Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

Mark Stuart, two fights, two wins.
pimp.gif
Although the second was a slop fest.

Someone finally has the right attitude. Dont take no %+$$.

didnt watch the game but looking at the boxscore...i see leighton and bouch played. leighton most be sucking $!! again
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

kind of figured after the trade deadline (where we didnt pick up a decent goalie) he would turn into this.  bum

bjm5295 wrote:
In light of whether or not the Bruins go after Cooke or not, heres a video recap of the best game ive ever been too.
pimp.gif

I'm not so much for the goonery in the NHL as opposed to intl. hockey, but at the end of this you'll notice the little, scrappy, high speed/scoring Marc Savard go after Sean Avery for cheap shotting Lucic. I hope the looch remember what he did for him next Thrusday.

Timmy challanged Turco to a fight in the middle of that line brawl that you cant see in this video, but you could see a the Garden. I wanted them to go SOOO bad.
laugh.gif

Jack Edwards I believe is the announcer. Regardless of whether or not I got the name right, dude is a gigantic homer and clown. He makes it seam like everyone on the B's is either the second coming of Gretzky, Orr, or Cam Neely. Lucic is god and everyone fears him according to Edwards. Dont get me wrong, Looch is a beast but he really hasnt done squat to be annointed Cam Neely Jr.

Jack>your favorite announcer.
smile.gif

Unless its Mike Emerick, then theyre tied.

And besides from being a homer, which I dont mind cause I'm not watching a Boston broadcast of the Bruins to listen to how great the other team is, nothing he said about Ott or Avery in that video was wrong.

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

didnt watch the game but looking at the boxscore...i see leighton and bouch played. leighton most be sucking $!! again
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

kind of figured after the trade deadline (where we didnt pick up a decent goalie) he would turn into this.  bum
laugh.gif

i gotta say that most of the goals were not leighton's fault...he had no shot on some of em

Originally Posted by Son of Troy

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Yeah the crap that Sid got for the stupid top ten thing was annoying and seemed like a case of people wanting to just take a shot at him. Good stuff with the clarification in regards to 99, 66 and 87
People just like to take shots at Sid, who cares if he didn't do Letterman.
he should have done it to help the NHL.  duh

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

eyes.gif
eyes.gif

i gotta say that most of the goals were not leighton's fault...he had no shot on some of em

laugh.gif
thanks for the clarification.  lately, he's been giving up the softest goals 
smh.gif

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Yeah the crap that Sid got for the stupid top ten thing was annoying and seemed like a case of people wanting to just take a shot at him. Good stuff with the clarification in regards to 99, 66 and 87
People just like to take shots at Sid, who cares if he didn't do Letterman.
he should have done it to help the NHL.  duh
Being on Letterman wasn't going to help the NHL, sorry but it wasn't.

no I made a quote earlier from eric husselius off of espn radio, stating his opinion of why crosby didn't do it. and son of troy keeps saying I am taking shots at his beloved player

no I made a quote earlier from eric husselius off of espn radio, stating his opinion of why crosby didn't do it. and son of troy keeps saying I am taking shots at his beloved player
tired.gif
 Try again. When I was stating that people like to take shots at Sid, I wasn't referring to you. Who are you anyway but some random guy on the web voicing an opinion nobody cares about? Before your feathers get ruffled, that can apply to all of us here too. My comments were based off of individulas such as Eric Husselius, who was talking out of his !#@ with that comment he made.
laugh.gif
 @ my beloved player, btw the Blackhawks suck
wink.gif

tired.gif
 Try again. When I was stating that people like to take shots at Sid, I wasn't referring to you. Who are you anyway but some random guy on the web voicing an opinion nobody cares about? Before your feathers get ruffled, that can apply to all of us here too. My comments were based off of individulas such as Eric Husselius, who was talking out of his !#@ with that comment he made.
laugh.gif
wink.gif

yes I am a random (random means by chance so this word doesn't apply here) guy voicing my opinion on an internet forum.  However I was the one who posted the comment made by EH, no one else.  you look cute when you use smileys and winks with emoticons btw, it makes you look 10x cooler.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Jack>your favorite announcer.
smile.gif

Unless its Mike Emerick, then theyre tied.

And besides from being a homer, which I dont mind cause I'm not watching a Boston broadcast of the Bruins to listen to how great the other team is, nothing he said about Ott or Avery in that video was wrong.

It is Emerick and there is a reason Emerick wins Emmys. Hes the best there is at broadcasting hockey. Thats why he did the major olympic games, he does the stanley cup games, etc. Jack Edwards did the Little League World Series, thats as big as he got. Dude is an overreacting homer of an announcer. This isnt just based off that video but numerous others. He's nuts.

Matt Cooke is an a-hole and honestly should be suspended for a long long time.

tired.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif

yes I am a random (random means by chance so this word doesn't apply here) guy voicing my opinion on an internet forum.  However I was the one who posted the comment made by EH, no one else.  you look cute when you use smileys and winks with emoticons btw, it makes you look 10x cooler.

Whatever you say cool guy.

First game I'm going to in a long time tonight. Don't wanna see the Pens win
laugh.gif

Weather ain't helping with my transportation though.

good win yesterday
pimp.gif

PHILADELPHIA – There’s been a lot of speculation about the Flyers’ future in goal beyond this season. An answer may be forthcoming sooner rather than later.

Michael Leighton’s agent, Mike Liut, has been in the Philadelphia area for several days and likely will talk to general manager Paul Holmgren about a contract extension for his client this week, a Flyers source confirmed to the Daily Times.

While there is no guarantee that anything will be signed this week, it’s a good bet ideas will be exchanged.

According to the source, the Flyers would like to have Leighton back – possibly on a two-year deal – if the salary figure is reasonable.

Leighton makes $600,000 this season, but the Flyers are only on the hook for $300,000 after claiming him off of re-entry waivers from the Carolina Hurricanes. Carolina is paying him the other half of his salary.

Leighton, 28, has been tremendous for the Flyers this season, and entered play Thursday with a record of 17-5-2 with a 2.46 GAA.

indifferent.gif
is prolly gonna be our starting goalie next year

2dlohn8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom