OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD...

Yes, that was a bad call, but the only reason they got their first goal was because of a bad call on the other end. One bad call deserves another.

We got the win. And we can play better. Let's take a chokehold on this series Thursday.

wow wings did everything to win that game, they just couldn't score. still see them winning the cup if they make it out of the west

Win or lose in the end, the Ducks came to play..
pimp.gif

I'm developing a man crush on Ryan Getzlaf. >.<

Btw, on the topic of the Coyotes... Bring them back to Winnipeg. Ontario doesnt need another team
laugh.gif

bjm5295 wrote:

People starting to come around.
If he were in a major hockey market Getzlaf would be billed as a superstar top 5 player.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Win or lose in the end, the Ducks came to play..
pimp.gif

His brother is an even better football player
pimp.gif

CFL FTW
laugh.gif

I wish more Ducks games were on TV. I always knew about him and that he was good, but watching him semi-consistently now in the playoffs... he's beenplaying like a boss.

Yep, everything he does just looks so effortless out there. And he's got a canon of a shot. Just wish he'd use it more.

BTW Red Wings fans are literally on suicide watch. Calling out conspiracy theories.
laugh.gif

yep, I'm a Canucks fan and I must admit, Getzlaf is a mf'ing beast.

He's got that "I will kill you if you mess with me" look all the time.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

The media has force-fed him to everyone who follows the NHL, but if you are a real fan, you would know the most marketable, charismatic, and BEST player in the league resides in Washington, D.C.

And that is held against Crosby for no reason. He is not the one that puts himself in the media all the time and on NHL billboards, commercials, RBK commercials, etc. He is an incredible player, yet since he may be overshadowed by one, possibly two players, people act like he sucks. Still a top three player in the league. Honestly, the more he is "disliked", the more I kinda like him. Well that is if the Pens win some games in these playoffs, though nothing that the Kid is doing wrong. Rest of the team needs to pull their heads of out their..."butts".
Ahhh...so the league is at fault for putting Crosby in the spotlight. You mean to tell me he hasn't embraced the spotlight? He could haveeasily said no to some of the endorsement deals through RBK, commercials through the NHL, interviews, etc etc....dude has been groomed for this since he was14-15 years old. Bottom line, he's an +@$. His latest transgression (if you want to call it that) was whining about hats being thrown on the ice after ahat trick? It's reasons like these that people dislike him. Seriously....I'm not questioning his talent, because he's a top-5 player in theNHL....it's the way how he complains, plays dirty, etc that I am not too fond of. I even posted a PLAYER poll...it's not just the fans who feel thisway...it's also his peers. THAT should tell you something.

Dustin Byfuglien and Luongo have a history....Buff is the one who started that quasi brawl in the regular season vs. the Canucks when he punched Luongo in thecage. I don't agree with ANYONE talking $%!+ to a goalie when TRAILING by 2 goals...Luongo of all people...
laugh.gif

*Just to think that the Caps passed on Ryan Getzlaf in the draft...I mean we got the better player in Eric Fehr
ohwell.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif
mad.gif

I agree he whines and complained in the past, but now it seems to be fans and the media looking to spin any comment that way. Watching him myself he seems tobe toning it down and again I think that will continue. As for turning down the marketing, can he really turn the NHL down? Is he really going to turn downmoney from Rbk? I think Alex is next to be really pushed by marketing. When he is I will be curious to see the reaction on here

Damn. I'm hearing Wisniewski has a lung contusion from taking the shot to the chest and to top it off a couple of lost teeth from the Holmstrom elbow.
What a bad break for us to lose IMO our 3rd best D-man.
sick.gif
I sure hope Hedican can play. I want no part of Festerling/Mikkelson inthe playoffs.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Btw, on the topic of the Coyotes... Bring them back to Winnipeg. Ontario doesnt need another team
laugh.gif

Seems like the Coyotes owner is a slimy SOB, filing bankruptcy without even contacting NHL officials. Just seems like he wants to take the money and run.

Originally Posted by mjd77

laugh.gif

Seems like the Coyotes owner is a slimy SOB, filing bankruptcy without even contacting NHL officials. Just seems like he wants to take the money and run.
were you just watching him on CNBC?

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif

NO...why?

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif

NO...why?
they were just talking to him and to bettman and david stern. thought you might have saw it. i heard them mention the coyotes but reallywasn't paying attention.

I understand the NHL gave them a loan to catch up on bills. I know the Suns get a ton of fan support down there but do the Coyotes? Or is there some otherreason they are losing a ton of money?

heads of out their..."butts". Ahhh...so the league is at fault for putting Crosby in the spotlight. You mean to tell me he hasn't embraced the spotlight? He could have easily said no to some of the endorsement deals through RBK, commercials through the NHL, interviews, etc etc....dude has been groomed for this since he was 14-15 years old. Bottom line, he's an +@$. His latest transgression (if you want to call it that) was whining about hats being thrown on the ice after a hat trick? It's reasons like these that people dislike him. Seriously....I'm not questioning his talent, because he's a top-5 player in the NHL....it's the way how he complains, plays dirty, etc that I am not too fond of. I even posted a PLAYER poll...it's not just the fans who feel this way...it's also his peers. THAT should tell you something.

Yeah - let's find a list of all the guys who would turn down major promotional offers for millions of dollars.
eyes.gif

It's the same old story - people are either jealous he's not on their team, or they feel like somebody on their own team should be getting thetreatment that he does so they hate him for getting it.

And not being popular among your peers isn't all that uncommon amongst greats in sports. Again - there is a lot of jealousy, these guys all believe theyare capable of being the best in the game. Ovechkin isn't exactly loved league-wide either - he may be more popular than Crosby, but he's as arrogantas anybody in the game.

As I will continue to say - you badmouth the guy, but you'd be the FIRST and last to defend him if he were on your team and that's being a homer.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by dmxfury

The media has force-fed him to everyone who follows the NHL, but if you are a real fan, you would know the most marketable, charismatic, and BEST player in the league resides in Washington, D.C.

And that is held against Crosby for no reason. He is not the one that puts himself in the media all the time and on NHL billboards, commercials, RBK commercials, etc. He is an incredible player, yet since he may be overshadowed by one, possibly two players, people act like he sucks. Still a top three player in the league. Honestly, the more he is "disliked", the more I kinda like him. Well that is if the Pens win some games in these playoffs, though nothing that the Kid is doing wrong. Rest of the team needs to pull their heads of out their..."butts".

Dustin Byfuglien and Luongo have a history....Buff is the one who started that quasi brawl in the regular season vs. the Canucks when he punched Luongo in the cage. I don't agree with ANYONE talking $%!+ to a goalie when TRAILING by 2 goals...Luongo of all people...
laugh.gif

Lu being interviewed on CBC after the game

"I tried to congratulate him on great game, but he seemed eager to get off the ice..."

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

As much as Byfuglien is a meathead, every team needs that agitator. Burrows was supposed to be ours this year, but ended up being a key piece.

Mitchell seems to have taken over that roll....
laugh.gif

Anybody see that hit on Kane from behind?

Salo should be back for game 4. I wish we could still keep Vaananen in the lineup, he played very well, minus his early penalty.

I dont necessarily think the opinion of people will change if Ovy gets more media attention. He embraces everything and eptiomizes everything young people wantIMO. He drives way to fast in way to expensive cars, parties alot, does stupid stuff just for fun (driving cart in the arena), hangs with famous ppl (LBJ),etc. I mean I'd love to be him. Crosby on the other hand is looked upon as a baby by his peers. At the end of the day everyone wants to be well liked andCrosby isn't making that happen with the dirty things he does on ice and the negative things he says off ice. Complaining about hats after a hat trick?That's been done since before Crosby even touched a hockey stick. Would he have had something to say if he did it at home? Probably not. When your peerslook down upon you and that is documented and made public, why would the public think any different? In my opinion its Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin. I give himcredit he leaves me in awe during some games, but I dont like seeing him spear a player in the back of the leg then complain when someone mashes his visoredface with their glove.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

heads of out their..."butts". Ahhh...so the league is at fault for putting Crosby in the spotlight. You mean to tell me he hasn't embraced the spotlight? He could have easily said no to some of the endorsement deals through RBK, commercials through the NHL, interviews, etc etc....dude has been groomed for this since he was 14-15 years old. Bottom line, he's an +@$. His latest transgression (if you want to call it that) was whining about hats being thrown on the ice after a hat trick? It's reasons like these that people dislike him. Seriously....I'm not questioning his talent, because he's a top-5 player in the NHL....it's the way how he complains, plays dirty, etc that I am not too fond of. I even posted a PLAYER poll...it's not just the fans who feel this way...it's also his peers. THAT should tell you something.

Yeah - let's find a list of all the guys who would turn down major promotional offers for millions of dollars.
eyes.gif

It's the same old story - people are either jealous he's not on their team, or they feel like somebody on their own team should be getting the treatment that he does so they hate him for getting it.

And not being popular among your peers isn't all that uncommon amongst greats in sports. Again - there is a lot of jealousy, these guys all believe they are capable of being the best in the game. Ovechkin isn't exactly loved league-wide either - he may be more popular than Crosby, but he's as arrogant as anybody in the game.

As I will continue to say - you badmouth the guy, but you'd be the FIRST and last to defend him if he were on your team and that's being a homer.

Obviously he's not going to turn down the $$...

but please...don't make it seem like Crosby is the victim in all of this...you are coming off as a blind apologist. How do you even explain himcomplaining to the refs about having Caps fans stop throwing hats AFTER a hat trick? How do you even defend that as a Pittsburgh fan? How do you defendCrosby hitting that dude on the Thrashers in the balls? How do you defend Crosby jumping that dude on the Panthers off the faceoff? And that's just fromthis season...it goes on and on....He's immensely talented (like I said before), but he's gutless. That player poll is well warranted.

Ovechkin is arrogant??? Where do you get that from? His 50th goal celebration? Which for the record, I thought was WAY OD on his part, but his teammatesfroze him out (Mike Green and Backstrom were supposed to join in, but left him hanging on purpose...not out of spite, but to play a joke on him)....The way hecarries himself both on and off the ice is EXACTLY what the NHL needs....it's not Crosby's fault that he's marketed the way he is, but OvechkinCLEARLY has stolen the spotlight from Sidney Crosby. If he was Canadien, it would be a wrap....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

*Just to think that the Caps passed on Ryan Getzlaf in the draft...I mean we got the better player in Eric Fehr
ohwell.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif
mad.gif
Instead of picking Getzlaf, Richards, Parise, or Perry... the Rangers selected Hugh Jessiman...
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom