Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

1613424507921.png

I think I know why this is happening.
You now have 3 generations of sneaker heads as oppose to 2.

It used to be just the younger part of generation x and millennials that were the bulk of sneakerheads from late 90’s to mid 2010’s, with very few of us “retiring”. Now add a whole new generation of sneakerheads in generation Z. It’s only going to get a lot worse.

By default, we got a lot more competition now, unless millennials and gen x start retiring, which doesn’t seem to be happening anytime soon.

I don't know if I'll be willing to pay resale on every worthwhile release Nike has.

Didn't try for these, but would love a pair to wear down the line.

I think I know why this is happening.
You now have 3 generations of sneaker heads as oppose to 2.

It used to be just the younger part of generation x and millennials that were the bulk of sneakerheads from late 90’s to mid 2010’s, with very few of us “retiring”. Now add a whole new generation of sneakerheads in generation Z. It’s only going to get a lot worse.

By default, we got a lot more competition now, unless millennials and gen x start retiring, which doesn’t seem to be happening anytime soon.

The competition comes from it’s just too easy for anyway to resell now. Literally a click of a button to try and make a couple hundred on a hyped release. You have nothing to lose literally. You have so many more people manually trying nowadays and even more botters. Topped with people desperate for money cause of covid. Something needs to change. It’s straight scalping now.

What a release day..this was terrible from the start at 8am..

I end up going to my local footlocker(my boy is one of the managers)and when I arrive at 10am there’s a line of about 8 people so I think oh man I may not get my size 😩..

I keep waiting and trying online..no dice online so I’m praying my store has my size..doors open and people are getting their pairs with no issue and dudes are getting leftover carmines too..I get up to the front and my boy told me he put one aside for me 🔥🔥🔥I was so thankful!

A7BA2DCA-ECBA-44FB-BEB1-C767B271ACC0.jpeg
F55D2572-CC98-48C3-B109-982DEE73E8D4.jpeg
84254D5A-FEEC-46DE-BB61-1E66F31D0FA1.jpeg

They’re pretty much the same as I remember..super hype about these :nthat:

C1CBDFD9-8863-488A-BDE4-B53D9F80D09A.jpeg

I was glad to get lucky at shoe palace.
in the bay, the Livermore outlet was raffling these yesterday. I was there and the worker didn’t even know they were taking raffles (I saw the sign). One of the workers said, don’t worry you’ll win em because I think they didn’t even get any raffles really. Good thing though because I struck out on SNKRS and foot sites.
I can’t believe these are getting snatched up by resellers. Years ago these woulda been sitting

Pics are looking good! How's the comfort? I had read that previous versions were quite brutal on the feet, but that these might be more better, comments?

The competition comes from it’s just too easy for anyway to resell now. Literally a click of a button to try and make a couple hundred on a hyped release. You have nothing to lose literally. You have so many more people manually trying nowadays and even more botters. Topped with people desperate for money cause of covid. Something needs to change. It’s straight scalping now.
Yea, but we’ve always had resellers. Only thing that’s changed are the amount of people getting into sneakers. I’m competing with my nephews and little cousins now. For a long time it was just me, my brother, and maybe 2 of my cousins that were copping sneakers in my family. Now every one of my family members below the age of 21 is into sneakers. It’s going to get worse.

Decided if they don’t pop up anywhere in the next 2 weeks, I’m gone go the resale route 🤦🏽‍♂️. I kno I’m part of the problem but ................. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom