Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
U reacting as a fan of Kanye

I'm reacting from what he's saying and his responses...

In every interview he was asked why can't u put up your own millions to start your own business. It bubbled on the Breakfast Club when he spoke about being able to provide for North and it boiled over in that sway interview.

Just b/c he's a celebrity, doesn't mean he's rich. Doesn't mean he's hasn't spent beyond his means.

Unlike most artist that waste their millions on frivolous and materialist things maybe kanye has over spent and wasted millions into his career. The biggest most over the top shows, the most expensive videos, the biggest album budgets, over spending on a start up fashion company, over spending on venues at fashion week in Paris. I mean the guy was buying time slots in between like Versace and Givenchy the last time he had a DW show at fashion week. All of that stuff cost MILLIONS.

Music his cash cow and the label still has to recoup all that bread back...

Idk all I'm saying is dude sounds like he may be broke

No I'm reacting as someone with common sense. I think majority of everyone in this thread is a Kanye fan to some extent, but yes I do enjoy his music.

If he were broke he wouldn't be worried about royalties from a limited run of sneakers. He would get his money up the way he knew how which is through music. Whether it be tours an album etc. He is simply chasing a dream he feels no one respects and I respect him for that. But broke is the last thing he is. Jay nor his wife would allow it.

U reacting as a fan of Kanye

I'm reacting from what he's saying and his responses...

In every interview he was asked why can't u put up your own millions to start your own business. It bubbled on the Breakfast Club when he spoke about being able to provide for North and it boiled over in that sway interview.

Just b/c he's a celebrity, doesn't mean he's rich. Doesn't mean he's hasn't spent beyond his means.

Unlike most artist that waste their millions on frivolous and materialist things maybe kanye has over spent and wasted millions into his career. The biggest most over the top shows, the most expensive videos, the biggest album budgets, over spending on a start up fashion company, over spending on venues at fashion week in Paris. I mean the guy was buying time slots in between like Versace and Givenchy the last time he had a DW show at fashion week. All of that stuff cost MILLIONS.

Music his cash cow and the label still has to recoup all that bread back...

Idk all I'm saying is dude sounds like he may be broke
In Ye's defense, and believe you me I view Ye as a brat, he did say he lost 13 mill trying to get his own line off the ground. I think he's more fearful of failing than anything else. With a corp behind him he has no liability on getting manufacturing, distribution, etc. Essentially, we wants to use the corp as much as their using him.

I do sense he sees an end to him KK in the future and wants to make sure he has bread to cover that settlement. 

No I'm reacting as someone with common sense. I think majority of everyone in this thread is a Kanye fan to some extent, but yes I do enjoy his music.

If he were broke he wouldn't be worried about royalties from a limited run of sneakers. He would get his money up the way he knew how which is through music. Whether it be tours an album etc. He is simply chasing a dream he feels no one respects and I respect him for that. But broke is the last thing he is. Jay nor his wife would allow it.

When u broke u worry about every penny, let alone possible Millions in royalties...

But

I'm

Schleep

Tho

Kanye and Don C brought back retro J's? LOL 

Kanye and Don C brought back retro J's? LOL 
Not sayen Kanye brought back retro J's at all

But I will give him credit for the rise in prices of aquas and bred 6s
He gets credit but for him to say retro js was because of two ppl, him and Don C?  
roll.gif
roll.gif

he's a millionaire trying to get into a billionaire's game..... most designers have backing from investors that believe in their product and it's sad to say no one believes in Kanye, maybe because it's his ego, color, title, etc.....but crying about it isn't going to get you anywhere......

Doesn't matter what the sneakers are named cause we all know they Yeezy's in our eyes... But I feel like these will be scrapped or name changed on them... I got no connects or any insides sources but how many of y'all feel like they won't release? 

Kanye just verbally confirmed on XM station HipHopNation that no more Nike releases will be involving his name.

In order for them to release it he has to sign off on it as well as Mark Parker.

She asked if partnership with Nike is over....he said most definitely. His logic is Nike sells 85% of sneakers in the world, Adidas is at 5%... he thinks his line can get them up to about 25-30%. Plus expect a special D.Rose x Kanye shoe in near future.

adi X ye X rose :pimp:

lol.. what has Nike done?  seriously?  do you see this forum.  we are on NIKE talk.  Nike has people spending there rent money on a pair of lebrons/retro jordans.  they make over a billion dollars a year selling crappy quality retro jordans and they have us lined up like sheep ready to buy, sell out in seconds.  

When was the last time Adidias release a pair of shoes that sold out in seconds?  Nike does that every weekend.  That isn't a accident, Thats  Nike and their marketing strategy. 

I don't se your correlation between NIKE and NIKETALK? You don't think there is a Adidas fan website some where out there just as popular? People invest their money in NIKE because they like to support their favorite athletes.. I buy LeBrons and Jordans, because they are my favorite basketball players.. not because NIKE is releasing them. I would still buy them if they were signed to Adidas, Converse, or any other brand... Why you think Dwade signed that Li-Ning deal? The world is a global market, Nike is just a small counterpart of it.. You think they aren't fans out there buying Dwades shoes? Come on dawg

NIKE releases sell out in seconds because they are releasing your favorite sneakers man.. Its that simple.. If there was no NIKE; Foams, Jordans, LeBrons, Kobes, KDs will probably be sporting a different brand and selling out in seconds..

I think if kanye had a better way of talking to ppl and not throwing fits Nike would of treated him better. Because if I was a CEO and some ***** came into my office telling me that I should do this and that bc I am kanye west I would of told him to eat a d+ck.

In all fairness, we don't know how his persona is in these "Corporate" environments.. All we are seeing is an enraged Kanye West speaking out about being marginalized. He can very well be the politest person in the world when speaking with corporate executives, because he is indeed trying to get put on. We don't know.

If you think he's seeing millions in royalties from a few limited runs of sneakers you really are "schleep".

Millions or not green is green when the money funny...

I just made a suggestion that Kanye is over his head. A lot of rich people make bad investments and go broke. If he put 13 mil into DW already, that was a bad investment b/c he didn't set realistic goals for the company. 13 mil to a millionaire is a nice loss

Last edited:
Nike can Retro a Yeezy 1..

If i where in Nikes shoes, I would Have either all three colors of the 1 ready, or new colors... Wait until i hear word that the "Adi" Yeezy is gonna drop, and drop my stock on the same day.

You guys never realize that sometimes a D rose drops on a wed/thur/fri.... and so does either a KD/LBJ/KObe ?   coincidence? 

Same goes for shoes like the Kamikaze etc.   Nike will always try to come out on top.. At the end of the day they are Nike. 

-Fresh 

Nike can Retro a Yeezy 1..

If i where in Nikes shoes, I would Have either all three colors of the 1 ready, or new colors... Wait until i hear word that the "Adi" Yeezy is gonna drop, and drop my stock on the same day.

You guys never realize that sometimes a D rose drops on a wed/thur/fri.... and so does either a KD/LBJ/KObe ?   coincidence? 

Same goes for shoes like the Kamikaze etc.   Nike will always try to come out on top.. At the end of the day they are Nike. 

-Fresh 
They can add a 1 behind yeezy    (   Example     YEEZY     /  YEEZY1    / YEEZY-1    /  YEEZY.1  ) ect... there are soooo many combinations. 

Nike is not going to retro the Yeezy's, especially under a different name. They did it with the KG and C Webb retroes, but those didn't stir a **** storm of "Nike clinging onto the past" stories like a re-named Yeezy would.

Even if they could drop the RO's at their wish, they wouldn't. Every story is about Kanye moving onto adidas, so Nike dropping them would probably look sad. They would rather save themselves the trouble than drop the shoe, even if there still is a lot of hype around it.

And who the hell cares about all the false info you guys were given? Let it go. It happens in almost every thread, with every shoe, to some degree. You really need to take everything with a grain of salt unless it comes from a reputable poster. It's like some of you guys are new here :nerd:

Last edited:
Just make new labels on the box. New name of this shoe is the "air mark parker". At that point yeezy has an even better melt down.

I just watched the complete power 105 interview with Charlemagne...

Magne tore his *** up, or tried too. Every time he went at Kanye with a legit question, Kanye just started rambling about nonsense.

Best question in the interview:

"To me it seems like you're such a walking contradiction because you'll denounce the corporations, but then you'll get on stage and say you need Nike and Adidas to back you. That makes no sense to me."

Kanye can't even come up with a straight answer, starts talking about wearing kilts and **** in Chicago.

He's so full of **** it's absurd.

I don't se your correlation between NIKE and NIKETALK? You don't think there is a Adidas fan website some where out there just as popular? People invest their money in NIKE because they like to support their favorite athletes.. I buy LeBrons and Jordans, because they are my favorite basketball players.. not because NIKE is releasing them. I would still buy them if they were signed to Adidas, Converse, or any other brand... Why you think Dwade signed that Li-Ning deal? The world is a global market, Nike is just a small counterpart of it.. You think they aren't fans out there buying Dwades shoes? Come on dawg

NIKE releases sell out in seconds because they are releasing your favorite sneakers man.. Its that simple.. If there was no NIKE; Foams, Jordans, LeBrons, Kobes, KDs will probably be sporting a different brand and selling out in seconds..
In all fairness, we don't know how his persona is in these "Corporate" environments.. All we are seeing is an enraged Kanye West speaking out about being marginalized. He can very well be the politest person in the world when speaking with corporate executives, because he is indeed trying to get put on. We don't know.
oh your right.. must be why Drose's sneaker sell out in seconds.  oh wait they don't.  

Name me the most popular adidas forum and I bet Niketalk is more active and have has more participation.. 

its not the athletes, the athletes come and go.. its nike.  Nike was here back in the 80's/90s with Jordan and they are here now with lebron/kobe/durant.  and will be here in the future when the next superstar comes out.  

Last edited:
So what marketing has Nike done to cause this?
Its there business model.. simple supply and demand... they have been using limited releases to brainwash everyone into thinking if you dont buy that retro Jordan on Saturday you wont have another chance, so you better drop your 170 or 200 dollars because someone else will.  The whole idea of buying what you want is out the door now.. now its I buy it because everyone else, or the perceived value of the shoe because its deemed limited.. don't think for a second this was done by accident, this is Nike's business model.  

Now to get back on topic, this is just my opinion, but I don't think Nike will release the RO.. I don't think they want to add anymore hype to someone who plays for the other team.. would really be surprised if they released them.  

These will probably be destroyed.. what I would like to see them do is put them all up on ebay and donate the proceeds to a charity.  but that's just me.  

I just watched the complete power 105 interview with Charlemagne...

Magne tore his *** up, or tried too. Every time he went at Kanye with a legit question, Kanye just started rambling about nonsense.

Best question in the interview:

"To me it seems like you're such a walking contradiction because you'll denounce the corporations, but then you'll get on stage and say you need Nike and Adidas to back you. That makes no sense to me."

Kanye can't even come up with a straight answer, starts talking about wearing kilts and **** in Chicago.

He's so full of **** it's absurd.
agreed every time Charlamange asked him a question kayne changed the subject.  then he said its a compliment to Steve Jobs that he is like Kayne.  That line blew me away.. whatever happened to being humble.  

Kanye doesn't like Charlamagne.

He said that during the Sway interview.. He didn't even look his direction, so every question was just ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom