OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

Did someone say MS leather?
nerd.gif

Highly doubt these will be in demand in my area.  Scoop 'em for the low.

I need to see the emeralds in person, some pics they look very horrible and some pics they look glorious. This pic from eBay has me wanting them badly.

Last edited:
im thinking these will go on sale, they are super nice but for retail i dont think its worth it.

idk how u guys r saying these r gonna hit sales racks...these are honestly just as good as any shoe dropping in the next 2 months and all of those will sell out instantly

idk how u guys r saying these r gonna hit sales racks...these are honestly just as good as any shoe dropping in the next 2 months and all of those will sell out instantly

Not even close.

Perhaps the Emeralds won't hit outlets, but the rest will. Or will at least hit outlet prices in retail locations.

I think Nike is saving the Pump for when they decide to do the Command Forces...
If they were to ever retro them, their main selling point would be as the "Billy Hoyle's" and if that were the case, they'd retro them in the original format.
Nike's incentive for this Force 180 "Mid" was not to make an exact form of a slightly obscure and forgotten version of the shoe, but to combat the Ewings on the "early nineties basketball retro" look. And that could be done without the Pump

that makes no sense. nike has a ton of bball shoes from the 90's they could have released that would take a dump on the ewings. there was no reason to butcher this classic...

how about releasing the air force v instead?

Nike doesn't always make the soundest decisions, but that's what I read somewhere when I posted that. They could've picked up on the desire for these shoes, thought of the Ewings, figured they're from the early-nineties, then made the inexplicable decision to cut the Pump off. Or they got lazy since they just dropped a few 180 Mid's and wanted to go with the Highs... just not how they're meant to be.

I don't think it made sense in any situation for them to bring back this shoe in butchered form. Whatever their motiviation for bringing these out, they could've easily gone with the Air Force V like you said, rather than butcher this one.

Last edited:

They might be a good looking shoe but they're not the type that gets the casual fan going, even if Nike tries to generate hype. Even classics like the infrared and citron SCII's hit some outlets

Saw a kid wearing these in an old picture in a cooking book in one of my classes. Still looked so nice. Wish they would keep that same cut.

Nike doesn't always make the soundest decisions, but that's what I read somewhere when I posted that. They could've picked up on the desire for these shoes, thought of the Ewings, figured they're from the early-nineties, then made the inexplicable decision to cut the Pump off. Or they got lazy since they just dropped a few 180 Mid's and wanted to go with the Highs... just not how they're meant to be.
I don't think it made sense in any situation for them to bring back this shoe in butchered form. Whatever their motiviation for bringing these out, they could've easily gone with the Air Force V like you said, rather than butcher this one.

I know that every time Nike makes something in limited quantities, the peanut gallery calls them out as catering to the hypebeast, but the truth is that for certain shoes a limited run is a wise decision. Certain shoes have cult followings, but aren't really mainstream breakthrough candidates. Virtually anything high from the early 90s line falls into this category, as do older trainer models.

The Ewings are doing well, but part of that is because their limited nature, while bringing out the hypebeasts, also more accurately approximates their true market. ...Release Ewings as widely as, I dunno, DT 2s, and they'd wind up being marked down too.

And, BTW, if they wanted to really "compete" with the Ewings, they could start by trying to emulate the materials used.

It's definitely a wise decision to release a shoe like the 180's in limited quantities because they're a cult shoe. But I think they at least they tried to spin it for the hypebeast/lifestyle crowd with the GITD pair.

I don't really believe they made these simply for the cult followers, otherwise they would've done it with the pump.

It's a good looking shoe still. I'm just wondering their motivation for them releasing these like this. If they wanted to do something for the cult followers, then they would've released the Command Forces with the pumps (or at least these with the pumps). IMO.

Back
Top Bottom