OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Schedule just dropped!!!

Haven't been more proud to be a Broncos fan than I am right now. Russ and Sean ain't it and I'm glad others see these guys for what they are now. Hope the NFLPA steps in on this but I'm smiling either way. Broncos are a cautionary tale of what happens when teams don't have a straightforward succession plan for when the team owner dies. The Bowlen family caused this mess. It will take the new owners years to fix this mess. Should've been tanking the entire time.
Why would you be proud now? Your team decided to tank 2 games left into the season....its just creating a loser culture that's already there anyway.

But from a business perspective, “alright” ain’t worth $40 mil (or close to it) a year. Minus whale let Stidham be “alright” for $5 mil a year
Stidham ain't "alright" though he's ***. Russ was a top 10 QB this year. Y'all get caught up in them contracts. Russell Wilson cap hit this year was 22 million not 40 million.

They didn’t have Deebo or Trent. That’s the only reason they lost 3 in a row. It’s a top heavy team.
That ain't no excuse to lose 3 games in a row. Especially when you as stacked as they are. If they can't win without two guys then they frauds.

Why would you be proud now? Your team decided to tank 2 games left into the season....its just creating a loser culture that's already there anyway.
I'm proud for several reasons.

1. Russ and Sean both need to go. Both guys are living off the past and aren't it. Any step in that direction is a positive one. I have been saying this since week 1 and was rooting for them to lose more games not less.

2. Loser culture has been here since Bowlen got sick. Elways and Patton ruined everything so the sooner they get to rock bottom the better.

3. Broncos need draft picks and talent. A top ten pick will help.

That ain't no excuse to lose 3 games in a row. Especially when you as stacked as they are. If they can't win without two guys then they frauds.

That’s fine, that’s your opinion.

If you consider them frauds, then you must consider the ravens as the only real contender in the league.

Here’s my opinion: the nfc is weak and the Niners stand above all the other competition. That doesn’t mean they’re guaranteed anything, but if I was a betting man i know where I would put my bread.

Who’s mans is this lmao :lol:

Bro is tweaking.

The Ravens kicked down the Niners front door, raided their fridge and currently have their feet up in their couch.

With that said, every other team in the league is still outside on the sidewalk.

It’s not even just about this season. The Cowboys have been dominated by the Niners for like 3 years now.

Stop it.

The same, Sean Payton that’s benching Russell Wilson, is the same Sean Payton that wasted the last year of the Saints run by refusing to bench noodle armed Drew Brees in favor of Jameis.

I’ve said since the hire, Payton has it out to humble Russell Wilson, for some odd reason.
Yes more 30:30 TD to INT seasons would have been very entertaining.

Don't disagree about Payton being highly overrated though.

Explain to me how you beat the Cowboys 42-10 but then lose to the damn Cleveland Browns?

the niners were missing important people in those losses

just like the cowboys were missing important people when they lost to the cards

The Sean Payton who won a Super Bowl with Brees and then continuously choked in the playoffs year after year? You ain’t ever lied :pimp:

He got that “retired coach mystique”. Same with Grudens bum *** that was never remotely a good coach but went in the booth and everyone wanted him to return

Him and Mike McCarthy are like the NFL version of Doc Rivers in terms of milking one championship from over a decade ago for all these years. With Doc you got blown 3-1 leads, with Payton and McCarthy you got constant playoff disappointment despite generation talent qb’s.

Stidham ain't "alright" though he's ***. Russ was a top 10 QB this year. Y'all get caught up in them contracts. Russell Wilson cap hit this year was 22 million not 40 million.
Please tell me what his 2025 salary and cap hit will be?

This is why they’re doing it.

Please tell me what his 2025 salary and cap hit will be?

This is why they’re doing it.
Did some digging.

Broncos are currently estimated to be over the cap for 2024 by $20M.

Russ has a cap hit of $35M next season. But his dead cap hit........
Wait for it....
Drum Roll...
His dead cap hit is $85M next season :rofl: and $49M in 2025 :rofl: AND $31M in 2026:rofl:
Pour one out for the homies broncos19dm broncos19dm & sb sb
40Oz Pour One Out GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY | Giphy, Gif ...

It’s not even like the Broncos are gonna have a top 5 pick.

As a former Seahawk I’d love to hate on him but he’s been pretty good this year.

I'm proud for several reasons.

1. Russ and Sean both need to go. Both guys are living off the past and aren't it. Any step in that direction is a positive one. I have been saying this since week 1 and was rooting for them to lose more games not less.

2. Loser culture has been here since Bowlen got sick. Elways and Patton ruined everything so the sooner they get to rock bottom the better.

3. Broncos need draft picks and talent. A top ten pick will help.
Yeah but neither is going anywhere lol. Well Russ for sure ain't. Maybe they fire Payton?

And I agree with your #3.....which is why i'm confused. They waited until week 16 to tank? They won a lot of games they could've easily lost.

He got released because he sucks :lol: I don’t think it was weed but I agree with you if that was the case
Naw he was getting cut regardless lol. I guess saying its weed makes it like he did something wrong to get cut aside from sucking lol.

Him and Mike McCarthy are like the NFL version of Doc Rivers in terms of milking one championship from over a decade ago for all these years. With Doc you got blown 3-1 leads, with Payton and McCarthy you got constant playoff disappointment despite generation talent qb’s.
Naw Mike ain't like Payton. Mike at least wins. He's about to have his 3rd 12 win season in a row. PAyton on some other ****.

Back
Top Bottom