OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Yo Bobby. Not to spoil your blog post or maybe you can just post the answer on your blog but how do the lights actually work? Are they like LA Gears or is there some sort of switch to turn them on? Man dude.....hopefully Nike at least gave all you a pair.
How stupid am I gonna look if I said I don't remember? I was half-listening at that point because I was so caught up with the shoe. !!! I'm sure some of the other guys were paying better attention. You don't understand, I'm in a half-mental state right now.
Nike has NOT given us a pair. I don't expect it either. (Although it would awesome)

I was fortunate enough to eat a 1-on-1 lunch with Mark Parker. He is a great man, he shared me his stories with Michael J. Fox as well, and how much this project means to Fox.  I couldn't stop emphasizing to Mark how amazing of a life he has to do work like this. Dude was one of those idols who turns out to be a genuinely kind person.

Michael J. Fox is appearing on Letterman tonight. He displays a pair and reveals the website auction page (though it's not up yet). 

Michael J. Fox is appearing on Letterman tonight. He displays a pair and reveals the website auction page (though it's not up yet). 

im not even mad with the way they are handling this whole release

it sucks most of us wont have a chance to cop but it's only right contributions go to Michael J Fox's Foundation
pimp.gif

i'll be on the sidelines enjoying the view

im not even mad with the way they are handling this whole release

it sucks most of us wont have a chance to cop but it's only right contributions go to Michael J Fox's Foundation
pimp.gif

i'll be on the sidelines enjoying the view

Originally Posted by bobbytripledigits

Yo Bobby. Not to spoil your blog post or maybe you can just post the answer on your blog but how do the lights actually work? Are they like LA Gears or is there some sort of switch to turn them on? Man dude.....hopefully Nike at least gave all you a pair.
How stupid am I gonna look if I said I don't remember? I was half-listening at that point because I was so caught up with the shoe. !!! I'm sure some of the other guys were paying better attention. You don't understand, I'm in a half-mental state right now.
Nike has NOT given us a pair. I don't expect it either. (Although it would awesome)

I was fortunate enough to eat a 1-on-1 lunch with Mark Parker. He is a great man, he shared me his stories with Michael J. Fox as well, and how much this project means to Fox.  I couldn't stop emphasizing to Mark how amazing of a life he has to do work like this. Dude was one of those idols who turns out to be a genuinely kind person.

Wow....lunch with the CEO of Nike. Seems epic. I would assume Mark Parker would be a cool guy just from the photos of what he collects that were posted up not too long ago. Even though he is made of millions, I am sure he geeks out on even this nostalgic shoe.

I am over the auto strap thing. The only thing I really love is how the Nike logo is lit up on the strap. I remember when I was a kid watching that in the movie theaters and thinking that was so cool.

Originally Posted by bobbytripledigits

Wow....lunch with the CEO of Nike. Seems epic. I would assume Mark Parker would be a cool guy just from the photos of what he collects that were posted up not too long ago. Even though he is made of millions, I am sure he geeks out on even this nostalgic shoe.

I am over the auto strap thing. The only thing I really love is how the Nike logo is lit up on the strap. I remember when I was a kid watching that in the movie theaters and thinking that was so cool.

I was reading the lights do work! 5hours per each charge

I was reading the lights do work! 5hours per each charge

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Does kanye really wear a size 12?
It's possible; I'm shorter than him and I wear an 11

he does wear a 12. i remember from the OG yeezy thread. his samples were size 12.

I would've never guessed it. Anyway, these wont have the auto lace, and according to the mini movie, it seems as if they'll cook up a new batch for 2015 with the lace function. I might not have to worry about these just yet...

My thing is, how is it that Nike can get the design down TO A T of a shoe that they didn't even mass produce in the 80s but I can't get a decent Jordan Retro that resembles its predecessor from 10 or so years ago?

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Does kanye really wear a size 12?
It's possible; I'm shorter than him and I wear an 11

he does wear a 12. i remember from the OG yeezy thread. his samples were size 12.

I would've never guessed it. Anyway, these wont have the auto lace, and according to the mini movie, it seems as if they'll cook up a new batch for 2015 with the lace function. I might not have to worry about these just yet...

My thing is, how is it that Nike can get the design down TO A T of a shoe that they didn't even mass produce in the 80s but I can't get a decent Jordan Retro that resembles its predecessor from 10 or so years ago?

The amount of vitriol about this is ridiculous --there were a few cryptic photos and mock ups going around. No one said power laces were definite and 1500 is a lot of sneakers considering Nike as done limited runs of under 50 shoes in the past for stuff that does not contribute to as worthy a cause as these do.

People are acting like Tinker Hatfield and Michael J Fox showed up to their homes and handed them a real working pair and just before you slipped them on they ripped them out of your hands and stabbed you in the balls with a knife that had the infected blood of plague victim on it.

The amount of vitriol about this is ridiculous --there were a few cryptic photos and mock ups going around. No one said power laces were definite and 1500 is a lot of sneakers considering Nike as done limited runs of under 50 shoes in the past for stuff that does not contribute to as worthy a cause as these do.

People are acting like Tinker Hatfield and Michael J Fox showed up to their homes and handed them a real working pair and just before you slipped them on they ripped them out of your hands and stabbed you in the balls with a knife that had the infected blood of plague victim on it.

these will go really high. the hype is crazy for it not to sell less then a 1k! the only thing i can see is a sz 18 going for less then a 1k but i highly doubt they will make that size.
tired.gif

the rich and famous 1 
middle class and under  0 
mad.gif

these will go really high. the hype is crazy for it not to sell less then a 1k! the only thing i can see is a sz 18 going for less then a 1k but i highly doubt they will make that size.
tired.gif

the rich and famous 1 
middle class and under  0 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by LA KB24

Originally Posted by carlosmex76

Originally Posted by metallic

Via KATC
Just got some inside info on the release of the Nike Air Mag, and while I won't give everything away, here are a couple of tidbits. The Nike Air Mag is looking like it will be an eBay exclusive that will go to benefit the Michael J. Fox Foundation. Michael J. Fox himself will be on the David Letterman show tonight to provide more details so be sure to tune in for all the details.
Looks like it will be a charity event.
Good for the Foundation, if this is true then we all are F...
mad.gif
like the idea to help out the foundation. but exactly what i was saying
ohwell.gif

cant nike just release these and the money they make goes to the foundation?

Like the Livestrongs that came out in 09

Originally Posted by LA KB24

Originally Posted by carlosmex76

Originally Posted by metallic

Via KATC
Just got some inside info on the release of the Nike Air Mag, and while I won't give everything away, here are a couple of tidbits. The Nike Air Mag is looking like it will be an eBay exclusive that will go to benefit the Michael J. Fox Foundation. Michael J. Fox himself will be on the David Letterman show tonight to provide more details so be sure to tune in for all the details.
Looks like it will be a charity event.
Good for the Foundation, if this is true then we all are F...
mad.gif
like the idea to help out the foundation. but exactly what i was saying
ohwell.gif

cant nike just release these and the money they make goes to the foundation?

Like the Livestrongs that came out in 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom