Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

^ That's cold blooded
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

This is Jagr showcasing himself for an NHL team next year IMO.

I knew Hiller was good...but dude was insane tonight.
Jagr is not showcasing himself for an NHL team. Plenty of teams wanted him 2 summers ago but he opted to take the tax-free money in Russia.

Jagr is so skilled that he will be an impact player until the day he retires...he's like Lemieux, Forsberg, etc etc...guys that were still unbelievably good despite the limitations placed on their body by injuries and overall wear and tear.

He's pretty much accomplished everything there is to accomplish in the game of hockey. 2 Cups, an Olympic Gold, NHL MVP, Art Ross, World Championship, etc. and he's a first ballot HOFer.

He has nothing left to prove...he could come back to the NHL next season and easily get 50+ pts in 82 games, then play some playoff games at a limited salary with more travel, more pressure in a more physically demanding league OR he could just say in Russia, play 50-games a season + playoffs, with no pressure and make a lot more money.

They aren't showing the Russia - Czech game on television here in Los Angeles, are you watching it online?

alright cause i put money on usa

i was just looking at the rosters and i didnt recognize any names off the usa roster but knew a bunch off of the canada one

Canada struggling with the Swiss was a little bit of a wake up call for them IMO. I think they're going to win.

Originally Posted by youngmoney

alright cause i put money on usa

i was just looking at the rosters and i didnt recognize any names off the usa roster but knew a bunch off of the canada one
well canada has a lot of the stars from the nhl...the US has a very young crop of talent from the NHL. but like proshares said, the swiss gave canada quite a scare, so the US should definitely have a chance to win this game.

Thank you Ryan Suter for chasing the puck and letting arguably the best player in the world get a wide open shot in the gold medal game. Kudos to you. And Mr. Paul Stastny, you are overrated.

great tourney in the olympics. i think it def. helped get some more people into hockey.

no back to business
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom