Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think i made that /s a little too small. 
roll.gif
LOL. While anyone with 2 working brain cells knows you were being sarcastic I do think it's pretty likely these go the outlet route at this point. Nike will get what they can from the release and that's that... they don't want to overtly market Kanye at this point. But you NEVER know...... Lol.

I always eluded to everyone running in here claiming they had legit info from their super secret connects as 100% hearsay and conjecture. Nothing is "official" until NIKE drops the word. Now it's coming with the "My connect told me these will be in outlets", which again is just speculation at this point.

why I'm kinda excited for an kanye x Adidas cuz without that supply limitation there shouldn't be this mass hysteria and level of misinformation

Can we take it easy here with the hostility?
As soon as humanity takes it easy with the ignorance. So, easy answer to this question is...... No. Lol
why I'm kinda excited for an kanye x Adidas cuz without that supply limitation there shouldn't be this mass hysteria and level of misinformation
Yep... pretty much nobody has connects into Adidas like that from the ground level. There isn't as much sneakerhead influence on the retail life in Adidas.

Last edited:
nike should re release the other yeezys at $99 and produce millions of them
to annoy YEE - and adidas should bring out the yeezy 3 asap an again make them availble 

You really need to get connected with the industry.... 

MJ = $2.2B   

LeBron = $300M

Kobe = $48M

I really wonder where Kanye's Yeezys and Yeezy inspired shoes sales numbers fit within the numbers above.   

You have a good point but when Kanye doesn't have as much control as they do can you really compare?

You have a good point but when Kanye doesn't have as much control as they do can you really compare?

Ye is not comparable at all. He had a deal to do 2 shoes every 5 years. Jordan, LBJ, Kobe lines are pumping out shoes every week dam near as well as apparel.

Let's say they get sent to outlets. With no TwitterRSVP system in place and reduced to fcfs, best believe blood will be spilt!
Nike outlet stores are placed strategically in middle/lower income areas so you can imagine the thuggery would be at an all time high if this were to go down like that.
Now it's the waiting game til Heidi/Corporate makes their call.
As much as I'm a fan of the shoes and would love a pair to complete the collection, it may just be best that these never release

Let's say they get sent to outlets. With no TwitterRSVP system in place and reduced to fcfs, best believe blood will be spilt!
Nike outlet stores are placed strategically in middle/lower income areas so you can imagine the thuggery would be at an all time high if this were to go down like that.

your being dramatic as far as this goes. I was lined up at a Nike outlet in the hood that got b grade concords in, there was like no neighborhood type cats there. there were some that showed up when the store opened, they were asking "did some new mikes come out? what they look like?". if they didn't know about that, they definitely won't know about these

Now it's the waiting game til Heidi/Corporate makes their call.
As much as I'm a fan of the shoes and would love a pair to complete the collection, it may just be best that these never release

If it's really canceled then where is everyone? Where is everyone that said they knew x,y,z? These still sitting in stock rooms? What's so "interesting" about release procedure? Barney's sell theres?

Come on? Where are you? Bunch of noise tbh. Don't give me the "well everything changed now that he signed with Adidas" bs.

Because the least you can do now is provide proof of your claims? Or explain what the release would look like? Or HOW MANY MOM AND POP STORES had these in stock?

:rolleyes

I still love the claims how they were in NTNY and NT Chicago stockroom. People talking just to feel important.

All of this.
And then people get upset when they are called out.
Bs is bs you can spin it anyway you want.

Nothing for nothing but a sports radio talk show host down here just mentioned that Kanye has dropped Nike for Adidas during his drive home show. Very interesting that he brought it up out of the blue.

Edit: back to your regularly scheduled back&forth...

Last edited:
Figured Id wait at least 24 hours before I jumped out cause I was sure the thread would BLOW up 100000 pages......with alot of nonsense....

First...Its not Y-3...its Adidas under the Originals Umbrella....

The deal will be EXTREMELY similar to what Jeremy is doing over there....

He will get sneakers, accessories, and apparel with 1 to 2 collections per year depending on the sales.....(im not sure of the length of the deal)

It will be carried in all major retailer that currently stock Scotts or had access to the Taylors and Sap's black wings....

Why go with Adidas??

Because Nike was not willing to ABOVE and BEYOND in there distribution of the "Yeezy" line due to the possibility it would not pro-form under mass quantity distribution...

Believe it or not Kanye actually wanted a much larger distribution of the "Yeezy".....Nike choose to limit the numbers...hence the nonsense that insued....

People fail to see that Nike is a wholesaler...Nike's largest customer aint YOU its Footlocker Corp...Footlocker wanted the exclusive slice like last time...Nike was good with the arraignment....KANYE wanted a WIDER net but Nike kept pushing back that sales of Yeezy were a gimmick or not sustainable and large scale distribution could end up like many of the FUSION series that once a WIDER distribution and WIDER colors choice came out, saturated the market and ultimately become just another sneaker (cough Spizike cough Half Cent cough anything with Pennies name on it..lol)

Nike could release the Yeezy's whenever they wanted....Im not sure what the stock run was, but it would have not hurt them either way if they sold out instantly or bricked out....Case in point the Revis Line.....Nike still did VERY WELL with Revis (yes an athlete with arguablly a sportwear shoe)...Much like the Vicks or Duncans...or (insert name of athele who had sigs canceled) it ran its time.

Someone asked the question why didnt Kanye just start his own clother label....the answer.....the **** cost money homie.....

Long answer short....do I think its a mistake.....Kinda....

No one goes to market better then the SWOOOSH......talk all you want....but my Adidas Outlet carries just about EVERY Jeremy Scott joint....and they are CRAZY discounted....Yes.. they are still in the $75 - $100 range, but thats only cause retail is $200+....

Will I check out AdiYeezi (or whatever they will be called), Yes because I F's with someone who is willing to go against the grain....

Will the line do well....****...If Birdman can Sell Lugz...and Terry can move Supra's....and Ronnie can have dudes flipping Jeggins....these days ANYTHING is possible....
He left Nike because of MONEY.. and if you think any different then your just naive and buying into the "yeezy" hype that he is just like you blah blah blah.. he stated its because nike wouldn't give him royalties on his product.. and if he didn't have a daughter he would have stayed with Nike, but now that he has a kid and future (expensive wife) he wants to generate more income. 

You think he cares if we get his shoes or whatever?  yeah right, just like Lebron cares they had less then a 1000 pairs of the championship pack.  when it comes down to it.. all they care about is the money.  

and I am not faulting them or judging for it.. at the end of the day you have to do whats best for you and your family. 

^ I like how out of all the times he said he wanted his product more available and to create more, you pick the one time when he mentions money to try and call him a sell out

otherwise what would be the point of wanting royalties if the s*** is still limited

He left Nike because of MONEY.. and if you think any different then your just naive and buying into the "yeezy" hype that he is just like you blah blah blah.. he stated its because nike wouldn't give him royalties on his product.. and if he didn't have a daughter he would have stayed with Nike, but now that he has a kid and future (expensive wife) he wants to generate more income. 

You think he cares if we get his shoes or whatever?  yeah right, just like Lebron cares they had less then a 1000 pairs of the championship pack.  when it comes down to it.. all they care about is the money.  

and I am not faulting them or judging for it.. at the end of the day you have to do whats best for you and your family. 

While I will agree about the money, I wholeheartedly disagree in regards to the LeBron comparison. Any person that passionate about his branding definitely cares how many people have access to it. A world full of Ye customers is a narcissists dream.

Nothing for nothing but a sports radio talk show host down here just mentioned that Kanye has dropped Nike for Adidas during his drive home show. Very interesting that he brought it up out of the blue.

Edit: back to your regularly scheduled back&forth...
This is def relevant to bring up. The implications of Kanye switching brands clearly reaches out into several different demographics. Obviously it affects some more than others... but the fact that it's being noted in certain places still draws a picture of what a big move it really is.

It's not re-inventing the wheel but people outside the sneaker, fashion, and music industries are noticing it too... which is definitely good for Adidas. Not necessarily bad for Nike though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom