OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR PENNY V (Release Dates, Colorway Updates, and Availability info)

don't know about anyone else but these junnas is tight , i wear  a 10 got 10.5 need  a 11 maybe just my dogs , but not TTS in imho

True for me too. I had a feeling before I even got the shoes that I would have to go up at least half a size. Tried on my TTS just to see, and wow, super snug. Like where it wasn't that comfortable. I have a wide foot so that probably what it is.

HAVEN'T FOLLOWED THIS THREAD VERY MUCH BUT BEING FROM MEMPHIS, IT'S MANDATORY THAT I COP THESE. WERE THESE JUST AVAILABLE AT CHAMPS AND FOOTLOCKER OR DID FINISHLINE RECEIVE THESE AS WELL? THANKS.

footlocker
ndc (tomorrow AM)
eastbay

finishline was a no go

AIGHT BET. I SAW THEM ON DISPLAY AT CHAMPS TODAY AND WAS TAKEN BACK AT HOW NICE THEY ARE. WANTED TO USE MY WINNERS REWARD WITH FINISHLINE BUT SINCE THEY AREN'T THERE I WILL GO COP FROM CHAMPS TOMORROW AFTER WORK.

AIGHT BET. I SAW THEM ON DISPLAY AT CHAMPS TODAY AND WAS TAKEN BACK AT HOW NICE THEY ARE. WANTED TO USE MY WINNERS REWARD WITH FINISHLINE BUT SINCE THEY AREN'T THERE I WILL GO COP FROM CHAMPS TOMORROW AFTER WORK.

If an endorsement from Memphis isn't a stamp of approval, I don't know what is. I think this thread will be seeing a lot more traffic once dudes actually see these in person and try them on. And those of us on the bandwagon from the beginning will be glad we got these from the get go.

Last edited:
These are sitting in my area with the blue diamond Lebrons. This is the reason why Nike slaps the "limited" tag on stuff otherwise it'll sit on the shelves

Yeah these will sit for awhile because its a Penny. All these 15 year olds just buying whatever is hyped and not actually a solid shoe. And with lebrons and kilroys im sure alot of people passed. Im sure half the kids don't know who hardaway is, smh. But it seems alot of people see it as negative if shoe sits like eww its sitting why would i want it. the game is f'd up.

Shout out to EastbayRep, fixed the situation for me quickly and hassle free. I knew I always like Eastbay for some reason, and it's their CS :D

Yeah these will sit for awhile because its a Penny. All these 15 year olds just buying whatever is hyped and not actually a solid shoe. And with lebrons and kilroys im sure alot of people passed. Im sure half the kids don't know who hardaway is, smh. But it seems alot of people see it as negative if shoe sits like eww its sitting why would i want it. the game is f'd up.

Thought the exact same thing! I said to myself, these should be easy to get cuz half of the youngsters are like, "what's a penny?" lol. Man, favorite player in the 90's with MJ. If it ain't a jordan, lebron, or limited, they ain't gonna eat it up. And I like it just like that. :smokin

I got these early release last week... went and got another pair at champs last night. I dont know if im gonna keep the 2nd pair or return them when I find something else but these are sick and im GLAD these youngsters dont know about Penny.

Little Penny > anyone under 25 years old

Is the construction on these good enough to play basketball in (like the lebrons) or are they constructed more for aesthetics (like retro Jordan's)?

Last edited:

Thought the exact same thing! I said to myself, these should be easy to get cuz half of the youngsters are like, "what's a penny?" lol. Man, favorite player in the 90's with MJ. If it ain't a jordan, lebron, or limited, they ain't gonna eat it up. And I like it just like that. :smokin

Yo, not taking shots at either one of you but I just have to say this. If you're talking like you're in the same "game" as 15 year old youngsters thats a problem within itself. As an older individual 21 and up you should be more so collecting to improve a wardrobe right instead of trying to look trendy. The sneaker culture ain't messed up at all, some of us are just looking at it from the wrong angle. Alot of us are mistaking the "shoe game" for the sneaker culture, similar to how folks mistake Rap for Hip Hop. Just isn't the same thing, Feel me.

Can't WAIT until the Dolphins and Cloaks drop, hopefully the Penny V gets an All Star colorway the likes of the Lebron X, KD V, and Kobe VIII....

Yo, not taking shots at either one of you but I just have to say this. If you're talking like you're in the same "game" as 15 year old youngsters thats a problem within itself. As an older individual 21 and up you should be more so collecting to improve a wardrobe right instead of trying to look trendy. The sneaker culture ain't messed up at all, some of us are just looking at it from the wrong angle. Alot of us are mistaking the "shoe game" for the sneaker culture, similar to how folks mistake Rap for Hip Hop. Just isn't the same thing, Feel me.
Can't WAIT until the Dolphins and Cloaks drop, hopefully the Penny V gets an All Star colorway the likes of the Lebron X, KD V, and Kobe VIII....

All I have to say is you have a bunch more people these days buying up kicks to resell, because the limited tag on it is the reason they bought it and not cuz they like it, and not because YOU do it for your own love of the shoe. So if I'm happy I'm able to walk into a store to pick up a pair of kicks I like without the hassle, I'll take that. I wasn't talking about being in the game with anybody. You really think I'm buying these kicks to just LOOK trendy vs actually just liking the shoes, then you have it all wrong.

All I have to say is you have a bunch more people these days buying up kicks to resell, because the limited tag on it is the reason they bought it and not cuz they like it, and not because YOU do it for your own love of the shoe. So if I'm happy I'm able to walk into a store to pick up a pair of kicks I like without the hassle, I'll take that. I wasn't talking about being in the game with anybody. You really think I'm buying these kicks to just LOOK trendy vs actually just liking the shoes, then you have it all wrong.

No I don't think that, which is why I said what teens are doing shouldn't effect your view on the culture. People buy kicks to resell because there are other people that HAVE to have a shoe no matter the price. Just is what it is ya know. All I have to say is do you as you've been doing, the culture is just fine G.

ya'll ain't ready :smh:

Back
Top Bottom