Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mr K

Take this with a grain of salt fams, I detest the reseller game, but let's be honest, it's part of the culture now, nothing we can do about it, except not buy....so whatever, they are making their money and it's not illegal....now when a 1000$ offer on a pair of sneakers retailed at 250$ Is a laughable one, that's something else, since when is 700$ profit not enough?...must we be that greedy Fams?...what's the point of paying a rape price on a pair of sneakers to try and profit furthermore from them?...IMO if you pay 1k you are doing it to keep the shoe, by paying 1k and then doing it to cake on top of that you are ruining it for the rest of the team, you are driving the ridiculous mark up on these even more, because now you want 2k in order to profit some....then the next fool is gonna buy from you to try and resell for even more?...where does it end??...at what point does it reach the hands of the real dudes who been doing this sneaker thing since before some of you were even in pre-school??...c'mon man..
Stop whining, Not everyone is getting them for retail $250
my spot wants $1200, big difference from the $450 they wanted last time yeezys dropped.

only difference i see is M&P shops have caught up & made it harder for resellers to make profit by jacking up the price.

its funny because i still got pms asking "where can i get them for $1200?"

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

planning on watching Prometheus this afternoon on IMAX... if they drop during the film I will be bummed but I refuse to let these shoes dictate my life for the next 48 hours
^ Well I was planning on doing the same but that movie will be there next week...but I'm not gonna front...I'll be at home...patiently waiting...I respect your choice that you aren't allowing these shoes to dictate your life/weekend though because hey, life must go one after these release on NDC...but as Frank Ocean said..."There Will Be Tears"... after this release.

First time I've ever used phone alerts for twitter, and phone is glued to my hand at work waiting on two places to tweet.

THANK GOD it only alerts you on standard tweets, and not every reply that nikestore does to answer same questions over and over again.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

planning on watching Prometheus this afternoon on IMAX... if they drop during the film I will be bummed but I refuse to let these shoes dictate my life for the next 48 hours
LOL!  I feel you on that, I actually just bought my tickets for the Prometheus IMAX as well, but if I feel my phone vibrate from a Twitter notification, I'm telling wifey I'm stepping aside for a minute..... 

For good measure I'm listening to a 208 song collection of Kanye songs and features on shuffle while at work today. Come on baby..

Originally Posted by shycagoill

I paid the 100$ to nikevandal as well. He gave me the date/time of release and where they will be on the site.

eek.gif
so whats the point of using twitter?

preknowledge before the drop, nike dont do anything bout it.

100$ lotta money

Originally Posted by bklyn style baby

Take this with a grain of salt fams, I detest the reseller game, but let's be honest, it's part of the culture now, nothing we can do about it, except not buy....so whatever, they are making their money and it's not illegal....now when a 1000$ offer on a pair of sneakers retailed at 250$ Is a laughable one, that's something else, since when is 700$ profit not enough?...must we be that greedy Fams?...what's the point of paying a rape price on a pair of sneakers to try and profit furthermore from them?...IMO if you pay 1k you are doing it to keep the shoe, by paying 1k and then doing it to cake on top of that you are ruining it for the rest of the team, you are driving the ridiculous mark up on these even more, because now you want 2k in order to profit some....then the next fool is gonna buy from you to try and resell for even more?...where does it end??...at what point does it reach the hands of the real dudes who been doing this sneaker thing since before some of you were even in pre-school??...c'mon man..
my spot wants $1200, big difference from the $450 they wanted last time yeezys dropped.

only difference i see is M&P shops have caught up & made it harder for resellers to make profit by jacking up the price.

You missed my point, try and read.M&P shops are trying to cut out the resellers (intentionally or unintentionally) but here come the resellers paying the high markups only to turn around and flipped them for more, by the time they reach the hands of someone who actually want them, they've gone through about 3 damb resellers....if resellers took the L on this one and let dudes cop for 1200$ that's where the value will stay.

I paid the 100$ to nikevandal as well. He gave me the date/time of release and where they will be on the site.

What if.....just...what IF.............he made it up?
indifferent.gif
 lol

Originally Posted by InfraRen

For good measure I'm listening to a 208 song collection of Kanye songs and features on shuffle while at work today. Come on baby..

lol I'm listening to 808s & Heartbreak myself.....it seems fitting for what is about to happen....
frown.gif

I never understood why broadcast this type of info & make it public... As if Nike dnt troll NT they could easily change the date & time

what if nike rechanges their plans and his info becomes outdated? question is how far can he see in the future if hes wrong or right?

If you say you got the info already, people are gonna flood your inbox..

Silence is golden.......unless youre just tryna flatout help people.

You missed my point, try and read.M&P shops are trying to cut out the resellers (intentionally or unintentionally) but here come the resellers paying the high markups only to turn around and flipped them for more, by the time they reach the hands of someone who actually want them, they've gone through about 3 damb resellers....if resellers took the L on this one and let dudes cop for 1200$ that's where the value will stay.

images

Dude philosophizing a shoe release...

Originally Posted by Juse757

Originally Posted by InfraRen

lol I'm listening to 808s & Heartbreak myself.....it seems fitting for what is about to happen....
frown.gif
LOL so negative. aint nothing positivite about this release til people get their pair or yeezy2 i still feel yeezy1 are way nicer

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Carson Daly was talking about the $90,000 eBay sale on his radio show.

I COULD see Nike sending out 18 pairs to most boutiques and having a decent sized stock for themselves. They're feeding into the "limited hype" but not doing it themselves. Boutiques make a huge deal out of the 18 pairs they have with the raffles and $2000 price tags - they make the news, make the hype - then Nike tweets a link and actually posts a good amount of them. Even if they had a lot, they'd still probably sell out quick and we'd never even know they pulled a trick like that.

Until eBay gets flooded with them and the resellers (and guys who shelled out a grand) are screwed. And it wouldn't be Nike's fault per se - people are really doing all of this based on unsubstatiated rumors.
THIS. The prices on ebay then drift down to the $500 range as people realize just how many pairs are out there...

.now when a 1000$ offer on a pair of sneakers retailed at 250$ Is a laughable one, that's something else, since when is 700$ profit not enough? 
i did read!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom