OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

Word. Team Ewing did everything perfect to the tee as far as execution, price point, packaging,and production numbers. Nike, you excel at all other aspects of the sneaker industry eXcept accurate retro releases. It's a shame an independant shoe company ressurects itself and spanks you with less than a 1/4 th of your budget. Disgusting.

1/4???

Nike is a Fortune 500 company - hell it's a fortune 200 company. To compare their budget with that of Ewing Atheltics, you'd need to use scientific notation.

1/4???
Nike is a Fortune 500 company - hell it's a fortune 200 company. To compare their budget with that of Ewing Atheltics, you'd need to use scientific notation.

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Anyway, the photo blue colorway also looks really nice. Very much the same shade of blue as the photo blue from the Kobe V Miles Davis model - really pops.

I think I will get most of these - Phoenix, GITD, Photo blue, Wolf Grey.

Last edited:
Is it true that Nike can't do the pump because of the patent reebok has? Or would it be a very high price point now?

This shoe is in my top 3 of all time and I would have paid a GOOD amount if executed properly. Wouldn't drop $40 on this stripped down version. :x

Anyone who already has a pair care to comment on sizing? Do they run big or snug? Comparable to anything we already have?

^ Dope pic up there of The Admiral.
I picked up a pair of Emeralds today.
It needs to be pointed out that Nike at least have changed the name of this shoe to "New Air Force 180 Mid".
How did you already get a pair of Emeralds?

Is it true that Nike can't do the pump because of the patent reebok has? Or would it be a very high price point now?
This shoe is in my top 3 of all time and I would have paid a GOOD amount if executed properly. Wouldn't drop $40 on this stripped down version. :x

I didn't buy the Reebok Pump patent thing originally and I DEFINITELY don't buy it now. HERES WHY:

FACTS:

1.) Nike slapped Adidas with a temporary injunction on their PRIMEKNIT RUNNING SHOE claiming it infringed on their intellectual property i.e. the FLYKNIT.

2.) Adidas had that injunction lifted and stated "on Wednesday it had filed for cancellation of the Nike patent, arguing the technology involved in making the shoe's upper from fused yarn has been around since the 1940s." (read the article here http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/24/us-adidas-primeknit-ruling-idUSBRE89N14820121024

Now if thats the case and the courts obviously sided with Adidas then there should be NOOOOOOOO PROBLEM using a pump in a basketball shoe by Nike and here is why:
http://www.defynewyork.com/2012/01/...was-the-fillmore-moore-pneumatic-insole-1893/

The Pump technology goes back to 1893, a man named Fillmore Moore built the technology. Here is the patent

So since Adidas was able to defend themselves on that basis Nike would be fine using a pump in their shoe since the technology has been around for over 100 years.

Here's another pump shoe that pre dated Reebok

But I think the bigger thing is if a small brand like Ewing Athletics can send the original shoe out to the factories and say make our retro's exactly like this why can't an industry powerhouse like Nike not be able to do the same? We didn't even need a functional pump but just keep the exact look of the shoe. After seeing what they did with the trainer sc ii I know they are capable of much better than this B.S. shoe

Last edited:
nike knows hese will sell so why not release them this way and then later release some in true G form, throw a "limited" tag on them and make more money? By that tme they will retail for220 anyways so its more money in their pockets.

trethousandgt- 1893 though?!! :smokin
That info and links are greatly appreciated. Almost makes it more frustrating knowing that Nike could do it if they wanted. oh well....
I still hope that these will drop and then down the line Nike will do them the right way.

I think Nike is saving the Pump for when they decide to do the Command Forces...

If they were to ever retro them, their main selling point would be as the "Billy Hoyle's" and if that were the case, they'd retro them in the original format.

Nike's incentive for this Force 180 "Mid" was not to make an exact form of a slightly obscure and forgotten version of the shoe, but to combat the Ewings on the "early nineties basketball retro" look. And that could be done without the Pump

Last edited:
Anyone who already has a pair care to comment on sizing? Do they run big or snug? Comparable to anything we already have?

I got my true size and it's fine. I have a wide foot too.

They fit and feel like 180 lows.

Here's another pump shoe that pre dated Reebok
But I think the bigger thing is if a small brand like Ewing Athletics can send the original shoe out to the factories and say make our retro's exactly like this why can't an industry powerhouse like Nike not be able to do the same? We didn't even need a functional pump but just keep the exact look of the shoe. After seeing what they did with the trainer sc ii I know they are capable of much better than this B.S. shoe

My dude, thank you for sharing all the knowledge but you have to understand that Nike can release half-assed retros because they can. Ewing Athletics on the other hand cannot afford to release subpar products as they don't have the brand clout or stranglehold on the market that Nike does.

Has any1 seen the grey and glow in the dark 1s that drop tomorrow at there local FTL, FA, or Champs???.....will these be available in any of those stores??.....i been calling but no1 knows about them!!!...thanks

These just came in the mail and I'm about to wear the %$#@ out of them!

Id say the designers of this "retro" are the ones with the OGs listed on ebay for thousands of dollars :rolleyes

I hate when nike retro dep fks with the classics like this - they did the same a couple of yrs back with the zoom spiridon bringing out that terrible zoom "don" :smh:

Leather on these looks AMAZING.
looks to be a very high quality!!
now im really stoked. shape looks alot better in these pics too.
these pics sold me on 2 pears now!
:wiggle:

p.s. looks like some jordan 6 motorsports leather, and we know how good that stuff was.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom