Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

You know, I really don't get what all this fuss is about Tootoo's hit. I've probably watched it over 10 times now and it WASN'T a dirty hit.Was it a "hard" hit? Yes.....but that's what he's there for. I wouldn't even really say it was that severe of a "boarding" hiteither. Miller was like an inch away from the boards and Tootoo came in with a hard hit and Miller got injured because of the force. He didn't leave hisfeet, his elbows/hands were down, and it was a hard clean hit. I will say it was probably a pointless thing to do considering they were down 6-2 in the lastminutes of the game, but I mean that's what goes on in hockey. As Willie Mitchell said after the game: "One of our players hit their guys hard, andtheir guy came back at our guy". I just think the whole thing got blown out of proportion to be honest.

Zach Parise getting into his first NHL fight last night was great lol. The Devils pulled one out in overtime courtesy of Mr. Overtime Patrik Elias. Good gamefor the Devs.

edit: I just youtubed the Tootoo hit, I really don't see the problem with the hit itself. He didnt leave his feet, his elbows weren't up, it was a goodsolid hit in my opinion. The crosscheck to the face however is a different story. Things like that are what makes this game unpopular to some. It is viewed asbarbaric because of guys like Simon, Tootoo, McSorley, etc. Personally there is nothing like seeing Gomez go coast to coast weaving through defenders, orOvechkin snapping off shots with seamingly no room that score, or a big hit by a guy like Phaneuf that starts an odd man rush the other way. Tootoo had a goodhit but should have kept it at that, no need for the cross check to the face right after.

I don't think the Tootoo hit shouldv'e gotten him suspended either....it may have been a little dirty but it wasn't suspension material

I can't believe Perry was so unlucky and now is out 6 weeks...unbelievable! The ducks will still be a force just need Bobby Ryan to step up now...

Originally Posted by dhproteam31

I can't believe Perry was so unlucky and now is out 6 weeks...unbelievable! The ducks will still be a force just need Bobby Ryan to step up now...
yea thats a big loss for the Ducks

Too bad the Ducks will end up 3rd in the Pacific Division with the Sharks taking over......

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

I don't think the Tootoo hit shouldv'e gotten him suspended either....it may have been a little dirty but it wasn't suspension material

League decided not to suspend him for the cross-check the day after it happened. I do disagree with the cross-check that he laid on Bourdon, heshould've used his hands instead because that's what you do when you dish a big hit and you see someone coming after you.
Anyways, Bruins beat the Caps this afternoon 2-1. The slashing call is always a tough one to make, and I'm sure Poti was upset about thatconsidering Sturm scored the winner 40secs into the PP.

Look for the Coyotes to beat the Sens tonight
pimp.gif
......No Alfie for the Sens either!

With the Stars' loss today, hopefully the Sharks can pull off a win in Minnesota tommorow to take the 2nd seed in the west
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kicksNbeats

With the Stars' loss today, hopefully the Sharks can pull off a win in Minnesota tommorow to take the 2nd seed in the west
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dallas seems like they're losing touch with a really slack schedule, but if they don't shift it back up a notch when playoffs come around,they're gonna get tossed out the first round again

So much for a high scoring shootout. 4-2 but goals 3 and 4 with less than a minute. The Pen's should thank Backstrom, it looked like he was shooting intohis own net on purpose lol. Mike Green -3 for the game is pretty
tired.gif
.Pretty good game to watch though, I felt almost bad for Huet he played really well only to have his own guy put the puck in the net

Yeah, good win for the Pens, not quite the scoring fest I predicted. Good to see Sid get some goals

Honestly, the sharks are a good team, but in recent playoff appearances they haven't shown they have the will to win or the mental game to play a tough 7game series. Until they can show that they are clutch and can fight til the end, I don't see them in the SCF anytime soon. They have all the pieces of thepuzzle, now all they have to do is to finish it, and I don't know they can do that right now.

Plus the sharks would probably have to play my ducks, and we aren't going to let them get by us.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Devils and Shark in the finals. Devils in 6
Devils beating the Sharks in 6?
roll.gif

Sharks showed today that they can fight back and won't get down on themselves easily. Minnesota scored a fluke goal that went off 2 players to tie thegame. Marleau bats the puck out of mid-air to save a goal, and then scores the winner in a shootout. I really like this Sharks team, they've now won 9 in arow which is a franchise record. I think if they can really stay hot and go into the playoffs with momentum anything can happen. I do however like Anaheim aswell, but Perry being out for a while is going to hurt.

The Shark can't win in the playoffs pal so I was being generous with them making it to the finals. If anything it will be Devils and Ducks again. Post yourrolling laugh thing but there is more than likely no way the Sharks even make it that far.

Who says they won't win in this years playoffs "pal"?.......Best road team in the league and on a hot streak. If you can read, I never once saidI think the Sharks will make it to the Stanley Cup final. I said anything can happen if they go into the playoffs with momentum and some wins. Were you madabout my rolling laugh? Never knew little message board emotions could get under your skin so easily.

Anyways, it's my opinion when I say I don't think the Devils would beat SJ in 6, and it's yours to say they can. End of story.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

imma sharks fan and i'm going to agree with these guys ^.

Until the sharks can get through that mental block and use their size in the playoffs, i don't see them going the distance. Hope im proven wrongthough(PLEASE).
grin.gif

Big win over the Bruins today....it's a shame the Rangers allowed them to get a point though...Henrik Lundqvist recorded his 9th shutout of theseason....
pimp.gif

63785fe0b4a1b16bca5e5502e82f74fc-getty-76074159ab013_new_york_rang.jpg

The Sharks had a great shot at the cup the year before the lockout but Calgary was the hotter team and Marleau overall didn't show up in the playoffs thatyear. Game 4 in the series vs Detroit gave all the momentum to the Wings because we couldn't keep the lead with 30 something seconds left (just like today
laugh.gif
). Kudos to Hasek tho, he played great in the playoffs that year. Wouldhave loved to see a NorCal/SoCal conference finals.

Not going to say anything about the playoffs for now and when they start, we can see who's the hot team going in/during the playoffs.

Your rolling emoticon didn't get under my skin. I just wouldnt put the Sharks as a contender because they haven't been able to do much of anything asfar as playoffs go. I am a Devils fan first and a fan of the game second, I think the Devils will prevail in the East. However, I do not see the Sharks doingmuch but alas that is my opinion. The Rangers played pretty well today, well actually Lundqvist played well. He's the reason they won today.

can anyone hook up a gif of brashear giving the dude on the caps the ol one hitter quitter from yesterday's game?

the video had me cracking up on sportscenter

Back
Top Bottom