OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR PENNY V (Release Dates, Colorway Updates, and Availability info)

They are out there but the fact they are limited is the downfall. I ain't paying $25-40 for a pair of socks no matter how bad I want them lol. The waiting game for them to hit retailers in large quantities and different sizes begin...
$(KGrHqN,!qcFBp69RQWSBQdroCtO3g~~60_1.JPG

Damn, so they do exist.........they look pretty sweet. But yeah, anything above $15 for a single pair of socks is ridiculous!

Thanks for the pic......they look more Aqua than New Green in that shot, which is a good thing, I think. But man, that dude needs to tighten the laces a little. I'm not a fan of the spaghetti look regardless, but I definitely don't think it works for the Penny V, especially since it's such a sleek, clean shoe.

I always buy cheap socks, so I've resisted the Elite sock craze. But I caved on the USA Olympic one and these Penny pairs are nice looking...

I always buy cheap socks, so I've resisted the Elite sock craze. But I caved on the USA Olympic one and these Penny pairs are nice looking...
I dont do "cheap socks" I like how Nike socks feel, mainly drifit. Footlocker cotton socks are nice also...elite socks just cost too damn much for socks. I have had one pair since the first release and still have them in the plastic. Way overhyped

I dont do "cheap socks" I like how Nike socks feel, mainly drifit. Footlocker cotton socks are nice also...elite socks just cost too damn much for socks. I have had one pair since the first release and still have them in the plastic. Way overhyped

I do those Footlocker/Finishline socks too. by "cheap" I meant compared to Elite sock prices. However, I can admit Elite socks are dang comfy. Maybe not enough to justify the price difference, but it is noticable.

REMINDER:

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO BUYING-SELLING-TRADING ALLOWED IN THIS FORUM.
DO NOT POST THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO BUY, SELL OR TRADE. PERIOD!
PRICE HAS NEVER BEEN THE ISSUE. IT'S A VIOLATION IF YOU'RE SELLING FOR RETAIL OR LESS...OR EVEN JUST TO SHIP. THIS INCLUDES REQUESTS/OFFERS TO SPLIT COMBO PACKS.​
 ​
DO NOT POST THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO DO PICKUPS FROM A STORE OR THAT YOU NEED SOMEONE TO PICK SOMETHING UP.
EVEN IF YOU'RE SELLING FOR THE PRICE OF WHAT YOU PAID FOR, IT'S STILL A VIOLATION SINCE A TRANSACTION WOULD NEED TO TAKE PLACE BETWEEN YOU AND SOMEONE ELSE.​
 ​
DO NOT ASK OR OFFER SOMEONE TO USE A SWOOSH/EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT.
IT'S A VIOLATION SINCE YOU WOULD STILL NEED TO PAY/ACCEPT PAYMENT FROM SOMEONE IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION.​
 ​
DO NOT POST LIVE AUCTION LINKS/LISTINGS.
TOO MANY PEOPLE PROMOTING THEIR OWN AUCTIONS IS THE MAIN REASON WHY WE FROWN ON THIS BUT YOU ALSO DON'T WANT TO BLOW UP SOMEONE'S CHANCES AT AN AUCTION THEY WERE WATCHING.​
 ​
DO NOT POST STOCKPILE/STOCKROOM PHOTOS.
(PICTURES OF MULTIPLE PAIRS/SIZES)THIS OBVIOUS ATTEMPT TO SELL, WILL NOT BE TOLERATED, ESPECIALLY IF IT'S COUPLED WITH A  "FOR SALE" SIGNATURE! POSTS WITH THESE TYPES OF PHOTOS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING.​
 ​
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 ​
IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO HELP SOMEONE OUT, PLEASE KEEP IT THRU PM'S OR USE THE BUY/SELL FORUMS. ANY MENTION OF ANY TYPE OF EXCHANGE ON THE BOARD MAY LEAD TO A SUSPENSION.​
 ​
POSTING LINKS/INFO TO ONLINE STORES IS OKAY AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT PROMOTING YOUR OWN WEBSITE.​
 ​
POSTING ONLINE DISCOUNT CODES IS OKAY.​
 ​
POSTING THE ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBERS TO STORES IS OKAY.​
 ​
USING YOUR SIGNATURE TO BUY/SELL/TRADE IS OKAY AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT "SIG CHECKING" AND POSTING WITH THE INTENT TO PROMOTE YOUR SIG.
 ​
REMEMBER, IT'S OKAY TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT AS LONG AS YOU'RE DOING IT IN THE APPROPRIATE WAY.​

^^ i was going to ask the same thing..if i do get im not going to ball in them but would like to know a review of the shoe

my typical Nter review is as follows...

Really comfy. Walked 6 blocks to the bank and robeks in the heat and not once did my feet hurt or bother me. Good breathability IMO. Sexy on the feet.

my typical Nter review is as follows...

Really comfy. Walked 6 blocks to the bank and robeks in the heat and not once did my feet hurt or bother me. Good breathability IMO. Sexy on the feet.

Good point........it's more breathable than just about any other basketball shoe I've had. So that's a bonus.

As far as hooping goes, I haven't tried, but I think they'd be sweet. The forefoot is very close to the ground, so I'd think the V could be used by a variety of playing styles.
My only concern is the max air sole. It's a little on the soft side, so I'd be worried that heavier dudes would blow it out.

Good point........it's more breathable than just about any other basketball shoe I've had. So that's a bonus.
As far as hooping goes, I haven't tried, but I think they'd be sweet. The forefoot is very close to the ground, so I'd think the V could be used by a variety of playing styles.
My only concern is the max air sole. It's a little on the soft side, so I'd be worried that heavier dudes would blow it out.

I will start playing in these next month, then I will give some feedback, tried them on already and walked around the house and I must say that they are really light and feel very comfortable and I like the fact that they are not loose but fit rather pretty well!

Has anybody balled in these yet? Has anybody made a review?
i got 2 pairs: one for casual, one to hoop in...went half size up on the casual pair and TTS for the other...i played one game in em so far and they were pretty comfortable, very lightweight, really good grip (i play point, so grip is the most important thing for me)...i was hoopin in kobe vi's before so these weren't quite as light, but had more support around the ankle...halfway thru the game my feet started to hurt a little (since the shoe is narrow), but i figure after a few games they'll be broken in and that will go away so that shouldn't be a problem (same thing happened when i first started hoopin in the kobe's)...i played terribly, but that has nothing to do with the shoe and everything to do with me not being very good haha

I'm just salty that I got my champs order canceled with the coupon and having paid retail for my other pair.

These are as sick as the 1 and 2 IMO. I never bought into the 3 or 4 but if you're on the fence...jump

Thanks for the pic......they look more Aqua than New Green in that shot, which is a good thing, I think. But man, that dude needs to tighten the laces a little. I'm not a fan of the spaghetti look regardless, but I definitely don't think it works for the Penny V, especially since it's such a sleek, clean shoe.
Even though stalley is a star, I dont understand the whole not matching thing. People use to get laughed out the building for not matching. Maybe its a new school thing.

Even though stalley is a star, I dont understand the whole not matching thing. People use to get laughed out the building for not matching. Maybe its a new school thing.
I always disliked the over matching thing that people do with sneakers. It's nice to see rappers progress into the other direction.

Nike is doing too much trying to create hype for this shoe.... if i have to wait in line its not worth it... the price for them is already too high imo... Nike if you want hype bring the price down to $135

Back
Top Bottom