OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
with 1500 pairs for the whole world, there's no way these don't go for a lot.
sneakerheads around the world, movie buffs around the world, stars, etc. will be bidding on these shoes, as will we. we probably don't stand a chance.
i'm aggravated right now.

with 1500 pairs for the whole world, there's no way these don't go for a lot.
sneakerheads around the world, movie buffs around the world, stars, etc. will be bidding on these shoes, as will we. we probably don't stand a chance.
i'm aggravated right now.

"nike invites you to celebrate design and innovation that could change the course of time"

all this hype created by nike and they don't even self lace?! apparently innovation is throwing a swoosh and a rechargeable battery on a pair of LA lights

Back 4 the Future

Need a Username & Password though. 
ohwell.gif

Pretty sure it will go live later on tonight though.

^ yeah really, let me cop from air randy.
laugh.gif

no but, real talk, just because you can't pull these off, doesn't mean others can't.

people rock Supra TK's all the time, and they're just as tall, if not taller.

just don't wanna see people trying to put their jeans over the whole shoe or wearing baggy $!% jeans with these. 
indifferent.gif

^ yeah really, let me cop from air randy.
laugh.gif

no but, real talk, just because you can't pull these off, doesn't mean others can't.

people rock Supra TK's all the time, and they're just as tall, if not taller.

just don't wanna see people trying to put their jeans over the whole shoe or wearing baggy $!% jeans with these. 
indifferent.gif

"nike invites you to celebrate design and innovation that could change the course of time"

all this hype created by nike and they don't even self lace?! apparently innovation is throwing a swoosh and a rechargeable battery on a pair of LA lights

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Random thoughts:

-F___ buying a new car...

-Kanye Will buy every size 12 and turn them into sandles for the "N____s in Paris" music video...

-Final bids on eBay = 10-30K...

-Hi-jacking fedex trucks = #PRICELE$$

-I want to be a Billionaire so f______ bad... (Bruno Mars voice)

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Random thoughts:

-F___ buying a new car...

-Kanye Will buy every size 12 and turn them into sandles for the "N____s in Paris" music video...

-Final bids on eBay = 10-30K...

-Hi-jacking fedex trucks = #PRICELE$$

-I want to be a Billionaire so f______ bad... (Bruno Mars voice)

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yo Bobby. Not to spoil your blog post or maybe you can just post the answer on your blog but how do the lights actually work? Are they like LA Gears or is there some sort of switch to turn them on? Man dude.....hopefully Nike at least gave all you a pair.

Yo Bobby. Not to spoil your blog post or maybe you can just post the answer on your blog but how do the lights actually work? Are they like LA Gears or is there some sort of switch to turn them on? Man dude.....hopefully Nike at least gave all you a pair.

Originally Posted by hubbard35

people are getting these to sell, not wear

some, but most people are getting these to collect actually.

celebrities and ballers will be snatching up the pairs for the first few days. i just hope i can catch a pair for around a G in the last few days after the ballers have secured their pairs.

Originally Posted by hubbard35

people are getting these to sell, not wear

some, but most people are getting these to collect actually.

celebrities and ballers will be snatching up the pairs for the first few days. i just hope i can catch a pair for around a G in the last few days after the ballers have secured their pairs.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

I honestly can't tell if people are serious about:

1. Liking these?
2. Buying these?
3. Wearing these?

If all of the above, is it because of the "history" or because they are limited, because I gotta be straight- I firmly believe if these said "LA Gear" on the side instead of having a swoosh, that They would sit on shelves @ Wal Mar& for 50 bucks or less.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I just dont get this one bit.....
eyes.gif
Rich, I don't know why it's so hard to understand though 
laugh.gif
 This exact shoe started the whole "McFly" colorway trend in multiple models (Hyperdunks, Tre ADs, Hypermax, etc), and it's probably the most iconic Nike movie shoe of all time from one of the most memorable movie franchises of all time. A lot of people on here born in the 70s and 80s would also love them simply for the nostalgia of having THE Marty McFly shoes we loved as kids. I mean it breaks my heart they won't have the power laces, but come on, it's the shoes from 2015 from Back to the Future! A shoe that people have been wanting since they were kids! 

And as for wearing them, you can't tell me that all the flashy shoes coming out lately like the Griffin Hyperdunks, Solar Red Lebrons, Grinches, and South Beaches are easily rockable but these wouldn't be. Just wouldn't make any sense to me. These are simply a gray based shoe that's got some lights on the bottom. Yeah I get the whole LA Gear thing, and how we probably wouldn't wanna look like kids. But if you don't like the lights, just don't recharge 'em lol. 

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

I honestly can't tell if people are serious about:

1. Liking these?
2. Buying these?
3. Wearing these?

If all of the above, is it because of the "history" or because they are limited, because I gotta be straight- I firmly believe if these said "LA Gear" on the side instead of having a swoosh, that They would sit on shelves @ Wal Mar& for 50 bucks or less.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I just dont get this one bit.....
eyes.gif
Rich, I don't know why it's so hard to understand though 
laugh.gif
 This exact shoe started the whole "McFly" colorway trend in multiple models (Hyperdunks, Tre ADs, Hypermax, etc), and it's probably the most iconic Nike movie shoe of all time from one of the most memorable movie franchises of all time. A lot of people on here born in the 70s and 80s would also love them simply for the nostalgia of having THE Marty McFly shoes we loved as kids. I mean it breaks my heart they won't have the power laces, but come on, it's the shoes from 2015 from Back to the Future! A shoe that people have been wanting since they were kids! 

And as for wearing them, you can't tell me that all the flashy shoes coming out lately like the Griffin Hyperdunks, Solar Red Lebrons, Grinches, and South Beaches are easily rockable but these wouldn't be. Just wouldn't make any sense to me. These are simply a gray based shoe that's got some lights on the bottom. Yeah I get the whole LA Gear thing, and how we probably wouldn't wanna look like kids. But if you don't like the lights, just don't recharge 'em lol. 

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

How stupid am I gonna look if I said I don't remember? I was half-listening at that point because I was so caught up with the shoe. !!! I'm sure some of the other guys were paying better attention. You don't understand, I'm in a half-mental state right now.
Nike has NOT given us a pair. I don't expect it either. (Although it would awesome)

I was fortunate enough to eat a 1-on-1 lunch with Mark Parker. He is a great man, he shared me his stories with Michael J. Fox as well, and how much this project means to Fox.  I couldn't stop emphasizing to Mark how amazing of a life he has to do work like this. Dude was one of those idols who turns out to be a genuinely kind person.

Originally Posted by bobbytripledigits

Just got back to my hotel room from spending the day on the Universal backlot with 25 cultural purveyors (including HF, Fraser, Eddie Cruz, Eugene from Hypebeast, Edison Chen, Jeff from HighSnobiety, Patta, Crooked Tongues, Matt from Nice Kicks, etc.)
Nike really went all out for this - I commend them.

The shoes do NOT auto-lace. In Mark Parker's words "It's not 2015 yet." 
grin.gif
glasses.gif

As to why 2011 and not wait til 2015, I think there IS a sense of urgency here - with Michael J Fox and Parkinson's.. why wait? Let's take action NOW.

I'm working on my photos and storytelling and will probably have a fresh blog up for you guys on thehundreds.com in a couple hours.

Hope everyone's enjoying this as much as I am
pimp.gif

thanks for sharing the experience
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by bobbytripledigits

Just got back to my hotel room from spending the day on the Universal backlot with 25 cultural purveyors (including HF, Fraser, Eddie Cruz, Eugene from Hypebeast, Edison Chen, Jeff from HighSnobiety, Patta, Crooked Tongues, Matt from Nice Kicks, etc.)
Nike really went all out for this - I commend them.

The shoes do NOT auto-lace. In Mark Parker's words "It's not 2015 yet." 
grin.gif
glasses.gif

As to why 2011 and not wait til 2015, I think there IS a sense of urgency here - with Michael J Fox and Parkinson's.. why wait? Let's take action NOW.

I'm working on my photos and storytelling and will probably have a fresh blog up for you guys on thehundreds.com in a couple hours.

Hope everyone's enjoying this as much as I am
pimp.gif

thanks for sharing the experience
smokin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom