Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

So, after watching it live, as well as the replay........I would say they shouldn't have counted it as a goal, but Ovehckin should've been assessed a charging penalty. You could clearly see him coming from the blue line and aiming for Gil. If you ask how would they count it a goal and give a penalty? Caps never touched the puck AFTER AO hit Gil, therefore it would've been a good goal, and they could have gave a penalty as well.

Originally Posted by cquan05

So, after watching it live, as well as the replay........I would say they shouldn't have counted it as a goal, but Ovehckin should've been assessed a charging penalty. You could clearly see him coming from the blue line and aiming for Gil. If you ask how would they count it a goal and give a penalty? Caps never touched the puck AFTER AO hit Gil, therefore it would've been a good goal, and they could have gave a penalty as well.
CQuan....Ovechkin is GLIDING....no effin way that's a charge.  It was a horsecrap call. If you're going to assess that a penalty, then hitting should be taking out of hockey all together.

It's a shame the streak ended, to the Habs n less
smh.gif

There were definitely some suspect calls & CQuan, you're reaching.

Bout time the Caps lose, still annoyed the Pens lost that Sunday game

Good streak though, and Pens beat NYI last night

Another thing.....

this goal counted:

nerd.gif

The refs/NHL %!$@!% up....because you can clearly see from the above vid, that a defender was knocked into the goalie and subsequently a goal was scored right after...

here's more of a breakdown from PD....a lot of confusion on this call...it's water under the bridge, but I'm still pissed.
laugh.gif

Link

also....since we're at the Olympic break, let's post up our Award winners so far....

Hart:  Ovechkin

Vezina: Brodeur

Calder: Myers

Norris: Keith

Adams : Tippett

Selke: M. Koivu

Doublej, it just is what it is

Kid and Ovi will battle for the Hart this year, Alex will probably win in the end

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Doublej, it just is what it is

Kid and Ovi will battle for the Hart this year, Alex will probably win in the end
Yeah...I agree....nothing can be done about it, but I'm just pointing out the inconsistencies in the calls. 

I'm seriously x'ing my fingers for a Pens/Caps matchup in the playoffs....best rivalry in the NHL right now.....pure hatred.  You gotta love the fact that Crosby and Ovechkin hate each other off the ice as well. 

As great as Sedin and Crosby have been this year...Hart is Ovie without question.  That rating is just unbelievable.

Vezina is really tough this year.  You have Marty, Nabby, Bryzgalov, Luongo and Miller all having great seasons.  I think Nabby takes it in the end though.  Just off the fact that I hope they rest Marty more down the stretch.  Miller is carrying that team on his back though.

Calder - Jimmy Howard

Adams - Bruce Bordeau

Norris - Keith

Selke - Koivu

Oh damn....I forgot about Ryan Miller...good call on that....take him off that team, and they'd be an 8 seed or worse.....no offense to you or other Devils fans, but Miller is much more important to his team (at this point) than Brodeur. I'm just talking about during the regular season.

They haven't shown it lately but the Devils can score. Buffalo have some depth on the offensive side but the defense isn't all that great. Miller has to stand on his head most nights and he's carried them to the #3 seed. Devils have a more solid blue line even with Martin out for most of the year. And Lalime is a god awful back up goalie. I agree with you. They should really make a run at either Biron or Roloson with DiPietro back. Miller is going to be the lead goalie for Team USA too. Gotta rest him a bit down the stretch.

If he gets hot in the playoffs, that team could go far.

My awards..

Hart:� Ovechkin, no question. I think he's stepped up his leadership so much this year.

Vezina: Ryan Miller. Like always, theres plenty of goalies you can go with, but Miller IS the Sabres.

Calder:� Myers/Tuukka. Both are currently so important to their teams. Myers won me over huge the other night when he got hit in the face with the puck, and he tried to tell the trainer he was fine so he could stay in the game.
pimp.gif

Norris:� Call me a homer, but i'm going with Chara again. He's playing with a dislocated/torn up pinky, and helping the Bruins be third in D. Without him, we might not have 10 wins.

Adams : Dave Tippett. Nothing to be said other than hes doing an unbelievable job with a team that was in shambles a few months ago.

Selke:� No idea, so i'll just go with Datsyuk again.
laugh.gif

awards time, huh. let's see...

hart: AO...no question imo
vezina: nabokov
calder: tuukka - seems like the bruins are finally giving him the lead role and he could really make noise down the stretch.
norris: kieth
adams: tippet
selke: always wondered what they use to determine this. with some sort of interpretation since people like AO and his linemates get a massive boost. or is just based on observation. either way, i have no idea who i'd pick for this. i'd have to think about it. i know who i'd give the award to on the bruins, but as far as entire league, not sure.

As great of a job as Tippett has been doing, I'm on the fence about him even being top 3 for the Adams. Boudreau, Terry Murray and Joe Sacco I think are the three who would be finalists.

Does Tuuka qualify for the Calder? If he does I think he's up there...Myers is the 3rd probably but I think that whole unit gets saved by Miller night in and night out.

Howard's been playing great and keeping Detroit afloat for a playoff spot when most of the team is having a bad year and with Osgood playing so poorly.

I THINK Tuukka qualifies cause he spent time in Providence last year before coming up. Come to think of it, he only played like three games I think?

I'm worrying about the B's playing the Caps in the 1st round.
laugh.gif
I think we could steal two games, hell I think if we got breaks we could even beat them, but yeah, theyre just so dynamic. They should walk to the Con. Finals if they get a solid vet in goal.

Alright I may have jumped the gun on saying it was a charge, but it either should have been a goal or a penalty. Call a rough, charge or whatever.....but the refs blew that one.
ohwell.gif

Source: Ray Whitney Will Be Heading to 1 of 5 Eastern Conference teams. Teams are believed to be: Pittsburgh, Boston, Washington, Buffalo, or Montreal. Confident this deal goes down very soon

I hope he goes to Buffalo. Put him with Vanek and Connolly, line would be sick. Vanek needs to pick it up a bit...

Originally Posted by cquan05

Alright I may have jumped the gun on saying it was a charge, but it either should have been a goal or a penalty. Call a rough, charge or whatever.....but the refs blew that one.
ohwell.gif

Source: Ray Whitney Will Be Heading to 1 of 5 Eastern Conference teams. Teams are believed to be: Pittsburgh, Boston, Washington, Buffalo, or Montreal. Confident this deal goes down very soon

the Wizard is demanding to play with Crosby isn't he

laugh.gif
at wanting a three year contract extension, does he know how old he is

Back
Top Bottom