OFFICIAL NFL Playoff THREAD 2023- 2024 Vol: Win or Go Home.

Seen this sort of thing happen often these days.

Defenders get to thinking the QB is gonna slide so they let up only for them to accelerate or side step away for a much longer gain.

Feel they need to revisit the rule and have QB's be considered ball carriers once they cross the LOS. QB's taking advantage of the slide rule like that is another big disadvantage for defenders who already have the deck stacked against them as is.

Almost came to a full stop, Pitt definitely expected him to slide.

I agree, I hate this ****. See it all the time. QBs hesitate and defenders don’t want to get flagged so they pause or give up. Obviously Pitt is losing that game no matter what but this **** happens almost every game now.

bigger issue is how refs treat mahomes with this shhh

mahomes loves to fake like he’s going out and then sneak out extra yards because the defender lets up.. meanwhile I’ve seen dude get the call while still in bounds and the defender actually hits him
That's a symptom of that though.

He takes advantage of it to the fullest but most mobile QB's in the league have as well tbh.

Only times I've seen them officiate QB's as strictly ball carriers is when you have an OD athletic/homerun threat one like Cam or Lamar.

Everyone else still gets that QB protection even when they're running which shouldn't be the case once they decide to run.

i dont really think it was a huge fake slide attempt by Allen. looks more like a shift or slowing to change direction

1705522770956.png

this is when he slows and is the lowest to the ground during that run. no one is near him, really....

agreed with IATT IATT ...there is a much bigger offender who always get the calls
Even subtle movement is enough to throw off a defenders momentum when in pursuit though.

They didn't let up just to let up, they've pretty much been programmed to as soon as the QB makes a different movement mid stride and guys yake advantage.

It's on the league to regulate that better or change up the sliding rule.

A reporter legit asked alshon about the temperature prior to a Super Bowl in a dome

I really wish the NFL would truly designate certain players for media obligations. I hate seeing dudes who clearly just want to play ball and aren’t there for the theatrics, to be forced to talk. A roster of 53, you mean to tell me that they can’t find the guys who like to talk, and those who don’t and go off that?

The dudes who love talking to the media, let them. Those who don’t, don’t force them too. It’s ridiculous

Those fake slides should definitely be a penalty.

I don’t think Josh was faking though.

And that Tom Brady “baseball” take out the shortstop/2nd baseman slide should be a penalty too

I thought there was a rule change where the play is dead once the QB appears to initiate a slide? Maybe it was for college.

The fake slide was a very popular talking point on twitter

It was not a fake slide

This man did the homework and proved he’s just a big lumbering guy juking. Once he gets going tho he has legit wheels

Cam Newton with a smooth release.

Back
Top Bottom