Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

The final minute of the game was spent chanting "You cant beat us" by 17k people. Sidney does even more whining in person. He literally spent an entire TV timeout *****ing to the refs. It got so bad that Langenbrunner went over and the meeting ended as soon as he got there. Im assuming the ref was saying "we're trying to give you the pp's but you're not scoring, you gave up two breakaways on your own powerplay, what more can we do to help you?"
That chant is going to come back and bite you guys in the **! come playoff time, mark my words. I am so tired of everyone saying Sidney whines, it's pathetic.

Lee Stempniak has been a huge addition for the Coyotes.

Seven wins in a row.
pimp.gif

Honestly, the Coyotes are my pick as of now to come out of the West. Bryz is playing amazing and they play some nice defensive hockey. Saw a stat saying they are like 30-3-3 this year when scoring the first goal in a game.

If SJ has to play Detroit in the first round, they're getting knocked out.  Avs gotta give Anderson a rest or they'll get run out in the first round as well.  And I'd love to see LA/Phoenix in the first round.

Originally Posted by Proshares

If SJ has to play Detroit in the first round, they're getting knocked out.  Avs gotta give Anderson a rest or they'll get run out in the first round as well.  And I'd love to see LA/Phoenix in the first round.

That's the matchup least favorable as a Kings fan because the Yotes are really really good, but great series to watch for.

Speaking of goalies getting rest, Quick needs a day or 2 of rest, but thing are so tight in the West, I don't see it happening.

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

Honestly, the Coyotes are my pick as of now to come out of the West.

Caps & Coyotes in the SC Finals? I still think San Jose breaks out of the West this year, even if they face Detroit in the 1st round.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Shawn Thornton TOI: 0:31

Shawn Thornton PIM: 15:00

roll.gif
laugh.gif

pathetic game overall. where's the fire and intensity from last year. ri-goddamn-diculous.

between that loss and georgetown's brilliant exit last night, i drank myself into a stupor.

Originally Posted by Never Seen B4

Caps & Coyotes in the SC Finals? I still think San Jose breaks out of the West this year, even if they face Detroit in the 1st round.

IDK. I'm still not sold on the Caps beating the Pens in the playoffs, although I could see basically anyone in the East making the Finals outside the Rangers and Canadiens.

Friday, March 19, 2010
Neely: Fans have reason to complain

By ESPNBoston.com

Bruins vice president Cam Neely didn't hold back Friday on WEEI's "The Big Show" when discussing the team's dismal performance Thursday night against Pittsburgh and its stagnant season in general.

"I was disappointed last night," Neely said, citing a lack of emotion by the B's in the 3-0 loss to the Penguins. It was a game in which the Bruins attempted to defend the honor of teammate Marc Savard, who was the recipient of a blindside hit by the Penguins' Matt Cooke on March 7 in Pittsburgh. Shawn Thornton took on Cooke 1:58 into the first period Thursday, landed a few punches and received a 10-minute misconduct, but the intensity ended there.

"We just didn't play with the type of passion that's expected," he said. "That's what's frustrating for me... After the two-minute mark it was business as usual, as it has been. That's what was frustrating for a lot of people and I don't blame them for being frustrated."

When asked by host Glenn Ordway what went wrong, Neely vented: "I've been trying to figure that out all year, Glenn, to be honest with you. It's been very, very disappointing just to see the way our team has performed with that lack of emotion, if you will. It's something we try to instill here. I've said this for years, I said this when I played, I said this after I played, people expect their athletes to compete and show that they care and if they don't win they're OK with that as long as they compete, show that they care and work hard. I've heard it too many times this year and I don't blame our fans for complaining they don't see that compete or passion that they want to see."

Neely went on to apparently criticize the team's veterans, saying that one aspect of this Bruins team that surprised management was the "loss of leadership and character in the locker room... We honestly didn't think it would be as big an issue as it turned out to be."

I dunno, we say that about San Jose every year and every year Joey and the gang choke.  That rookie goalie is gonna be tough for them and you know Detroit's veterans will show up in the postseason.  I see nothing different w/this SJ team than w/teams past.  But who knows, the one year I have no faith in them watch them win it all.

I can't wait to see the playoffs start and the SJ fans show their faces who are never around all season
laugh.gif

IDK. I'm still not sold on the Caps beating the Pens in the playoffs, although I could see basically anyone in the East making the Finals from the top 6.

I wouldnt have a problem with the Bruins sucking hard and showing little heart, if not for the fact that they showed it for 90+games last year. being the sucker that I am, I REALLY thought the Chara fight would at least get some blood pumping. but i guess not.

IDK. I'm still not sold on the Caps beating the Pens in the playoffs, although I could see basically anyone in the East making the Finals from the top 6.
I'm a HUGE Caps fan, and I can't say I disagree with the last statement.  Pens are the team to beat in the East.  Caps have looked good this year, but the playoffs are a different kind of beast.  Pittsburgh is a deep team, and I'm sure they will ramp it up once the postseason starts.  I'm hoping for a Caps/Pens series somewhere along the way.  There is a true hatred between the two teams, and you can't beat another Sid/Ovie matchup.  If the Caps can get past Pittsburgh, the cup prospects will start to look better an better. 

On a side note....as shaky as everyone says the Caps goaltending is, the Pens are just as bad or worse off.  MAF is one of the most overrated goalies in the NHL.  He's a carbon-copy of Jose Theodore.  If he gets hot, he can carry you for a few games...if he gets cold, well...you're looking at a guy who could give up 5 goals in 12 shots on any given night. 

Originally Posted by Son of Troy

The final minute of the game was spent chanting "You cant beat us" by 17k people. Sidney does even more whining in person. He literally spent an entire TV timeout *****ing to the refs. It got so bad that Langenbrunner went over and the meeting ended as soon as he got there. Im assuming the ref was saying "we're trying to give you the pp's but you're not scoring, you gave up two breakaways on your own powerplay, what more can we do to help you?"
That chant is going to come back and bite you guys in the **! come playoff time, mark my words. I am so tired of everyone saying Sidney whines, it's pathetic.
it's because he used to whine a lot, not as much anymore

I am a proud owner of my very first Hockey jersey ever!  
laugh.gif

I wanted a CCM 550 series or Koho, because the Semi-Pros were made well, not like the Reebok ones they have now.

Been wanting this jersey since I first saw it back in the 2000's, almost 10 years later...
smh.gif

I want the current Kings 3rd jersey but I hate the fact that the Premiere's have the tag at the bottom.  It throws off the "look" for me.

Originally Posted by Son of Troy

I was at the game like I mentioned. I specifically watched him whenever I could because he's arguably the best player in the world. I'll give credit when its due, I'd give up anyone on my team for him in a heartbeat. However, he does complain way more than necessary. Maybe he smartened up and does it during TV timeouts now, but he spent a great deal of time *****ing to the refs. Just sayin.

THANK YOU TUUKKA RASK!

on the whole tho, total 180 from the pitt game. lot more energy and intensity today.

Back
Top Bottom