Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

[h2]Leafs, Rangers most valuable teams[/h2]

Comment Email Print Associated Press

NEW YORK -- For the fourth straight year, the Toronto Maple Leafs are the NHL's most valuable team, according to Forbes magazine's annual survey.

The Leafs are worth $470 million, an increase of 5 percent over last year. They easily are worth more than the next franchise, the New York Rangers at $416 million, up just 1 percent.

The original six franchises are in the top seven, with only Philadelphia at No. 5 breaking that monopoly. Montreal is third ($339 million), followed by Detroit ($337 million), Philadelphia ($273 million), Boston ($271 million) and Chicago ($258 million).

Chicago has the biggest rise in value, up 26 percent, followed by Washington at 15 percent to $183 million.

The Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins rank 11th at $222 million.

The average value of the 30 teams is $223 million, a slight increase over the $220 million of 2008.

Not surprisingly, the Phoenix Coyotes, with all their ownership issues, have the lowest worth, $138 million. And 14 teams -- nearly half the league -- went down in value, ranging from Colorado decreasing by 11 percent to Philadelphia falling 1 percent.

Toronto has, by far, the most operating income, $78.9 million, Forbes reported. Second in operating income is Montreal at $31.3 million.

The Leafs are tops in revenues, too, at $168 million, followed by the Rangers at $139 million.

Unbelievable
laugh.gif

Just shows how great of a fan base they have, but they are unable to put a winning product on display. Sucks.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by Proshares

One player in the league to start a franchise, who are you picking?

Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf, Kovalchuk, Iginla > Datsyuk.... IMO, he's a little overrated.
I agree, Datsyuk is the truth though.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

[h2]Leafs, Rangers most valuable teams[/h2]

Comment Email Print Associated Press

http://
NEW YORK -- For the fourth straight year, the Toronto Maple Leafs are the NHL's most valuable team, according to Forbes magazine's annual survey.

The Leafs are worth $470 million, an increase of 5 percent over last year. They easily are worth more than the next franchise, the New York Rangers at $416 million, up just 1 percent.

The original six franchises are in the top seven, with only Philadelphia at No. 5 breaking that monopoly. Montreal is third ($339 million), followed by Detroit ($337 million), Philadelphia ($273 million), Boston ($271 million) and Chicago ($258 million).

Chicago has the biggest rise in value, up 26 percent, followed by Washington at 15 percent to $183 million.

The Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins rank 11th at $222 million.

The average value of the 30 teams is $223 million, a slight increase over the $220 million of 2008.

Not surprisingly, the Phoenix Coyotes, with all their ownership issues, have the lowest worth, $138 million. And 14 teams -- nearly half the league -- went down in value, ranging from Colorado decreasing by 11 percent to Philadelphia falling 1 percent.

Toronto has, by far, the most operating income, $78.9 million, Forbes reported. Second in operating income is Montreal at $31.3 million.

The Leafs are tops in revenues, too, at $168 million, followed by the Rangers at $139 million.

Unbelievable
laugh.gif

Just shows how great of a fan base they have, but they are unable to put a winning product on display. Sucks.

We're not the mecca of hockey for no reason
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

As long as MLSE keeps making that $$ they won't feel the need to spend $$ and put a quality team on the ice. IF the $$ were to start disappearing, THENthey would try and invest more to gain more. It's a business for us in Toronto, simple as that.....

jeezus...could not buy a goal tonight. thomas played great (and with some luck). but we had so many chances on offense but just could not get a goal.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Goku the great thing about that is that its David Clarkson. He's transforming into an extremely solid player who plays the body and has a lot of upside offensively. If that was an Ovechkin, Crosby, etc goal it would be all over the place. The Devils are looking real good right now.
yeah man im lovin Clarkson more and more.

9-0 on the road
pimp.gif

Bruins Shots 40
Panthers Shots 23
Second Period 19-1
Panthers win 1-0 in 4th Rd of SO....
frown.gif

So glad I sold my tickets for the game.
laugh.gif

As much as I disliked breaking up Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner, putting Bergfors on that line makes it an extremely young, talented, and SKILLED (yes on theDevils we have a skilled line its not all trapping and defense). So with that line, Rolston-Elias-Langenbrunner thats a solid line and what I'd like to seeif put Clarkson on that line as well. I dont see them putting Langenbrunner on the 3rd line but I dont see him being the type to complain about that. AndyGreene has also been phenomenal so far. Im thrilled with how this team has come together.

I like to come in here and read all of the penguins/rangers/devils comments...............................not. do you guys know anything about any other team?

All that come in here are like 80% Pens/Rangers/Devils fans, like two Bruins fans (
laugh.gif
), a few Flyers fans, and I think theres a Blackhawks fan out there?
laugh.gif

Yea FB is a Hawks fan
laugh.gif

I think most people who post in here can talk about other teams/players. Everyone outside of Fade on s/him is pretty knowledgeable.

Call a spade a spade. I'll give props to Craftsy, DMX and Son of Troy. This dude/!*+%$ shows up when they're winning. Dude was rooting for theYankees too
laugh.gif

You sure he's out? Read on ESPN a few mins ago he could be back but I doubt that was from today.

I hate beating the Caps w/o Ovie doesn't feel as fulfilling
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom