OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

these were a flop...

As of tomorrow several outlets currently have them priced at $59-$79 with Black Friday sales of 20% which means $47 on the low side...

For a shoe that retailed at $200 that's crazy...

Just to put it in a dollars comparison...Foams retail for $200+....although many hit the outlets you never really find them for less then $125-$100

Yes...you can catch a hash sale for one or two pairs but there are currently FSR's of the commands sitting and waiting which means $47 might not be the bottom....

I don't want to get in to why this happened...but it happened....I'm still very much copping pairs cause I love them and I'm nostalgic on kicks that I remembered having in 8th grade...

But make no mistake these were a flop...
yeah I would call it a flop, other 200$ retail shoes, like lebrons for example, never get as low as the command forces did.. you can just tell that these Cf's didn't sell well at all.. I thought they would be more popular and sell well in the beginning
The sad thing is, even at that price Nike is making money.
yup, how much would you reckon it costs to make a pair? 10-15$?

Flop or not , as long as you can cop them for the low everyone who wants the shoe wins.
Concerns for the flop are that it may affect Nike's decisions on re-issuing other worthy hoops shoes from that era.

For example, I, for one, have been waiting for the 1989 Air Force STS (aka Air Force IV), another chunky high-cut hitop shoe that the Admiral wore.

I'm surprised that these sneakers flopped so hard. Or, if you prefer, that the sale prices have gone so low. I expect Nike to have a much better knowledge-of-the-street to determine production numbers more tightly. And if they really had no idea, then I thought they would have started with smaller numbers. That's why I bought the first colorway so quickly after release.

But I guess there's so much lag time between orders to the factory and delivery, that Nike can't adjust numbers for the later colorways based on how the first colorway performed.

Flop or not , as long as you can cop them for the low everyone who wants the shoe wins.

I think these were more of a flop for retailers than Nike. It definitely hurts the chances of other shoes like this re-issuing in the future if retailers are scared to order but it doesn't totally kill the chances. Still, if Nike can do something about the retail price of these retro's then there's definitely hope. With that said, when the dust settles on the commands and they aren't easy to find anymore I'd be willing to bet the prices on these will climb well over retail

Last edited:
...when the dust settles on the commands and they aren't easy to find anymore I'd be willing to bet the prices on these will climb well over retail
I think this will be the case. How long that takes will be interesting to see. I have some extra pairs sitting around just for this circumstance.

I think this will be the case. How long that takes will be interesting to see. I have some extra pairs sitting around just for this circumstance.
seems like many have stocked up double, triple, or more pairs of these for the same reason. 
I think these were more of a flop for retailers than Nike. It definitely hurts the chances of other shoes like this re-issuing in the future if retailers are scared to order but it doesn't totally kill the chances. Still, if Nike can do something about the retail price of these retro's then there's definitely hope. With that said, when the dust settles on the commands and they aren't easy to find anymore I'd be willing to bet the prices on these will climb well over retail
how soon do you see this happening though?

Love that the price dropped on these so drastically, got mine for $90 bucks and I'm definitely not mad at saving $110. I wanted a pair right when they came out but there was so little hype that I figured I'd wait for the sales. Half size up did end up being a bit snug but it broke in fine after a few hours. 

anywhere else still got the ultramarines or the emeralds for the low?
check the outlet threads for the last couple of months, if you tweet nike or talk to a rep they may be able to help you track down a pair. I got a pair of ultraminess at the aurora outlet a few months back for $50 

So, I'm returning my spurs colorway to Nike this upcoming week. I've already filed my claim. Is it common that the air pump doesn't work on some peoples air command force? I really like the shoe, but a $200 shoe(Didn't pay that price), you would think the selling point of the shoe would be functional. It's the left air pump that doesn't work, by the way.

Last edited:
So, I'm returning my spurs colorway to Nike this upcoming week. I've already filed my claim. Is it common that the air pump doesn't work on some peoples air command force? I really like the shoe, but a $200 shoe(Didn't pay that price), you would think the selling point of the shoe would be functional. It's the left air pump that doesn't work, by the way.
There have been a few guys in here saying the same, but there are also a few different spots to apply pressure on the pump and some of them got them to work. I have 5 CW's and they all work fine. I press up close to the intake hole towards the front and grasp the lining with my thumb and pump with my index and middle. Each color responds differently (5 pumps or 10 pumps ) but they all inflate. Do you have them on when inflating?

There have been a few guys in here saying the same, but there are also a few different spots to apply pressure on the pump and some of them got them to work. I have 5 CW's and they all work fine. I press up close to the intake hole towards the front and grasp the lining with my thumb and pump with my index and middle. Each color responds differently (5 pumps or 10 pumps ) but they all inflate. Do you have them on when inflating?
Yeah, I tie them up to the top lace loop. When I pump them, it appears that it could be a air leak in the pump bladder. Because when I pump them up, the ankle area doesn't get the snug fit in the area compared to the right shoe that pumps up perfectly. I hope that's a legitimate way to return them back.

Yeah, I tie them up to the top lace loop. When I pump them, it appears that it could be a air leak in the pump bladder. Because when I pump them up, the ankle area doesn't get the snug fit in the area compared to the right shoe that pumps up perfectly. I hope that's a legitimate way to return them back.

I've only used the return voucher system once, but if they test it and find there is a leak/defect you should be good. Especially if you're lacing all the way up.

Since the Maroons 6's finally Retroed with OG "Nike Air" Branding,  

What are Some Vintage 90's Nike Basketball Sneakers You guys Hope Nike can Bring back?

(Post sum pics)
grin.gif

I want the Kiwi ATC IV since the IVs are coming back next year. I also want some Air Force STS and Air Force V. Maybe the VI will come back next year as well

So, my nike claim was approved for the air leak of the "Spurs" Command Force, so I should get a $200 Voucher within the next week. I'll just save it for "The Master" 12's in Feb..

Back
Top Bottom