OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with him. When is the NFL going to expand the league to Europe? If they don't plan to do it soon what's the point of these games?

They're trying to establish a loyal following over there, which has been a failure IMO. Those folks will go out, get drunk, and enjoy a novel American sporting event at home, but I don't think it's having the effect the NFL is aiming for. I think they should pull the plug on this little experiment. It's not really working.

I agree with him. When is the NFL going to expand the league to Europe? If they don't plan to do it soon what's the point of these games?

It’s a really cool thing for the fans. It’s such a rare and unique opportunity for the fans abroad, that the NFL should do it just off that principal alone. Dude can get a dog sitter.

Going to games in Mexico has twice been one of the coolest things I’ve experienced in sports. The energy and good vibes are insane.

They are selling out games in minutes after the tickets go on sale. 60-70k people. To say its been a failure is spreading misinformation or misconceptions or an biased opinion. The nfl will absolutely expand to europe in the coming years & will probably also put a team in mexico city or somewhere in canada

They are selling out games in minutes after the tickets go on sale. 60-70k people. To say its been a failure is spreading misinformation or misconceptions or an biased opinion. The nfl will absolutely expand to europe in the coming years & will probably also put a team in mexico city or somewhere in canada

They are convinced it’s just American expats and immigrants at these things. :lol

I'm not debating that there's a loyal NFL following in Mexico and Canada. I'm certain there is.

I doubt that the Europeans are actually following the sport and league once the Jaguars and whoever they're playing pack up and go home. I've been in different parts of Europe during the holidays when the season is still on and have rarely been able to find a bar that actually broadcasts the games. And when I do, it's typically an American themed bar owned by an expat that caters to the local expat population.

I'm not debating that there's a loyal NFL following in Mexico and Canada. I'm certain there is.

I doubt that the Europeans are actually following the sport and league once the Jaguars and whoever they're playing pack up and go home. I've been in different parts of Europe during the holidays when the season is still on and have rarely been able to find a bar that actually broadcasts the games. And when I do, it's typically an American themed bar owned by an expat that caters to the local expat population.

80,000,000 people live in Germany.

As ninjahood ninjahood would say, Republicans Europeans are not a monolith.

I think you really underestimate what a minuscule percentage of a foreign population needs to be interested in following the sport for a few one offs games each year to be worth it to the fans over there.

Selling out 1 or 2 games is different than selling out 8+ a season though. Also, have you seen the crowds in London? There are a diverse mixture of NFL team jerseys in attendance. IDK if that support would continue with a consistent team. The international Ravens or Cowboys fan will attend the sole NFL game just for the experience once a year, but not every week.

It’s a really cool thing for the fans. It’s such a rare and unique opportunity for the fans abroad, that the NFL should do it just off that principal alone. Dude can get a dog sitter.

Going to games in Mexico has twice been one of the coolest things I’ve experienced in sports. The energy and good vibes are insane.

Right?

Dudes also getting the opportunity to see another country while living the dream of playing in the NFL and he’s crying about a dog sitter?

Even if they don’t establish a team there is it really that inconvenient for the players to go there once a year?

80,000,000 people live in Germany.

As ninjahood ninjahood would say, Republicans Europeans are not a monolith.

I think you really underestimate what a minuscule percentage of a foreign population needs to be interested in following the sport for a few one offs games each year to be worth it to the fans over there.

I hear you. The one offs work. No doubt about it. They will show up for the event. But would they support a local team on a consistent basis? That’s where I have my doubts. That’s ultimately what the NFL is aiming for. Otherwise, why take games away from our fans? The NFL has no attendance issues here in the states. Even the bad teams sell out on a consistent basis.

Also American Football is a culture here. You have kids growing up playing it at the age of 5, and if they are good well into their 30s.

Friday night high school games
Saturday college game day
Sunday NFL experience

I personally think it begins more are the developmental level rather than a team being relocated.

Like we see with soccer in the US, the growth of an outside sport takes years.

I hear you. The one offs work. No doubt about it. They will show up for the event. But would they support a local team on a consistent basis? That’s where I have my doubts. That’s ultimately what the NFL is aiming for. Otherwise, why take games away from our fans? The NFL has no attendance issues here in the states. Even the bad teams sell out on a consistent basis.

Yea I definitely don’t see that being feasible at all, and I wouldn’t put NFL greed past pushing hard for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom