OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Beasted is exactly what you want. $600-$1200 for a $215 MSRP pair of shoes is beasted.. Not 15,000 people getting exactly what they want in GR Footlocker fashion. But I digress.
---
spotted this online
http://www.firstshowing.n...-part-ii-become-reality/
Apparently some of the shoes will be sold at the official announcement event tomorrow to benefit Michael J. Fox's charity, but beyond that we won't know just how many of these shoes will be on sale or when they'll hit shelves. Considering just how many shoes are seen in that commercial above, I'd say this isn't going to be an item just for the super rich collector. We'll update this post after the official announcement takes place tomorrow morning, so stay tuned. Of course, producer Frank Marshall already sees the issue that will come from this news when he says, "Going to need a lot of hover boards." So who wants to make that happen?

-----------------
Legit source? I have no idea.. Just something to think about.. The average consumer will search around and may see that they are limited, and just laugh it off. And laugh off Nike as a whole for these tactics.. I dont know if some of you can see it, but it's really quite laughable what we all go through

so true, so true Wally.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Beasted is exactly what you want. $600-$1200 for a $215 MSRP pair of shoes is beasted.. Not 15,000 people getting exactly what they want in GR Footlocker fashion. But I digress.
---
spotted this online
http://www.firstshowing.n...-part-ii-become-reality/
Apparently some of the shoes will be sold at the official announcement event tomorrow to benefit Michael J. Fox's charity, but beyond that we won't know just how many of these shoes will be on sale or when they'll hit shelves. Considering just how many shoes are seen in that commercial above, I'd say this isn't going to be an item just for the super rich collector. We'll update this post after the official announcement takes place tomorrow morning, so stay tuned. Of course, producer Frank Marshall already sees the issue that will come from this news when he says, "Going to need a lot of hover boards." So who wants to make that happen?

-----------------
Legit source? I have no idea.. Just something to think about.. The average consumer will search around and may see that they are limited, and just laugh it off. And laugh off Nike as a whole for these tactics.. I dont know if some of you can see it, but it's really quite laughable what we all go through

so true, so true Wally.

has it even been confirmed that the shoes in the video are legit? that could easily be put together in a day.

has it even been confirmed that the shoes in the video are legit? that could easily be put together in a day.

The year: 1989. The movie: "Back to The Future II." The thing everyone wanted: the cool sneakers that laced up automatically worn by Marty McFly (a.k.a. Michael J. Fox). Believe it or not, those shoes might be coming to a Nike Store near you. Last night, "Back to The Future" producer Frank Marshall cryptically tweeted, "Going to need a lot of hoverboards." He then linked to a YouTube video posted by Nike called McFly's Closet (you have to check it out). The video shows shelves upon shelves of unreleased Nike Air Mags, which bear a striking resemblance to Marty McFly's famed shoes. (Nike patented technology for an automatic lacing system last year.) The shoemaker added to the hype late last night by handing out gift bags of metal shield glasses, a Pepsi bottle from 1985, and a copy of "Back to The Future" at an invite-only event in Los Angeles. Social media are now in a tizzy over the rumored shoes. On Twitter, "Back to The Future" started trending worldwide overnight. NBA star Kevin Durant even tweeted, "I need some new shoes. Any recommendations? Think, McFly, think!"

Someone already posted the link put i wanted to paste it on NT. Even KD hyped
laugh.gif

The year: 1989. The movie: "Back to The Future II." The thing everyone wanted: the cool sneakers that laced up automatically worn by Marty McFly (a.k.a. Michael J. Fox). Believe it or not, those shoes might be coming to a Nike Store near you. Last night, "Back to The Future" producer Frank Marshall cryptically tweeted, "Going to need a lot of hoverboards." He then linked to a YouTube video posted by Nike called McFly's Closet (you have to check it out). The video shows shelves upon shelves of unreleased Nike Air Mags, which bear a striking resemblance to Marty McFly's famed shoes. (Nike patented technology for an automatic lacing system last year.) The shoemaker added to the hype late last night by handing out gift bags of metal shield glasses, a Pepsi bottle from 1985, and a copy of "Back to The Future" at an invite-only event in Los Angeles. Social media are now in a tizzy over the rumored shoes. On Twitter, "Back to The Future" started trending worldwide overnight. NBA star Kevin Durant even tweeted, "I need some new shoes. Any recommendations? Think, McFly, think!"

Someone already posted the link put i wanted to paste it on NT. Even KD hyped
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sho3tym

Originally Posted by SinnerP

I'm as excited as any other child-of-the-80's who grew up watching the BTTF movies and wanting those as a kid. I remember wanting other high-tops back then (like the Air Pressure, Air Command Force, Air Force V High, etc) cuz they vaguely resembled them...

Having said that, given how it looks like Nike will be handling this release (limited this, limited that), I've accepted that I will not be able to get these... 
ohwell.gif
Agreed.

laugh.gif

Hearts broken

Originally Posted by sho3tym

Originally Posted by SinnerP

I'm as excited as any other child-of-the-80's who grew up watching the BTTF movies and wanting those as a kid. I remember wanting other high-tops back then (like the Air Pressure, Air Command Force, Air Force V High, etc) cuz they vaguely resembled them...

Having said that, given how it looks like Nike will be handling this release (limited this, limited that), I've accepted that I will not be able to get these... 
ohwell.gif
Agreed.

laugh.gif

Hearts broken

My highest bid will be $2000. I will bid on every sz. 10 until I acutally win one at that price. Anything more and I dont need them at all.

My highest bid will be $2000. I will bid on every sz. 10 until I acutally win one at that price. Anything more and I dont need them at all.

http://thehundreds.com/blog/2011/09/08/88-mph/
September 8, 2011
[h2]88 MPH.[/h2]
Well it’s not quite 2015, but I guess we’re close enough.

So this is what’s going on.  About a year ago, Dime exposed that Nike had filed the patent for a self-lacing system on a sneaker silhouette that looked strikingly similar to Marty McFly’s shoe in Back to the Future II.  Since then, there has been speculation that Nike is working on actually creating and producing the mythical shoe, and that all came to a head over the past few weeks as media and luminaries alike have been flown into Los Angeles for a top-secret special event, hosted by Nike designer Tinker Hatfield.

I got the phone call from Nike a few weeks ago.  Would I be available for a couple days at the start of September?  And if so, a private car would be driving me back and forth, there wouldn’t be any other information made available, but trust, this was right up my alley.  I could potentially blog, but there really wasn’t any information beyond that… Okay sure why not, right?

At the same time, a separate agency was requesting usage of my DeLorean for the same date, and also for an exclusive Nike event. Got me wondering…as well as some of my friends. Jensen was over at my house on Labor Day and he was the one to point it out.  This had to all be for the Back to the Future II shoe.  Right??

I was driven to the W Hotel in Hollywood at midnight tonight. I showed up and 2 dudes greeted me at the front steps by name, showed me to my room, where I found this.  Looks like we were right on the money.  The BTTF DVD set (as if I didn’t have it on Blu-Ray already), the Pepsi bottle as an homage to the Ronald Reagan/Max Headroom scene in BTTF II, and ’80s-era candy.

thehundreds5140.jpg
Then this.  An iPod where Christopher Lloyd’s character Doc Brown tells me that over the next 24 hours, “I’m about to see a lotta cool %*!+!

http://thehundreds.com/blog/2011/09/08/88-mph/
September 8, 2011
[h2]88 MPH.[/h2]
Well it’s not quite 2015, but I guess we’re close enough.

So this is what’s going on.  About a year ago, Dime exposed that Nike had filed the patent for a self-lacing system on a sneaker silhouette that looked strikingly similar to Marty McFly’s shoe in Back to the Future II.  Since then, there has been speculation that Nike is working on actually creating and producing the mythical shoe, and that all came to a head over the past few weeks as media and luminaries alike have been flown into Los Angeles for a top-secret special event, hosted by Nike designer Tinker Hatfield.

I got the phone call from Nike a few weeks ago.  Would I be available for a couple days at the start of September?  And if so, a private car would be driving me back and forth, there wouldn’t be any other information made available, but trust, this was right up my alley.  I could potentially blog, but there really wasn’t any information beyond that… Okay sure why not, right?

At the same time, a separate agency was requesting usage of my DeLorean for the same date, and also for an exclusive Nike event. Got me wondering…as well as some of my friends. Jensen was over at my house on Labor Day and he was the one to point it out.  This had to all be for the Back to the Future II shoe.  Right??

I was driven to the W Hotel in Hollywood at midnight tonight. I showed up and 2 dudes greeted me at the front steps by name, showed me to my room, where I found this.  Looks like we were right on the money.  The BTTF DVD set (as if I didn’t have it on Blu-Ray already), the Pepsi bottle as an homage to the Ronald Reagan/Max Headroom scene in BTTF II, and ’80s-era candy.

thehundreds5140.jpg
Then this.  An iPod where Christopher Lloyd’s character Doc Brown tells me that over the next 24 hours, “I’m about to see a lotta cool %*!+!

If the info about 1500 pairs over 10 days via eBay to benefit the Michael J Fox Foundation is true, these are gonna hit insane prices. You not only have sneakerheads but now there will be celebs, BTFF fans, charity supporters, etc that will be in on these.

I'm okay with it only because the money will be going to charity. I think that's a great idea. Unfortunate for most of us who wouldn't be willing to spend the kind of money that these will likely hit but I'd much rather see that than $500 retail price and a competition of who can camp out the longest and then resell on eBay.

If the info about 1500 pairs over 10 days via eBay to benefit the Michael J Fox Foundation is true, these are gonna hit insane prices. You not only have sneakerheads but now there will be celebs, BTFF fans, charity supporters, etc that will be in on these.

I'm okay with it only because the money will be going to charity. I think that's a great idea. Unfortunate for most of us who wouldn't be willing to spend the kind of money that these will likely hit but I'd much rather see that than $500 retail price and a competition of who can camp out the longest and then resell on eBay.

its going to a good cause, shoes are dope, but..

paying 1-2 stacks for a pair of kicks? Come me out bruh...

its going to a good cause, shoes are dope, but..

paying 1-2 stacks for a pair of kicks? Come me out bruh...

Ridiculous if it's that limited. If true, this is why Apple is looked at in such high regards and why Nike is "just another company" these days. Apple makes eye-opening products that everyone can access. This would be an eye-opening product that few can access.

Ridiculous if it's that limited. If true, this is why Apple is looked at in such high regards and why Nike is "just another company" these days. Apple makes eye-opening products that everyone can access. This would be an eye-opening product that few can access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom