OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Vol: Draft Night!!!

I meant it more with people using hindsight to say Fields should have been picked at #3 when, two years later, the only QB you could confidently say was worth drafting high (let alone trading up for) is Lawrence
It's probably Micah/Fields for #2 and #3 in hindsight. The rest of the top 10 is Surtain and a bunch of WRs

Leadership, work ethic...He didn't "love" football

Not progressing beyond his 1st read (although numbers wise he did it more than anyone in his class)

There was more but it got real nasty before the draft

yea i vaguely remembered the reading a defense thing

but my point is with Kyle, he’s controlling so much that from my understanding it’s limited reads

**** this

1692900898960.png

Are we even really 100% sure Fields was the pick at third overall?
Shannahan went on McVays podcast.

They discussed the Stafford situation and the Niners drafting a QB.

Shannahan never mentioned Justin.

Just Lance and Jones. I honestly think now Kyle wanted Jones but everyone else was like hell nah. Not at 3.

They got antsy and jumped the gun on that trade up.

My theory:

Kyle wanted Jones cause of the “pro style” stuff and while Fields is an elite athlete, he didn’t think he could do the Shanahan system stuff.

Lance was the “happy medium”.

Just Lance and Jones. I honestly think now Kyle wanted Jones but everyone else was like hell nah. Not at 3.

My theory:

Kyle wanted Jones cause of the “pro style” stuff and while Fields is an elite athlete, he didn’t think he could do the Shanahan system stuff.

So they possibly moved up to get Mac Jones (projected late first rounder) at 3 and got cold feet when everyone laughed at them so they took someone else?

Yea I remember 9ers having zero interest in fields

Think they got bullied into pretending to care about that too

My theory:

So they possibly moved up to get Mac Jones (projected late first rounder) at 3 and got cold feet when everyone laughed at them so they took someone else?

I can see it. Especially how they're just done with Tre. Look at all the QBs in Kyle's past, not to mention pops was phasing out RGIII after the injury to get Kirk out there.

Kirk, Matt Ryan, forget who he had when in Cleveland, but was only there 1 season so probably had no interest staying.

When he’s done in SF I’m sure Kyle will say trading up for Lance was crazy just like his dad said about the RG3 trade after he got fired. I don’t think yall take into enough consideration that the owners and GMs are making these picks/trades, not the HC. The HC puts on a front for the media but deep down is fuming he has to work magic with a project QB they don’t believe in while on top of missing out on drafting future talent.

When he’s done in SF I’m sure Kyle will say trading up for Lance was crazy just like his dad said about the RG3 trade after he got fired. I don’t think yall take into enough consideration that the owners and GMs are making these picks/trades, not the HC. The HC puts on a front for the media but deep down is fuming he has to work magic with a project QB they don’t believe in while on top of missing out on drafting future talent.

He might have a lot of say, he might have none. Every organization is different. I’d guess he had a good amount of say in the QB.

Al Michaels crying about AR doing the Fly Eagles Fly celebration after scoring is ridiculous but expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom