Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

SCREW THE ISLANDERS!
frown.gif
laugh.gif

If I can take any positives out of the last few games, the reformed Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder line has like 3 goals and 3 assists in the last two.
pimp.gif

And Savard back on the ice today!
smile.gif

Islanders WILL make the playoffs this year....I totally expect them to be around that 7-8 seed by season's end. They have some great young talent inTavares, Okposo, Moulson, etc...watch them make a move or two at the deadline in a few month to make their team even stronger....

I'm going to try to get out to the Island to catch a game or two in December...

*what's this I'm hearing about the Blue Jackets and Nikita Filatov going their seperate ways? Filatov to the KHL? Blue Jackets would still have hisrights, but Filatov's camp isn't happy w. the way he's being handled by Hitchcock & Co.

For those who have been to an Islanders game, can you tell me if theres a lot of room between the front row of seats and the glass? I'm looking at goingthe see the Bruins play in LI in March and glass seats on stubhub are really cheap on the ends and corners, but SeatData and 3D seats makes it look like theresa ton of room for walking between the first row and the boards. Not that it matters too much, i'm just wondering.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

For those who have been to an Islanders game, can you tell me if theres a lot of room between the front row of seats and the glass? I'm looking at going the see the Bruins play in LI in March and glass seats on stubhub are really cheap on the ends and corners, but SeatData and 3D seats makes it look like theres a ton of room for walking between the first row and the boards. Not that it matters too much, i'm just wondering.
yea, behind the nets there's like 8-10 feet between the boards and the first row.

Ok, who's the joker that proposed this trade to me?

I get: Matt Carle and Vinny Prospal

I give: Sidney Crosby and Niklas Lidstrom

You've got to be kidding.

The Chicago Blackhawks are on the verge of locking up their talented young core players.

Sources tell TSN the Hawks are in the process of finalizing long-term contract extensions for Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews and Duncan Keith.

Kane and Toews are believed to be getting five-year extensions, with each of them worth in excess of $6 million per year. Sources suggest Kane's deal is worth a little more than Toews. An announcement on those two deals appears to be imminent.

Keith's deal is said to be more complicated, perhaps as long as 13 years, and worth less than what the Hawks will pay their two star forwards, which is to suggest it will likely average less than $6 million per year. Because the NHL is so closely scrutinizing the ultra long-term contracts, it may take longer to dot all the i's and cross all the t's on the Keith extension.

In any case, it's only a matter of time until the Hawks formally announce all three.

I have a feeling Shanny will be coming out of "retirement" in the 2nd half of the season...he'll sign w. contender....

Too bad about Filatov...weird situation in Columbus....I wonder if they would trade him?

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Ok, who's the joker that proposed this trade to me?

I get: Matt Carle and Vinny Prospal

I give: Sidney Crosby and Niklas Lidstrom

You've got to be kidding.
laugh.gif
You'd be surprised...I've gotten desperate ownersto accept trades like that in the past.

Anyone know what Ovechkin's injury was? All I heard was "upper body" but Ovechkin didn't look too hurt after the collision a few weeks ago.I'm guessing it was an oblique strain or something because he wasn't favoring his shoulders or anything. Hopefully he's healthy for the Olympics.

Leafs need to stop screwing around and just give Schenn the "C."

For real.

roll.gif
aad;nvfa;dsjhnvfasnva;jdfa @ that vid....

I knew it was gonna be bad as soon as he jumped....wasn't expecting him to go thrun the glass
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Leafs need to stop screwing around and just give Schenn the "C."

For real.
He's having a tough time this year, I really thought he was going to excel with Beauchemin and Komisarek coming here. Hope he can have abetter second half of the season.

Los Angeles Kings forward Ryan Smyth will be sidelined for "up to a month" due to a lower-body injury, head coach Terry Murray told the L.A. Times on Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom