OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving all the Herbert hate in here

yes-jack-nicholson.gif

:lol:

He showed a ton of promis early but he hasn't really taken the jump many, myself included, were expecting he'd have by now.

His coaching doesn't do him too many favors but he also hasn't really come through that often in the big spots/moments yet.

He definitely skates by criticism more than your usual talented young QB's, Staley's been exclusively the one catching heat from the media.
Have to agree with Herbert being protected by the media

You see it too, my brothers?
1701100726191.gif

Thought Tua was the goods in college, was salty when he got drafted by the Fins :lol: :smh:

The injuries had people thinking he wasn't all that but I'm glad that he's been putting that to bed for the most part the last 2 seasons now that he's been more healthy :pimp:

Of course the Pats just happened to end up with the worst of those 3 Pro Bama QB's :smh:

Have to agree with Herbert being protected by the media. I will say he has been at a bit of disadvantage with having to change systems so much, and likely looking at the same next year. But Chargers should have made that move last year, they are aging and wasting time.

Keenan Allen is great, but he is also 31. Ekler will be 29 and think I read a stat where he hasn’t broken over 14 mph on a run all year, he is losing a step and reaching that age where there is quick regression for running backs. I see more issues for that team ahead in future years and it isn’t just defense.

They’ve NEVER given Herbert speed to work with. He’s probably their fastest player. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like Ekeler but he’s a scatback and more of a gadget type dude. Keenan is a borderline HOF but like you said, he’s a slow, procession receiver.

Herbert has a cannon arm, but they’re giving him west coast offense personnel. He’s the inverse of Tua in Miami.

Mike Williams gets hurt every year, they don’t have a tight end.

Herbert needs more speed, a TE, and a traditional RB.

Give Herbert 2-3 dudes with legit 4.3 40 speed to open that offense up.

Chargers have a horse carriage being pulled by turtles…

They’ve NEVER given Herbert speed to work with. He’s probably their fastest player. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like Ekeler but he’s a scatback and more of a gadget type dude. Keenan is a borderline HOF but like you said, he’s a slow, procession receiver.

Herbert has a cannon arm, but they’re giving him west coast offense personnel. He’s the inverse of Tua in Miami.

Lmao yeah give him Jamar Chase and Saquon Barkley and Travis Kelce and he’ll start winning games. Keep making excuses for your golden boy.

All of this. Herbo doesn't have any personnel to work with (right now) other than Keenan. Get this man a supporting cast. It's a lot to ask this man to carry the whole team.

Lamar is missing his starting TE and RB, and his best receiver is a 5ft tall rookie.

Mahomes has Kelce and a bunch of dudes off the street.

Allen has Diggs and some random RBs.

Stroud got a bunch of random guys nobody thought were any good

Dak has CD and Scott Pollard.

Not everybody gets to play with an embarrassment of riches at skill positions.

Lamar is missing his starting TE and RB, and his best receiver is a 5ft tall rookie.

Mahomes has Kelce and a bunch of dudes off the street.

Allen has Diggs and some random RBs.

Stroud got a bunch of random guys nobody thought were any good

Dak has CD and Scott Pollard.

Not everybody gets to play with an embarrassment of riches at skill

You can’t even name The Chargers TE…. (Kelce a HOF and Andrews is on that trajectory).

Allen probably the best comp because Diggs is slow.

Scantling, Pacheco both run 4.3s,

Ceedee and Cooks run 4.3 and 4.4, pollard also a 4.4

Zay Flowers is a 4.4 guy as well..

Where’s the speed for the Chargers? Their entire offensive skill players are slow as heck

They drafted Quinton Johnston… he’s slow as well. Should’ve took Jordan Addison

Last edited:
Chargers definitely need more help but it aint from the dudes on the field.

was a stat a few weeks ago that said since Herbert was the starter the teams point differential was exactly 0.

Keenan Allen is a 5x pro bowler and still one of the better receivers in the league. Would kill to have a receiver like that on the Ravens.

Ekeler is coming off back to back 900+ yard seasons.

Mike Williams getting injured this year sucks, but he’s been a monster when healthy.

That’s the same level, if not more talent than many other dudes get to play with.
Keenan Allen is hurt yearly, forced himself to play through hamstring injuries for multiple years. Pro Bowls are pretty pointless, but even using that he played with Herbert for 2 years of that stretch. He’s 31 years old now. He’s still good but there’s a ceiling to Keenan Allen as your #1 guy at this point.

Ekeler was good but he’s cooked now. He’s middle of the pack in YPC and PFF has him 53/58 in their RB ratings.

Mike Williams has had over 1k yards twice in his career. Health is a skill — can’t just hand waive that.

I’m literally one of the biggest Herbert critics but acting like the offensive talent around him in 2023 is good enough is nuts. The GM should be fired with the coach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom