Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

Great overall two days for the B's.
pimp.gif

Great play tonight, Wideman with his standard bonehead move, but made up for it with the GWG goal. And he got nailed too by a Sabre.
laugh.gif

Great way for The Igloo to go out for the regular season and congrats to the kid for the milestone. I needed a Pens win after last night....sigh

Originally Posted by True Blues

Not only did the Bruins win tonight, but so did Carolina... meaning.... Toronto cannot finish with more than 74 points and thus, will finish second last in the league.

Seguin or Hall, anyone?
happy.gif

Rumor has it that Edmonton will do whatever they can and trade pieces to get the #2 pick as well and grab both Seguin and Hall.  Sounds like they will be making a big push for both picks.  Will be a very busy draft day with trades.

Originally Posted by Son of Troy

Sid with # 50 tonight

[Wilson from Home Improvement] No, Tim.  I don't think so. [/Wilson from Home Improvement]

Again....where's my dude MSABA????
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
The three finalists for NHL FanHouse's award for Best Defensive Defenseman of 2009-10 mirror the popular vote of more than 4,000 readers. The finalists are:

Brooks Orpik, Pittsburgh Penguins
Brent Seabrook, Chicago Blackhawks
Jeff Schultz, Washington Capitals

The reason(s) why in the link below....

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2010/04/05/best-defensive-defenseman-finalists-orpik-seabrook-schultz/

Went to the stars and ducks game last night. Had to go see Modano's last potential home game... been watching him play since I was 6 years old.
frown.gif
  If this is it for him then what a way to end it at home and finish off his illustrious career in Minnesota where it all began.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Great overall two days for the B's.
pimp.gif

Great play tonight, Wideman with his standard bonehead move, but made up for it with the GWG goal. And he got nailed too by a Sabre.
laugh.gif
man...that guys keeps me on a roller coaster...thank god he came through with the goal. the satan goal was niiiiice. tuukka keep it up, brotha
pimp.gif

chara out there with the mask, looking like a caveman with that nose
laugh.gif

any chance the rangers lose tonight????

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Son of Troy

Sid with # 50 tonight

[Wilson from Home Improvement] No, Tim.  I don't think so. [/Wilson from Home Improvement]

roll.gif

Does anyone want to win the Atlantic?
nerd.gif

[h6]50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp!Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp!Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp!Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp!Mvp! Mvp! Mvp! Mvp![/h6]

Rangers game was nuts tonight....too bad whoever takes that 8th spot will get embarrassed by DC.

Flyers stink and they are going to stink next year too.

thanks homer for giving 90% of the team $$$$$ contracts w/ no trade clause. and no 1st-2nd-3rd round picks for the next couple of drafts....suhweet...not

indifferent.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Blackhawks Win Franchise Record 23rd Road Contest[/h1]

Friday, 04.09.2010 / 11:39 PM/ News

The Chicago Blackhawks established a franchise-record on Friday with their 23rd road victory of the season, a 5-2 win over the Colorado Avalanche in Denver. Chicago’s previous single-season high was the 22 victories away from home accumulated by the 1992-93 and 2008-09 clubs.

Wednesday’s victory, the Blackhawks sixth consecutive, gave the team 52 wins and 111 points, both the most in franchise history. Combined with Chicago’s 104 points last year, this season marks the first time in 38 years the club has notched consecutive 100-point campaigns (1970-71 and 1971-72)

On Sunday, the Blackhawks clinched the NHL’s Central Division title, the franchise’s first division crown since capturing the Norris Division in 1992-93. The 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs will mark the first time in 13 years the Blackhawks will make consecutive postseason appearances.
Great night for both my Cardinals & Blackhawks
pimp.gif

Ovi takes the lead tonight & he's not gonna lose it. A lot of these writers are making a push for Henrik Sedin to win the Hart, but I feel Alex will win it.

Originally Posted by EMkicks

Went to the stars and ducks game last night. Had to go see Modano's last potential home game... been watching him play since I was 6 years old.
frown.gif
  If this is it for him then what a way to end it at home and finish off his illustrious career in Minnesota where it all began.
I didn't go but saw it on tv and it was great. I also have seen him play since they moved to Dallas in 1993. If it is the end he went out great with a nice assist, third period game tying goal to send the game to ot, scoring the game winning shootout goal and being named 1st star of the game. A great potential final home game for the best American hockey player ever.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Wow I didnt catch the highlights of that at all but now ill be sure too. Sounds amazing. Modano has always been the classiest guy on that team, especially through a short cloudy period there for a while coughaveryottcough
nerd.gif
. Sad to see him go.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Wow I didnt catch the highlights of that at all but now ill be sure too. Sounds amazing. Modano has always been the classiest guy on that team, especially through a short cloudy period there for a while coughaveryottcough
nerd.gif
. Sad to see him go.
If Dallas doesn't pick him up for another year, I don't think he continues playing, not after that reception he got the other night.

He's been a Star all his career, that's the way it should end. 

True, while it'll suck to see him go, I dont wanna see him on another team.

However, i'll never forget how he agreed to sign with the Bruins after the lockout then stiffed us when the Stars matched the contract.
mad.gif
laugh.gif
Oh well, bygones be bygones.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Great night for both my Cardinals & Blackhawks
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
This just does not make sense to me! I do enjoy watching the Blackhawks play though.

I was honored to be at Keith "Walt" Tkachuk's final home game last night. It really sucks that this team couldn't have been better, at least made the playoffs but last night was a special night at Scottrade. Here's the video:

I always remember wanting Keith Tkachuk back in his Coyote days - dude could fight, score, and check with the best of 'em.

He was much more than a hall of fame player off the ice, as I met him once at a sporting goods store I use to work at. He bought every single wiffleball and bat in the store for a charity tournament, couldn't have been a nicer guy. A local radio show has him on as a somewhat regular and the guy cracks me up every time.

A first class guy, a first class player. I'm gonna miss Big Walt.
frown.gif

28848005E.jpg

Now go get them chiclets replaced.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom