OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD...

A little Memorial Cup update for you guys........Kelowna Rockets are in the Finals and will play the winner of the Windsor Spitfires/Rimouski Oceanic game. TheMem Cup is a week long tourney with 4 teams from the 3 major Canadian Junior Leagues (OHL, WHL, QMJHL). Guys like Ryan Ellis, Taylor Hall, Patrice Cormier,Yannick Riendeau, Jamie Benn, Tyler Myers etc are currently playing in this tournament. Great way to see all the young up and comers that will more than likelybe on your favorite teams next year (or at least in the near future).

Originally Posted by cquan05

A little Memorial Cup update for you guys........Kelowna Rockets are in the Finals and will play the winner of the Windsor Spitfires/Rimouski Oceanic game. The Mem Cup is a week long tourney with 4 teams from the 3 major Canadian Junior Leagues (OHL, WHL, QMJHL). Guys like Ryan Ellis, Taylor Hall, Patrice Cormier, Yannick Riendeau, Jamie Benn, Tyler Myers etc are currently playing in this tournament. Great way to see all the young up and comers that will more than likely be on your favorite teams next year (or at least in the near future).

Thats a Devil right there. Whats your opinion on him? Alot of people are hoping he makes the team this year.

^Cormier is a beast Gingers.........you will LOVE watching him play. He has size as well as talent. Each year in the Q he has increased his point totals, andalso remember this guy is only 18 years old! He had a crippling hit against Drummondville.......absolutely leveled their defenceman. He also wears the"A" on Rimouski, so I would expect him to continue to develop his leadership skills throughut his career. He may not be ready to make the jump nextyear, I think he could spend a few seasons (2) in the AHL before jumping to the big club. You never know though.......

Evgeni Malkin...
pimp.gif

Pens are looking real impressive lately. Thanks for the info Quan, everyone on HF is looking forward to Cormier coming to the big come hopefully sooner ratherthan later. Him Zharkov and Bergfors deserve a shot as long as Sutter doesn't go with the old timers like he is likely to do.

They may as well just start the SCF now. Both these series are done. Too much firepower on the Wings and Pens. I'm just praying the Pens will beat theWings.

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

They may as well just start the SCF now. Both these series are done. Too much firepower on the Wings and Pens. I'm just praying the Pens will beat the Wings.
Enh, remember the Pens were down 0-2 last series... nothing really starts til a home team loses, as they say.

And I have not been happy with the Pens defense at all these first two games... if their scoring slows down at all, Canes can easily rip off a few in a row. Idon't feel safe at all yet as a pens fan, just glad we held serve.

Looks like the Red Wings vs. Pens again except this time Hossa is on the Wings and the Pens have a new coach. I say Red Wings in 6.

I don't see the Canes winning 4 outta 5 against Pittsburgh having to contain both Crosby and Malkin. Unless Ward becomes an absolute brick wall, whichwon't happen 4 times.

Pens v wings again would be interesting to see if Pitt plays better but they aren't there yet. Crafty is right, the D has looked soft these past two games

keep your head up kids....that man is out cold....why are the wings getting penalized for that.....clean hit!!!! and all the other stuff happened after thehit was initiated by the hawks.....this game is about to get uuuuuuugggggggllllllllyyyyyyy

Bout damn time Kronwall gets called for this $*%$@!+#. He leaves his feet every time he hits someone.

Good call by the refs.

Back
Top Bottom