OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR PENNY V (Release Dates, Colorway Updates, and Availability info)

IIRC, Penny doesn't like anything in the forefoot of his shoes, that's why the Rookies were only zoom in the back. I'm assuming the same for these, just air max in the heel.

Those crew necks are dope tho, might have to use the swoosh for one of them

Last edited:
IIRC, Penny doesn't like anything in the forefoot of his shoes, that's why the Rookies were only zoom in the back. I'm assuming the same for these, just air max in the heel.

You sure penny doesn't like any air or zoom in the forefoot? LOL

Anybody balled in these yet? How are they?
Depends on what you usually hoop in. If you're the type of guy that hoops in retros on the regular, you'll be fine. If you've played in high performance basketball shoes in the last few years, these will suck and hurt your feet within minutes of any type of game speed. 

I had to switch back to my Kobe VI's after 10 minutes of the three man weave lol. As mentioned, they are a NSW product but they feel amazing to walk in. 

Sorry dude......I'm not sure about all of the Penny retros, but ALL of the original kicks had zoom in the forefoot, from the Flight Ones and Foams (full length) through the I-IV.

The V feels like it has zoom to me. And I doubt Nike would lie about it, knowing some dudes actually do dissect their shoes.

i swear there was an article in the rookie thread that said penny didn't want anything in the forefoot. Maybe that;s because it was just for the sportswear shoe.

I'll try to look it up tomorrow.

Just thinking that Penny's probably one of the rare point guards to ever use a max sole. But of course, he wasn't a typical point guard by any means...

Last edited:
Haven't balled in them but considering they are a NSW product and not a Nike Basketball product I wouldn't recommend hooping in these. Don't think they'll be that great, especially with the absence of zoom in the forefoot, just my opinion tho...
i have already seen nba players wear these already so I'm guesing its not out of the question.

Gonna pass on the Dolphins but will def pick up the Tour Yellows. I hope this **** comes in a size 11.5...Still sad that the Red Eagles didn't...sigh.

Been away from NT for a while but thought I'd add my 2(1)c lol. I own the red eagles and orlandos. I bought them in my true size, 10.5 and they fit me comfortably but I have narrower feet. The shoes are extremely comfortable, that liner makes them feel like pillows on feet and I personally love the look. I plan to add dolphins, suns, black/yellow, and possibly cloaks to my lineup.

So I received a new pair because my first pair had a visual flaw on the back of the right shoe and thought it might be the cause of the discomfort on the heel. The new pair's left shoe is the same case. I took out the insole and could feel a bump inside the shoe across the top of the air bubble. I could feel it even with the insole. Same with the right shoe but not as noticeable as the left. Does anyone have a problem with that? Does the air unit need time to settle in? I like this shoe and how it wraps around the foot like a pillow but the bump I find annoying. Should I return it and get a refund or should I break them in to see if it works itself out?

Since the release is next week, they are popping up everywhere, so I assume the stores have already received them?

Are the Phoenix going to be a general release?

I think so!

I also think that the dolphis, the yellow ones and the cloaks will be a general release,

the treadwells were the only limited ones, since they were the first to release!

Wasn't big on Nike bringing the Penny line back with a new sig, so I pretty much brushed these off. I saw the Orlando joints the other day and :wow: , joints are :pimp: ! That's the only pair I'd cop. These other colors are decent but I only want one pair of these, Orlando cw> all the others

Back
Top Bottom