Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

How does everyone feel about the NHL cutting down a lot of the head to head divisional games next year, and expanding it back to how it used to be a few yearsago?? I think each team will get a chance to play every team.

I like keeping the majority of the divisional games towards the end of the season.

MVP
capt.e7b34d32c58c4279b2714b7c88b38bf2.capitals_predators_hockey_tnmh111.jpg

#'s 59 & 60 tonight....
pimp.gif

hoping for that 8th spot....here's to both the Bruins & Flyers collapsing....

Rangers have to stop with these overtime/shootout games lately, can they just win a normal game during regulation? Jesus.

Canucks had a chance to take over 1st in the division tonight, they let that one slip away...

Ovechkin is a beast this season...although Malkin is a close second with what he's doin......

Col/Edmonton game was crazy......final was 7-5 Edmonton with 7 goals being scored between the 2 teams in the 3rd
pimp.gif

Edmonton just may get that 8th spot in the West
eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
.....Gotta love thistime of the year

WE'RE GETTING AT LEAST 1 POINT AGAINST MONTREAL!!!! FINALLY...

now lets get two in OT

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Kings beat another playoff contending team today at Dallas
laugh.gif

The game was fun to watch.

that game was a freakin joke, how does a defensive team with Turco in net let 3 slip in in less than 2 minutes, and its not the first time already thisseason that Dallas has lost badly to the Kings

That Calgary/Minny game was some good stuff. Liked the fights. Simon and Boogard on the same team is scary.

Red Wings slowly starting to click. Zets and Dats on the #1 line is unreal. They are dominating. It is scary that the cheap Blues are due 2 times this week.They do not like us and The Hawks were talking about how dirty they were yesterday. I really wish McCarty would play in these 2 games with Downey. We need thatmuscle because they will be gunning for Zets and Dats with their season being down the drain as usual. Draper is back but Stuart is gone for the rest of theregular season. I think this team is prime to run through the playoffs. We just need people to get healthy. We didn't do bad last year with both Schneiderand Kronwall out of the playoffs. I think we will be hanging another banner this year.

The Devils keep letting me down. They play horrible offensively. This is not news but you would think at some point of the past few years Lou would say tohimself or his staff that they need more playmakers and goal scoreres. Sure Parise has 30 but you look at a team like the Devils and there is a tremendous dropoff between the top 2 scorers and the rest of the team. ##%$+@+ Mike Green on the Caps has more goals than most of the Devils and he's a defensemen whoonly got unleashed when their coach got fired a while into the season. They need to make moves this offseason, get rid of guys like Asham and Rupp or dosomething, i like Rupp and Asham but they aren't needed. They need goals.

^Agreed......they need to get rid of that "defense" first cloud that always hangs over them. Obviously we all know about their trap and the way theDevils are known to play, but that will only take them so far. I'm not saying they need to completely abandon defense and go get 3 50-goal scorers but theyneed at least 2 top 6 forwards to go along with Elias, Parise, Gionta who are a good core to build around. I haven't looked at their salary cap and whothey have locked up long term, but in order to win some more games and put fans in the new arena they're gonna have to sign at least 2 top 6 forwars thisoff-season.

Someone said in this thread they are at or near the cap, but I doubt that. It is going up next year as well. I don't see how they are near the cap whenElias is the highest paid at about 7 mil a year. Brodeur isn't even the highest paid goalie even though he should be. Parise signed a 3 year deal for aminimal amount of money. Unless they are paying for Mogilny soon and guys like Marshall and Matvichuk that aren't even with the Devils, I don't see howthey are at or near the cap.

I just looked it up actually. Right now they have about 3.3 million left. I hate to say it but I'd break up the 3rd and 4th line guys. You look at theirdefense and the only guys I'd keep are Martin, Oduya, Vishnevski, Green, Brookbank, and Salvador. I'd let White, Rachunek, and Mottau walk. Forwardsyou keep Parise, Elias, Gionta, Langenbrunner, Zubrus, Madden, Pandolfo, Brylin, and Pelley. Let everyone else walk via trades or any other way to get them offthe books and turn that 3.3 into more. It goes even deeper, the Lowell Devils (AHL) are in last place I believe. They only have 1 player over 50 points and heonly has 51. There is one player on the Lowell Devils who is + in the plus minus field and he's Rod Pelley at +1 and he's been up with the Devils alotthis year. As a Devils fan, it doesnt look like the offense is coming anytime soon unless moves are made.

Originally Posted by south hayward

JOE THORNTON
pimp.gif
overtime just started sharks were down 3-0 in the 3rd
they lost in OT...
smh.gif

Nabokov got pulled a little too late...he didn't even look like he was alive in that game...

Another typical day for the Devils. Can't put the puck in the net equals you can't win. Its different now you can't try to sit on a one goal lead,hell they couldn't even get one goal. Im depressed as a Devils fan. As someone in fantasy hockey playoffs though and having Joe Thorton I was pleasantlysurprised when I saw a hat trick out of him considering I don't think he's done that all year.

^Yeah I believe that was Joe's first hatty of the season
pimp.gif
Sharks are now 14-0-2 intheir last 16.......I stand by my comments that they'll go far in the playoffs (hopefully!).

Big game tonight bwetween the Canucks and Av's in Denver.........Speaking about big games, it's too bad the Leafs couldn't pull out the W lastnight, if they had we would've been 2 back of Boston for that last playoff spot. I've now officially given up on them
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I swear to god, being a Devils fan right now makes me want to commit suicide. The only bright side is I know the Rangers won't win in the playoffs either.I just have so much disgust towards to Devils right now and I've been a life long fan.

^I guess you're not too happy with that Dawes goal then huh? lol..........I just knew when the refs missed that too many men call against the Devils thatsomething good would happen for the Rangers. This will be a big win for NYR if they can hang on for the last 1:40 here.

Yeah not so much with that goal. Its the things like that that bother me with the Devils lately. Like stupid little mistakes that happen and they lose. I justdon't get how a team that is the NHL today can't put the fcking puck in the net. Zach Parise has like 60 points total. Ovechkin has 60 f'ing goals.They need scoring so bad. Im done Im getting more and more depressed lol.

Back
Top Bottom