Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

the time for the sharks to finally get something done in the post-season is really narrowing down.
they've only got so much time until they have to start from scratch again.
i don't see Joe Thornton staying there his whole career even if he doesn't win a cup

Who saw what Niklas Backstrom did today?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Who saw what Niklas Backstrom did today?
smh.gif

You would've thought he was playing for the Pens. If he was attempting to clear it out, that's not the proper motion, you never punch it towards the net.

I bet he feels horrible.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=280309023
yea.... i think he was trying to just get the puck out of the crease and put it into the corner or something but he messed up...i kinda feel bad forhim

Yeah I don't know if Brian Campbell will stay in San Joser unless they are willing to pay him a fatty contract. I'll give the sharks a time frame ofaround 2-3 years before their roster starts to change. They've got Thornton, Rivet and Cheechoo locked up for 3 more years, after that they'll have tostart rebuilding if they don't resign them or sign new FA.

The NHL, New York Rangers and New York Yankees are closing in on a deal that would see an outdoor hockey game played at Yankee Stadium in 2009, reports the New York Daily News.

With the success of the Winter Classic between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Sabres this past January, the NHL has been looking into the possibility of holding more outdoor games. Since the Yankees will be moving into a new stadium in 2009, the proposed hockey game would be the final sporting event held at old Yankee Stadium.

"It's something we've spoken both to the Yankees and to the city about but it's not a done deal," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told the Daily News. "There are still other possibilities and a lot of moving pieces."

The newspaper went on to report that the New York Islanders and New Jersey Devils would not be the first choice as the Rangers opponents for the game. It is believed the league and their broadcast partner, NBC, would be looking for a team from another U.S. television market.

The newspaper went on to report that the New York Islanders and New Jersey Devils would not be the first choice as the Rangers opponents for the game. It is believed the league and their broadcast partner, NBC, would be looking for a team from another U.S. television market.

As much as my Kings suck
laugh.gif

NY vs. LA would be something to watch.... 2 big markets.
We have alot of loyal fans, more than you would believe.

Plus the team is exciting to watch, we need a goaltender but this team is young and up in coming.

sharks will run through anybody in the west in a 7 game series only team we always have trouble with is the red wings

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

As much as my Kings suck
laugh.gif

NY vs. LA would be something to watch.... 2 big markets.
We have alot of loyal fans, more than you would believe.

Plus the team is exciting to watch, we need a goaltender but this team is young and up in coming.

Agreed 100%........Staples Center crowd is never that bad compared to other teams in the league, and the Kings are the worst team too. However, in terms ofthis game at Yankee stadium I would want to keep it in the Tri-State area because that would attract a huge crowd and on TV would draw a big audience if it wasa rivalry.

Regardless of who the Rangers play, if in fact they get the outdoor game, it will be a huge success. If they play teams from Canada I think it would be evenlarger. Yankee stadium would sell out if they played any team in the league on the sole fact that it is a spectacle, something that doesnt happen all the time,etc. I'd love to see them play Detroit, the Devils, anyone basically, but for an entertainment factor, a high profile team like the Wings, Canadiens,Flames, Ducks, etc would be a good idea, at least financially.

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

The NHL, New York Rangers and New York Yankees are closing in on a deal that would see an outdoor hockey game played at Yankee Stadium in 2009, reports the New York Daily News.

With the success of the Winter Classic between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Sabres this past January, the NHL has been looking into the possibility of holding more outdoor games. Since the Yankees will be moving into a new stadium in 2009, the proposed hockey game would be the final sporting event held at old Yankee Stadium.

"It's something we've spoken both to the Yankees and to the city about but it's not a done deal," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told the Daily News. "There are still other possibilities and a lot of moving pieces."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
...wow thanks for the info...i really hope they get a deal...

If this happens i would like them to play the Chicago Blackhawks. They are an original 6 team that lost alot of fans and they are starting to bring back thefans with their new young talent. If they were to play outside with the Rangers, it would revive the franchise big time

Great win tonight for the Rangers. Don't really like the fact that we gave Buffalo a point but we still won despite horrible officiating. Did anyone elsewatch the game and see the calls that they made? Anyway, Scotty Gomez won it for NYR in the shootout to give New York atleast one point in 13 consecutivegames.
pimp.gif

capt.4a613c8642e745499e38c95e4fd52fd4.rangers_sabres_hockey_nydd106.jpg

Yea the officiating was pretty awful, but I'm glad they won tonight after yesterdays emotional win.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Yea the officiating was pretty awful, but I'm glad they won tonight after yesterdays emotional win.
The Sjostrom penalty was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. He was cross checked and pushed into Ryan Miller and he gets thepenalty....
smh.gif

^Yeah that was a really bad call
smh.gif
......Rangers win the SO and come through forme for the 2nd time in as many days
pimp.gif

Now, I just need CGY to beat STL (CGY up 4-2), and Vancouver to beat LA!
happy.gif

Btw, congrats to Iggy for becoming the Flames' all-time leading goal-scorer with 365
pimp.gif

7621105e964a55dca7514bc9c31004ce-getty-76073513cp015_calgary_flame.jpg

I'd like to see the Ducks play against the Rangers at Yankee stadium...It would give west coast hockey the opportunity to show the nation what we'vegot. Plus the Ducks are a true hockey team with all the fighting and big hitting. It would be a very entertaining game.

Originally Posted by dhproteam31

I'd like to see the Ducks play against the Rangers at Yankee stadium...It would give west coast hockey the opportunity to show the nation what we've got. Plus the Ducks are a true hockey team with all the fighting and big hitting. It would be a very entertaining game.
the Ducks Vs. Rangers would be a good matchup but i think they will choose another Original Six team.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by dhproteam31

I'd like to see the Ducks play against the Rangers at Yankee stadium...It would give west coast hockey the opportunity to show the nation what we've got. Plus the Ducks are a true hockey team with all the fighting and big hitting. It would be a very entertaining game.
the Ducks Vs. Rangers would be a good matchup but i think they will choose another Original Six team.

Maple Leafs, Canadiens, or Blackhawks would do. I would like to see either one.

Detroit is 1 win away from 100pts. The team is looking a lot better. Goaltending is good like usual butthe D getting healthy is helping so much. If Cleary canget ready in time for the playoffs, I think the offense will be set. I am very happy we got Brad Stuart. He messes up a little but his physical play will be ahuge addition in the playoffs. Same with Niklas Kronwall hopefully being healthy.

10 in a row for the Sharks
pimp.gif

If we don't win this year...
smh.gif
I don't even want to think about it.

Sharks are absolutely killing it.......Price with his 2nd career shutout against New Jersey tonight. Kid is playing very well and the team is playing well aswell, and Kovalev didn't even have a point tonight.

Sharks are absolutely killing it.......Price with his 2nd career shutout against New Jersey tonight. Kid is playing very well and the team is playing well aswell, and Kovalev didn't even have a point tonight.

Back
Top Bottom