Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

Caps needed a shut-down D man, and we get Corvo....
laugh.gif

Not really any earth shattering moves....I like the additions of Belanger and Walker for experience/depth, but I'm not too keen on JC being here....not much of an upgrade IMO.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Gents free customization today only on jerseys at NHL.com and that includes international stuff. Also use code AFFTP7 for additional 20% off. Just ordered Sids Canada jersey for 107 shipped. Fake ones are almost that much! Awesome stuff
Damn it... wanted a Kane USA jersey and a Malkin Russian jersey but they don't have my size in either...
tired.gif

Belanger, Corvo, Jurcina (even though he's hurt) and Walker make the Capitals IMO the team to beat in the entire league. Belanger gives you faceoff wins, Corvo adds to an already lethal powerplay, he can start a breakout by himself, Walker is a great role player who will do the things needed to keep the Backstroms, Greens, Ovys, etc on the ice and healthy. Great pickups.

We on the other hand got Martin Skoula. BFD. Solid defenseman I guess but nothing special. I guess when you get Kovalchuk a month ago you cant really complain.

id like to thank the bruins, who i spent a lot of money on this year in season ticket, winter classic ticket, and a 200 dollar jersey, for doing nothing more than trading a mid level defenseman FOR ANOTHER mid level defensman...
smh.gif

i do really like the seidenberg trade but it makes us no different by trading morris.

fyi, morris cap hit =3.5 mil

seidenberg cap hit = 2.25 mil

bitz off the books

quick way to save 1.5 mil or so.
smh.gif
mad.gif

edit, more frustration: bruins wouldnt give up a fourth for aaron ward?
mad.gif

yelle back to colorado is pretty cool.

penguins flying way under the radar picking up ponikarovsky and jordan leopold. great deals for little going out.

USA jerseys were sold out by the time I saw dmx's post. I wanted a drury one but no way im paying almost 200, and i cant find a fake one.
laugh.gif

All in all pretty happy with the Pens moves, they have a pretty fair shot to repeat but who knows when it comes to the playoffs, still plenty of teams just as good. Nothing earth shattering at the deadline

With all of this talk about the Capitals being the team to be beat, I am more than certain they won't win the cup this year. I agree with bjm5295, the Pens have made some moves under the radar. If they can get some production out of their wingers, I believe they are the team to beat in the East.

Blackhawks didn't make any moves in net, so we are basically going to have to stand on our heads the entire playoffs to stand a chance. I smell 1991 all over again
smh.gif

i've got my fingers crossed for a pens/caps showdown in the eastern finals...because obviously my bruins don't plan on doing anything along the lines of winning down the stretch

I had no idea Yelle was still in the NHL.

I think if the Caps get decent goaltending and that blue line places solid defense, no one is beating them. Too many players need to click for the Pens IMO.

i read yesterday there was a rumor flying that the caps wanted tim thomas for theodore and a forward. that would have solved no problems at all.
laugh.gif

i really think the total focus on boston, chicago and ______ (im forgetting a team here) doing nothing is really drawing attention away from pittsburgh making two great moves. all the talk even for teams that did do something is on washington.

hilarious that jurcina is back in washington though.

It probbaly has to do with the fact that Chicago is a solid goalie away from being a lock in the West and Washington is the top team in the East already. Both of these teams lack strenght in net, which is why I won't be surprised if neither one of them make it to the Finals.

Here is a stat that I couldn't believe - last night the Blues won in Dallas 6-1, and in the process scored 4+ goals in their last 5 games.

The last time that happened - 1992.
eek.gif

Now only 1 point back of the playoffs, they are the hottest team in the NHL...except for, the Hurricanes?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom