OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR PENNY V (Release Dates, Colorway Updates, and Availability info)

why? would this prove performance better? how does this statement even make sense
To get the hype train rolling. You see a few Players wearing P.E.'s in the games and you would like that colorway but you can't get it. So you end up liking the shoe and getting other colorways to compensate. Sound familiar? Ahem Lebron Ahem. Then when the drop that colorway at some point uber limited hyperquickstrike Tier zero, it makes the shoe hot. No different from what Nike did to Kobe and Lebron this year. 

To get the hype train rolling. You see a few Players wearing P.E.'s in the games and you would like that colorway but you can't get it. So you end up liking the shoe and getting other colorways to compensate. Sound familiar? Ahem Lebron Ahem. Then when the drop that colorway at some point uber limited hyperquickstrike Tier zero, it makes the shoe hot. No different from what Nike did to Kobe and Lebron this year. 

Why the HELL would any of US want that to happen?!?!

WTF. This is the dumbest thing i've seen on here in a while.  Why would you want this to happen to a shoe that you like?

Please tell me you are trolling.  It is a GOOD thing that there is not a lot of hype around this shoe.  That means you can get most colorways for under retail.  Look at the Kobe 8, that shoe is hyped, and all colorways sell out online in under a week.  The Penny V can still be found online at discounted prices in select sizes.

Sounds like you want there to be hype for it so you can justify wanting/buying the shoe

The Red Eagles were already pretty limited. This makes no sense. There were a lot of limited LeBrons and still most colorways sat on shelves. Just because you release a limited colorway doesn't mean that every other colorway will suddenly become "hot". A lot of people, me included, already like the Penny 5.

Epic_Facepalm_by_RJTH%255B1%255D.jpg

New color maybe one of the three that are supposed to drop on the same day

I plan on getting these. I loved my dolphins but they were to big so I took them back and bought lebron prism. So these will be my first.

Last edited:
New color maybe one of the three that are supposed to drop on the same day

I plan on getting these. I loved my dolphins but they were to big so I took them back and bought lebron prism. So these will be my first.
Awww yea...I just hope these aren't customs.

will definitely be picking these up along with those volts. I just hope they don't drop on the same day so my wallet can breathe a little especially with kobe 8's dropping around this time too

Last edited:
Do these have Zoom in the forefoot or is it Cushlon?

It might be cushlon, but I know for sure it's definitely not Zoom air.  Usually I can feel zoom air, but in the Penny V's, I can't feel any cushioning in the forefoot.  

We had this debate last year after the Orlando released, but to me it actually DOES feel like Zoom in the forefoot.

And from the horse's mouth:

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/air-penny-v-shoe/pid-649274/pgid-848571&re=US&co=US&la=EN

"Phylon midsole with Air-Sole unit in the heel and Nike Zoom unit in the forefoot for lightweight, low-profile cushioning"

Back
Top Bottom