OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was super excited about these this morning...then I learned about the ebay thing. After that I came to grips with the fact that I'd take an L but still was excited to see the shoe and it's features. If it's true that there's no powerlace system, what's the point? #CmonNike

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Random thoughts:

-F___ buying a new car...

-Kanye Will buy every size 12 and turn them into sandles for the "N____s in Paris" music video...

-Final bids on eBay = 10-30K...

-Hi-jacking fedex trucks = #PRICELE$$

-I want to be a Billionaire so f______ bad... (Bruno Mars voice)
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Debating these. I would strictly fund them by selling off other shoes. I need to see just how high eBay prices get.

with only 1500, this shoe is well worth it....think about it, only 1499 other people will have them and they are wanted by so many people....in other words, if you needed the money later on in life, you could easily sell them for 1000+.....OGs went for 8k in 03 and a worse condition pair went for 12k-15k in 2010, there is definitely demand......people shouldn't be complaining about the prices, it's just simple supply and demand in action.....and I'm not that surprised with there being no auto lacing either, it's just Nike being Nike, absolutely nothing new there.
HAHHA at people getting mad and passing once they found out that the shoes are not coming with auto lacing, what did you expect, it's Nike we're talking about. Sure I'd love to see them auto lacing, but that's not the reason why I want them.

But yall seriously cant be excited to wear these ???

Unless they have a lot of money to the pint that it doesn't matter, they'd be kind of crazy to wear these, since they'll be so valuable and the person would just be throwing away potential profit. but I'm sure there will be quite a few people who will rock them.

imo these are a collectable, not really a shoe to be worn. I'm glad the money is going to good cause and not to nike

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Debating these. I would strictly fund them by selling off other shoes. I need to see just how high eBay prices get.

with only 1500, this shoe is well worth it....think about it, only 1499 other people will have them and they are wanted by so many people....in other words, if you needed the money later on in life, you could easily sell them for 1000+.....OGs went for 8k in 03 and a worse condition pair went for 12k-15k in 2010, there is definitely demand......people shouldn't be complaining about the prices, it's just simple supply and demand in action.....and I'm not that surprised with there being no auto lacing either, it's just Nike being Nike, absolutely nothing new there.
HAHHA at people getting mad and passing once they found out that the shoes are not coming with auto lacing, what did you expect, it's Nike we're talking about. Sure I'd love to see them auto lacing, but that's not the reason why I want them.

But yall seriously cant be excited to wear these ???

Unless they have a lot of money to the pint that it doesn't matter, they'd be kind of crazy to wear these, since they'll be so valuable and the person would just be throwing away potential profit. but I'm sure there will be quite a few people who will rock them.

imo these are a collectable, not really a shoe to be worn. I'm glad the money is going to good cause and not to nike

Random thoughts:

-F___ buying a new car...

-Kanye Will buy every size 12 and turn them into sandles for the "N____s in Paris" music video...

-Final bids on eBay = 10-30K...

-Hi-jacking fedex trucks = #PRICELE$$

-I want to be a Billionaire so f______ bad... (Bruno Mars voice)
roll.gif

Originally Posted by VAHustler

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

No way all 1500 pairs sell @ more than 2k a piece.

the way some collectors and rich people spend money....... I wouldn't be surprised. Somewhere there are People that will buy 10+ pairs just to resell again.
frown.gif
 I hope your wrong.

Does kanye really wear a size 12?

the way some collectors and rich people spend money....... I wouldn't be surprised. Somewhere there are People that will buy 10+ pairs just to resell again.
frown.gif
 I hope your wrong.

I love Back To The Future and have watched it a million times but these things are just too ugly. I still want to see one in the flesh though but I feel like that is never going to happen.

Props on Nike for actually getting this done and I hope Michael J. Fox actually gets a pair.

I love Back To The Future and have watched it a million times but these things are just too ugly. I still want to see one in the flesh though but I feel like that is never going to happen.

Props on Nike for actually getting this done and I hope Michael J. Fox actually gets a pair.

I understand the history behind these.. But yall seriously cant be excited to wear these ??? 
alien.gif

I understand the history behind these.. But yall seriously cant be excited to wear these ??? 
alien.gif

yesterday when I heard this was releasing I was
eek.gif

woke up this morning and looked at the shoe again and was like
grin.gif

saw the price tag and was like
indifferent.gif

kool concept but I dont love back to the furture that much
laugh.gif

yesterday when I heard this was releasing I was
eek.gif

woke up this morning and looked at the shoe again and was like
grin.gif

saw the price tag and was like
indifferent.gif

kool concept but I dont love back to the furture that much
laugh.gif

Just got back to my hotel room from spending the day on the Universal backlot with 25 cultural purveyors (including HF, Fraser, Eddie Cruz, Eugene from Hypebeast, Edison Chen, Jeff from HighSnobiety, Patta, Crooked Tongues, Matt from Nice Kicks, etc.)
Nike really went all out for this - I commend them.

The shoes do NOT auto-lace. In Mark Parker's words "It's not 2015 yet." 
grin.gif
glasses.gif

As to why 2011 and not wait til 2015, I think there IS a sense of urgency here - with Michael J Fox and Parkinson's.. why wait? Let's take action NOW.

I'm working on my photos and storytelling and will probably have a fresh blog up for you guys on thehundreds.com in a couple hours.

Hope everyone's enjoying this as much as I am

frown.gif
 I hope your wrong.

I don't see them going for any less than 1000.

Just got back to my hotel room from spending the day on the Universal backlot with 25 cultural purveyors (including HF, Fraser, Eddie Cruz, Eugene from Hypebeast, Edison Chen, Jeff from HighSnobiety, Patta, Crooked Tongues, Matt from Nice Kicks, etc.)
Nike really went all out for this - I commend them.

The shoes do NOT auto-lace. In Mark Parker's words "It's not 2015 yet." 
grin.gif
glasses.gif

As to why 2011 and not wait til 2015, I think there IS a sense of urgency here - with Michael J Fox and Parkinson's.. why wait? Let's take action NOW.

I'm working on my photos and storytelling and will probably have a fresh blog up for you guys on thehundreds.com in a couple hours.

Hope everyone's enjoying this as much as I am

frown.gif
 I hope your wrong.

I don't see them going for any less than 1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom