Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

Originally Posted by Proshares

indifferent.gif
at your avy change sparking Crosby.
roll.gif
roll.gif

..if the Sharks got Kovy without giving up Marleau/Heatley which they wont, that would be simply unfair...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

..if the Sharks got Kovy without giving up Marleau/Heatley which they wont, that would be simply unfair...
laugh.gif

I don't know...with Boyle out other teams have been taking advantage of that below average blue line...add another forward who doesn't play defense...

Recipe for disaster.  Nabby would be facing 50 shots a night.  At least Marleau, Ghost and Heatley play some kind defense.  

DULUTH, Ga. -- Atlanta Thrashers general manager Don Waddell broke his silence on the contract situation surrounding Ilya Kovalchuk on Thursday, saying negotiations are at an "impasse" and the team is exploring all its options.

"Our goal from the start of this negotiating process was to sign IlyaKovalchuk to a long-term contract," Waddell said in a statement."During the process, Kovy affirmed his desire to be a Thrasher forlife. We've spent several months exploring scenarios with Kovy and hisagent to reach a mutually beneficial agreement and offered manylucrative packages in an attempt to meet his financial objectives.Unfortunately, we've reached an impasse and at this point he hasdeclined all of our proposals and we can't reasonably go any higher.

"Ultimately, we offered Kovy more than $101 million over 12 years, whichwould have been the highest contract signed by an impendingunrestricted free agent in the history of the league," Waddell said inthe statement. "If accepted, this contract would have been thesecond-highest offer ever to any NHL player. We also met his desire tobe the highest-paid player based on average annual salary with aseparate offer of seven years at $10 million per year ($70 M). Thisoffer is $0.5 million higher per year than any other player.
Wow. 
laugh.gif

I can't believe this..... We literally gave up next to nothing in reality for a premier sniper. Hopefully they can resign him.

Anaheim, Dallas and the Los Angeles Kings are listed as the threeWestern Conference teams on Souray's wish list, while somewhatsurprisingly, the Eastern Conference is well represented as well inWashington, Philadelphia and the New York Rangers.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by cquan05

USA Today is reporting the star forward has been shipped by the Atlanta Thrashers to the New Jersey Devils.
Damn bro...ur quick
laugh.gif
just came in to post this:

http://twitter.com/TarikElBashir

Caps may be facing a revamped Atlanta team tomorrow night. Kevin Allen reports Thrashers captain Ilya Kovalchuk has been dealt to NJ.

I got the text and I'm in the car like "%%@* I gotta get home to post it"
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

I thought it would have been a lot more.  Gonna miss Oduya and Bergfors though.  Less than what they were asking from Boston IMO.

My friend, who is a Rangers fan, called me and told me it was Parise, I almost swerved off the road
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by cquan05

USA Today is reporting the star forward has been shipped by the Atlanta Thrashers to the New Jersey Devils.
Damn bro...ur quick
laugh.gif
just came in to post this:

http://twitter.com/TarikElBashir

Caps may be facing a revamped Atlanta team tomorrow night. Kevin Allen reports Thrashers captain Ilya Kovalchuk has been dealt to NJ.

I got the text and I'm in the car like "%%@* I gotta get home to post it"
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

I thought it would have been a lot more.  Gonna miss Oduya and Bergfors though.  Less than what they were asking from Boston IMO.

My friend, who is a Rangers fan, called me and told me it was Parise, I almost swerved off the road
laugh.gif

Parise & Kovy on the PP =
sick.gif

^  Coming for that #1 spot.

number%20one%20spot.jpg

pimp.gif

Isn't Souray out until after the deadline though?  How much are those teams willing to give up for him?  Rangers gotta swing Redden to the AHL to be able to do that trade no?

Lou Lamereillo = best GM in the NHL and it aint even close.

I'm not sure they'll be able to resign Kovy but they just got instantly better without giving up much.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

I can't believe this..... We literally gave up next to nothing in reality for a premier sniper. Hopefully they can resign him.
im still in shock at how little we gave up, LOU
pimp.gif
. hopefully i can catch the game tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I'm not sure they'll be able to resign Kovy but they just got instantly better without giving up much.

The window with Marty is closing and with the way they've been playing lately struggling to score goals, they had to do something.

Back
Top Bottom