Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

Originally Posted by cquan05

I'm still digesting this deal..........I would say we gave up way too much. I was always a huge Hagman and White fan, I don't mind losing Mayers as well as Stajan. I guess they saw how well Kessel made Stajan, and so they think Iggy or Jokinen or whoever will do the same.

Jason Blake & Vesa Toskala to Anaheim now.
If Ian White wasn't involved, I wouldn't say the Flames got that much better of a deal....IMO he's a MUCH better d-man than Phaneuf at this point.  Flames got some more scoring, grit, and a better player on their blueline...they want to do better than 8th in the West, and this deal makes them a much better squad.  Leafs gave up way too much....how long before all of Toronto is hating on Phaneuf???  Tough city to play...expectations are going to be through the roof ESPECIALLY for being as much of a marquee player as he is....this has disaster written all over it....Leafs gave up a lot for Kessel and now you give up a lot for Phaneuf....I'm not sure which direction this team is going...

White was a fan favorite here too.....but for some reason I think we'll love Phaneuf
ohwell.gif

I hope Burkey plans on moving Giguere..........I also hope he knows what the hell he's doing.
laugh.gif

Phanuef in Toronto is Pierre McGuire's wet dream. MONSTER!!!

0.jpg

That said, I'm not sure how either of these trades help the Leafs. Offense still remains the biggest question mark.

You can pretty much guarantee Stempniak and Poni will be gone before the deadline, too.

I thought they were looking to Toskala to be the future? Maybe i'm thinking of something/someone else.

Hopefully they continue to slide. First pick to the Bruins?
pimp.gif

I was bored during intermission so I decided to try to build a team that fits under the cap... you guys should give it a try.

Rules

• [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Team must fit under the cap ($56,800,000)[/color]
  • [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Must have 22 roster players[/color]
  • [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Do not just load up on young players on entry level contracts[/color]
  • [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Try to use role players as well[/color]
  • [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Include cap hit for each player[/color]
  • [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Use Nhlscap.com for cap info
    [/color]

Forwards
Zach Parise (3.125) - Ryan Getzlaf (5.325) - Marian Hossa (5.275)
Loui Eriksson (1.6) - Mikko Koivu (3.25) - Patrick Kane (3.725)
Scottie Upshall (1.5) - Todd White (2.375) - David Backes (2.5)
Mason Raymond (.883) - Blair Betts (.55) - Blake Wheeler (2.825)

Defense
Duncan Keith (1.48) - Shea Weber (4.5)
Niklas Kronwall (3.0) - Matt Niskanen (.85)
Stephane Robidas (1.5) - Kris Letang (.835)

Goalies
Cam Ward (6.3)
Erik Ersberg (.75)

Extras
Zach Stortini (.70)
Martin Skoula (.575)

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Total:[/color] $53,423,000

Caps win their 10th in a row
pimp.gif

I got a feeling that the streak will end in Boston.....hope these guys come ready to play.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I got a feeling that the streak will end in Boston.....hope these guys come ready to play.
laugh.gif
not with the way we're playing, homey. we couldn't beat the oilers right now
smh.gif

no offense physicx
laugh.gif

don't know how to feel about this phaneuf trade yet. as usual only time will tell if it was worth giving up hagman and white. i hope he realizes his potential under the blue n white. the leafs really need to start kicking it into high gear, i really dont want the bruins to get a high pick

Was kinda shocked to hear about these deals this morning. I think the Flames got the better end of that trade. Ian White is probably one of the most underrated defensemen in the league and I agree w/DJ's at this point I think he may be slightly better than Dion.

Where does this leave Toronto's cap space at now?

Sources tell TSN the New York Rangers and Calgary Flames are expectedto announce a trade tonight that will send Calgary centre, Olli Jokinento the Rangers in exchange for Ales Kotalik and either Chris Higgins orrookie defenceman, Matt Gilroy.

Guess Flames were forced to make that deal to shed some salary after picking up 4 Leafs earlier
laugh.gif

KINGS 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Kopitar, Doughty, Brown, Simmer, Captain Canada, Stoll, Richardson, etc..

But most importantly, Jon Quick. 
smile.gif

That is all.

Rangers just made a trade with Calgary.

Kotalik and Higgins to Calgary for Jokinen and Brandon Prust.

Great trade for the Rangers IMO. Jokinen can't be any worse then Kotalik or Higgins. Prust is a fighter and will add toughness, which is what we need.

The best part of the deal is getting rid of Kotaliks terrible contract!!!!!

What the hell were the Flames thinking today with their two deals?

I dont mind the 2 trades Burke pulled off today.

However, I'm still pissed off they traded 2 1st rounders for Phil %%#*$@ Kessel. They could've just signed a winger last summer and kept the draft picks.

The Phaneuf deal is a win for all Torontonians simply because we'll get to see more of Elisha Cuthbert. HOLLAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

elisha-cuthbert.jpg

Back
Top Bottom