OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR PENNY V (Release Dates, Colorway Updates, and Availability info)

OLD LOVE, NEW LOVE... Penny II and Penny V

First post in this "new" NT... Sadly I have not been able to recover my old account... But lets go into the kicks...

I really loved the idea of a continuation to the Penny line, still it is clear to me that Nike is milking us, but the idea of getting an updated Penny was too good to be true... And Im very happy with the results!! Marc Dolce did a very good job and the V has a clear "DNA" from the Penny line and not a "Mash-up" a la 1/2 Cent... To me it is clear that Dolce took the Penny II as an inspiration and created a great shoe, both to wear and to play. So here the pictures:

Lateral wing on the V is almost as good as it was on the II, good support for not rolling the feet when falling

The "waves" on the midsole in the V are clearly taken from the II, while in the II are more waves and the waves are rounded. 

The new 180 Air Units are larger than the retros, good on Nike. Gettin closer in size to those of the 90's!!!

I'm officially sold on the Orlando colorway.  Got to give Nike their just.  Although they are most definitely milking the hell outta us, these shoes look gorgeous.  Definitely getting the Orlando and Cool Grey colorways.  Time will tell on the others.  Maybe Miami's and Cloaks.  If any of the others hit outlets I'll consider them.

need those penny 2's posted above (one of my all time favs), might take back my flight ones and get the 5's instead.

Nice side by side pics, The Penny 2s take me back. It's good that the inspiration of the 2s can turn the Vs into a potential classic of its own. I wonder if Mark Dolce can turn the 3's design into the Penny VI (if they are going beyond the V).

Last edited:
how do these fit? hearing fat footed people size up. if you have a normal width foot would true to size be good?

how do these fit? hearing fat footed people size up. if you have a normal width foot would true to size be good?
I went .5 up, but I think i have wide feet. As a reference I needed to go .5 up in Kobe V/VI/VII and in Lebron 8 v1/v2, and for Lebron 9 I went a full size up. Hope it helps. 

Nice side by side pics, The Penny 2s take me back. It's good that the inspiration of the 2s can turn the Vs into a potential classic of its own. I wonder if Mark Dolce can turn the 3's design into the Penny VI (if they are going beyond the V).
I really hope the series contiune. Im very happy with what Dolce did, it looks like an evolution of the shoe and not a "mashup" of series previous models. I would like to see Nike do the same to Barkley, Pippen and Payton line, maybe not the entire lines but some of the best models. 

For me, they fit snug but I didn't feel the need to go up a size. I think once they get broken in they'll feel nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CEE 82  

Cant lie I think these might be the most slept on sneaker of the Year!  
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Your gonna most likely have to go up a .5 size like people said. I wore mine today walking around it started to kill outside part of my foot so narrow...went and got a .5 size up. Same with rookies Penny shoes cut narrow or something.

Last edited:
love the dolphin colorway,the black-blue,the phoenix...wanna buy a couple of flyknits since i saw them in person,3 pairs of breds xi,what the **** nike is killing my saturday nights out...lol,im gonna watch a looooot of movies on home theatre till christmas...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

payday on the 11th, these will be had. would have got them on release date but went with the flight ones instead. don't expect these to sit long but i'll be able to cop on the 11th since i know they gon sit my way.

I wonder if the Dolphins are gonna be similar to the Orlando release. I really wanna cop a pair of those. Really clean looking.

Back
Top Bottom