stuff, again I’m looking at the coaches and basically if that’s what you’re going run it doesnt seem that smart or efficient
It’s ok to blame Justin Herbert man :lol:. He was missing throws at key points, not seeing guys who were open and late pulling the trigger quick enough on plays. The defense held the Cowboys to 20 points. Completely winnable game.

It’s been the same thing since Oregon. It was Cristobal’s fault then, then Anthony Lynn, then Lombardi, now it’ll be Kellen Moore’s fault. Playing QB is more than being the perfect prospect on paper. But Staley will get fired after this year and then it’ll be the next guy’s fault.

spacedoodoo spacedoodoo

Please see someone you at least know to watch college football. (since I don't qualify) :lol: :rofl:

Also, please be aware that I live an hour away from Eugene. That's in Oregon. I'm slightly familiar with the Oregon Ducks, their team, their fans, and their media. (much to my chagrin :smh: )

But hey, you took the time off slandering Lamar Jackson to rush to Justin Cousins' defense, so please don't let me interrupt that for you.

It’s ok to blame Justin Herbert man :lol:. He was missing throws at key points, not seeing guys who were open and late pulling the trigger quick enough on plays. The defense held the Cowboys to 20 points. Completely winnable game.

i do blame him.. he missed Keenan allen on that wide open pass.. and he had eckler underneath on the game ending INT

But as I said, I’m starting with the coaches.. not “only” the coaches

Love Herbo but he was definitely off yesterday. I'd honestly place the L yesterday on him. He missed some really key throws but he definitely isn't the reason the Chargers are losing this year overall. Offense is still putting up the 7th most points per game. Staley is the reason we're trash plain and simple.

You are very self aware.

Despite me giving him **** I don't blame him entirely for the loss. NFL football don't work like that. He was off, but there were plenty of other plays left out there by others.

I moreso fight against the narrative that he is afforded, but for some reason someone like Jared Goff doesn't get the same love. (not comparing their game, just how they are handled by media)

spacedoodoo spacedoodoo

Please see someone you at least know to watch college football. (since I don't qualify) :lol: :rofl:

Also, please be aware that I live an hour away from Eugene. That's in Oregon. I'm slightly familiar with the Oregon Ducks, their team, their fans, and their media. (much to my chagrin :smh: )

But hey, you took the time off slandering Lamar Jackson to rush to Justin Cousins' defense, so please don't let me interrupt that for you.

I’m still waiting for you to name the coaches that Herbert was responsible for getting canned at Oregon

spacedoodoo spacedoodoo

Yeah the disparity in how these guys act when certain guys get criticized is interesting. Whenever you point out the flaws of guys like Allen or Herbert they always call it overreactions then you get guys blaming the coaches for multiple pages. When guys like Lamar, Hurts, or Dak get criticized it's all jokes. Niketalk and the media in general is way mor defensive when it comes to certain guys. Justin is good I'd say but he's missing the sauce. Some guys have it, some don't. He'll have a good career but he'll never lead a team to a Superbowl.

Yeah the disparity in how these guys act when certain guys get criticized is interesting. Whenever you point out the flaws of guys like Allen or Herbert they always call it overreactions then you get guys blaming the coaches for multiple pages. When guys like Lamar, Hurts, or Dak get criticized it's all jokes. Niketalk and the media in general is way mor defensive when it comes to certain guys. Justin is good I'd say but he's missing the sauce. Some guys have it, some don't. He'll have a good career but he'll never lead a team to a Superbowl.

ummmmmmm people still trying figure out what jerruh was thinking giving mccarthy that job.. and people been said roman needed to be replaced

but the guys you named are going get more heat because they’re black and people actually care about their teams to be irrational

everyone Chargers lucky they get a pass on some of the typical shh

people focusing on numbers

defensive head coach plus

Chargers have too many beasts on defense to be this bad.

Hardly heard Mack's, OG MAGA Bosa's, or Derwin's name at all last night.

And to comment on what DaComeup said, I don’t ever really remember recall cristobal getting a ton of “blame” for Herbert’s senior season. I think most of the fanbase was kinda satisfied with a Pac 12 chip and rose bowl win for the first time since Mariota. But I don’t live in Oregon so what do I know

I’m still waiting for you to name the coaches that Herbert was responsible for getting canned at Oregon

???

Since, Oregon. I told you I don't blame or take issue for Helfrich or Taggart etc.

Staley will be the 5th coached fired since Oregon. Did I lose track, is it only 4? I can't keep up with them all. :lol:

Thread can never have a nuanced conversation surrounding QB’ing. If Staley knew how to manage a game properly, Herbert wouldn’t have even been in a position to lead a 4th Q comeback last night. Love how this has been lost in all the conversation.
It’s not a coincidence that all the decent-good QBs over the years that have lead the “most 4th quarter game winning drives” stat we see all the time where on teams with mediocre to bad coaching.

It’s not a coincidence that all the decent-good QBs over the years that have lead the “most 4th quarter game winning drives” stat we see all the time where on teams with mediocre to bad coaching.

Yea, exactly this. Pretty sure Herbert has 10+ since his rookie season

???

Since, Oregon. I told you I don't blame or take issue for Helfrich or Taggart etc.

Staley will be the 5th coached fired since Oregon. Did I lose track, is it only 4? I can't keep up with them all. :lol:

In the NFL, Tua has had two different HC's and four different OC's. And two different OC's as a starter at Alabama.

I just want the Herbert/Rivers comparisons to stop. Yall forgot Rivers was running that division for a bit as soon as he became starter and winning playoff games. Herbert has a long way to go and has to overcome a playoff collapse.

Back
Top Bottom