Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jay-z-air-yeezy-2.jpg

Originally Posted by titanium intellect

I know I'm adding to fuel to the fire here but... "NRG" does indeed stand for Energy. It's a tier level that Nike created for urban accounts back in the early 90s. The shoes released under them were usually odd colorways and they released at Mom and Pop stores. Here in Chicago you would have found them in the Roseland shopping area, 63rd and halsted, or on Madison on the west side. It has nothing to do with any marketing group. Do your research or ask someone who was there when most of the shoes were first release and not just retro....

oh you mean the mom and pop stores like at 21 Mercer St. where they released the initial fly knit collections the past couple months?(labeled NRG and mostly grey/white colorways i might add) 
this also brings up the question: if it has been around for a couple decades then why would it NOT be on the Y1 label but all of a sudden show up on the Y2's?

Originally Posted by Ralph DeLorean

Originally Posted by dipsetkid44

Is it true niketown chicago is closed for remodeling until fall to launch these? That would be a kanye/nike type thing , wouldn't surprise me
Its true niketown chi is closed for remodeling, has nothing to do with yeezys tho. Hopefully those pairs will be allocated to House of Hoops or something
Yes closed.
No to the fact that its a Kanye/Nike thing

Store was just outdated, but I promise you this when it re-opens...... 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 BANG BANG

Originally Posted by xbiker47

I would kill for some yeezy 1s at 600 now
ohwell.gif

Man, I remember when the black and pinks were that price. Now I see them and the CRAZY price attached to them and just SMH.

Originally Posted by verysteri otypical

Originally Posted by titanium intellect

I know I'm adding to fuel to the fire here but... "NRG" does indeed stand for Energy. It's a tier level that Nike created for urban accounts back in the early 90s. The shoes released under them were usually odd colorways and they released at Mom and Pop stores. Here in Chicago you would have found them in the Roseland shopping area, 63rd and halsted, or on Madison on the west side. It has nothing to do with any marketing group. Do your research or ask someone who was there when most of the shoes were first release and not just retro....

oh you mean the mom and pop stores like at 21 Mercer St. where they released the initial fly knit collections the past couple months?(labeled NRG and mostly grey/white colorways i might add) 
this also brings up the question: if it has been around for a couple decades then why would it NOT be on the Y1 label but all of a sudden show up on the Y2's?
I was talking about this on Twitter the other day, and a friend from Nike HQ replied and said it means Energy as well ... nothing more. Personally, I wanted it to be some top-secret marketing scheme as well. But unfortunately, it's not all that exciting. It means energy. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ericjunior

ohwell.gif
Man, you?! That price is definitely unheard of these days ... must be a recession sale, lol.

Man, I remember picking up a ds pair of nets for $400 and b grade zens for $500 from xgumsolesx. I remember trying to get rid of them for what I paid and had the hardest time selling them. So many people offering me $300 for them. I did get back what I paid for them since I didn't wear the nets but I lost on the zens. What I would do to go back in time and hold onto to those pairs. The sb lebrons inflated prices in my opinion. Once people started paying $1000 for those everything went up in price. I used to think $300 for a pair of shoes was high and $500 was insane but those days are now gone.

Originally Posted by youngj00

ohwell.gif

Man, I remember when the black and pinks were that price. Now I see them and the CRAZY price attached to them and just SMH.

lol @ me thinkin they'd drop to $400 eventually 

^ you won't be out the game... but good luck trying...

and yeah, i sold my last pair from my fsr of zens for $850 about 1.5 years ago. shoulda held onto them even longer cuz i could easily get $1200 for 'em now...

Originally Posted by eciaccord

The sb lebrons inflated prices in my opinion. Once people started paying $1000 for those everything went up in price. I used to think $300 for a pair of shoes was high and $500 was insane but those days are now gone.

QFT. I feel like those were the shoes that changed up the market to how it is now. I remember thinking $500 or $600 for the Zen's was a lot back in 2009, but I wish I could go back and buy like one of each colorway for that price
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Nineteen92

Originally Posted by eciaccord

The sb lebrons inflated prices in my opinion. Once people started paying $1000 for those everything went up in price. I used to think $300 for a pair of shoes was high and $500 was insane but those days are now gone.
QFT. I feel like those were the shoes that changed up the market to how it is now. I remember thinking $500 or $600 for the Zen's was a lot back in 2009, but I wish I could go back and buy like one of each colorway for that price
30t6p3b.gif

That makes two of us. I regret not pulling the trigger bc of my pride issues in 09.

Yeah NT fam, finding a pair of the net/net Y1s for that price was the love

I got lucky finding them relatively cheap so close to the Y2 release date

And to top it off, I found a DS pair of Zen Y1s for 900 a few days ago

I'm not even gonna try to find a pair of DS "Blinks".. I know dudes are still trying to hit cats upside the head for 'em

I'll just have to try my hand at the trade game, hoping I'll be able to come off with at least two pairs of Y2s... One can only hope at this level of hype

I bought Zens and Nets on RD for 400 and 550. At the time, I remember handing the kid money thinking "This is the dumbest thing I've done", but the shoes were sooooo icy. Now I laugh that I almost didnt pull the trigger at those prices. Was about to sell the Nets last year, glad I didn't. Probably gonna try to trade for Y2's.

I never realized the price for Y1s had become so inflated. I got a pair of vnds nets, hypothetically (not selling) how much you guys think they would go for?

I pray to the Lord...i can pay 600 for each colorway release date...I will quit all my bad habits. Fapping, smoking, drinking, laughing at people dying...it all!!!!!! 
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom