Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
kanye has said himself that he has to buy pairs from resellers for his people. pusha t probably just went ahead and bought his own.

but if you wanna believe it's a conspiracy and they're all just lying to us so people don't beg them for yeezys (when they could just say "I can't"), that's your right.

this... it makes 0 sense to lie. Yeezy had to buy his own Y1's off EBay to have more pairs for himself but Pusha is lying about not being able to get a free pair lmfao yea okay.

I'm sorry, what the **** is pusha t talking about? Scratch that, what are ANY of you talking about when you say "yeezy jumped over the jumpman"?

Like actual quantifiable description of what is being said.

apparently to pusha t, yeezy jumped over the jumpman because he is a signer, a producer, and a fashion icon? Just seems so apples to oranges until you get down to quantifiables and I haven't seen one statistic that would imply "yeezy jumped over the jumpman"

Honestly, i think it just sounds cool so all the hipster stans repeat it like they're speaking so prolifically..

theres jordan 1-xx8 along with a litter of casual,fusions,baseball,football & TEAM jordans but a rapper who has a 1 shoe model fusion per 2-3 years & cant get FnF pairs of his own shoe jumped over the Jumpman......yeah ok

the shoes are nice & all that but just because the Ye said it dont mean its holds weight or makes it true .... classic "feeling himself" line

& let me conclude this mini rant with IMO

so no fanboys attempt to take shots because they have Ye in thier throats 24/7

Last edited:
theres jordan 1-xx8 along with a litter of casual,fusions,baseball,football & TEAM jordans but a rapper who has a 1 shoe model fusion per 2-3 years & cant get FnF pairs of his own shoe jumped over the Jumpman......yeah ok

the shoes are nice & all that but just because the Ye said it dont mean its holds weight or makes it true .... classic "feeling himself" line

it's pretty homerish to say that. Jordan Brand grossed over a billion last year lol.

Guys, Ronsweedroom is full of s#%$...

If PO, a guy who has already owned a pair of these (and a million other exclusives, including both of the most sought after Yeezys that never released), claims zyn0210's pair as legit, then Sami's aren't the only ones that are legit.

This is the same dude who tried to imply that a release day between November and February was some kind of inside info that he was blessing you with...

It's a joke, he's just coming in here trying to look cool, much like how he has previously came in here just to brag that he flipped Yeezys to pay for his honeymoon (as if that's something to brag about)...

Don't fall for it.

PO's word goes waaaaaaaaay further than his ever will. Period.

Him and his "info" gets clowned on IG for a reason... #justsayin'
what are the most sought after sample yeezys?

Good read on the whole "these Yeezys jumped over the Jumpman" line:

http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2012/07/did-the-yeezys-jump-over-the-jumpman

Last night, the talk of the BET Awards was Kanye West’s acapella-rapped verse to his upcoming song “New God Flow” with fellow G.O.O.D Music cohort Pusha T. The verse was chock-full of quotables, but the one that stuck most was Mr. West’s proclamation about his sneakers, the Nike Air Yeezy, outdoing that perennial symbol of fresh, the Air Jordan. As the line goes: “Look I’m not trying to stunt, man, but these Yeezys jumped over the Jumpman.” Bold statement, right? Crazy, right? Well, maybe the answer isn’t that simple.

Sure, the Air Jordan has a serious head start. For the past 27 years, the Air Jordan’s reign has never been questioned. It’s been a rinse and repeat cycle of new retros dropping, stores selling the **** out of them, and the Nike subsidiary keeping its old base and gaining new devoted followers with each drop. Jordan Brand’s run isn’t debatable—the best basketball player of all-time has had arguably 11 or so of the best sneakers ever made. His sneakers have transcended sports—when you throw on Jordans, you immediately feel cooler. The throne has never even been challenged—that is, until now.

Look, no one is trying to—or can—debate the Air Jordan’s legacy vs. the Air Yeezy’s, but what if Kanye’s just getting started? We’re fresh off the craziest sneaker release of all-time, Ye’s follow-up to his first crack at designing a sneaker, and most people feel like he topped his first effort. The sequel is more technical, more wearable, uses better materials, and at its core, there’s only a handful of sneakers that have dropped that look cooler. Think back to 2009 when the first Air Yeezy released, and the hysteria it caused, and the fact that take-two of the shoe was even crazier. Brick and mortar shops had to create a blueprint just for people to have a chance to buy the sneakers. Imagine that happening for a series of sneakers once a year consistently.

Naysayers will quickly dismiss Ye’s $245 Nikes as a “hypebeast” shoe, but that argument is tired.

The fact of the matter is Kanye West is a brand now—a very powerful brand. When he wears clothing, people scramble to find out what it is, and where they can consume it. Back in the ‘80s, fashion trends were set by athletes and what they wore on the court. And consumers had to wait for commercials—or the shoes themselves to hit shelves—to even know what was what. The paradigm has changed. Everyone knows what people are wearing within minutes of their wearing it, sneakers are previewed in full long before they hit shelves, and much more attention is paid to entertainers, of whom Kanye is king.

Naysayers will quickly dismiss Ye’s $245 Nikes as a “hypebeast” shoe, but that argument is tired. Sure, fashion-forward hip-hop heads are wearing the shoe, but even cultural outsiders like tennis champ Roger Federer are starting to co-sign Kanye’s creations. It’s the only sneaker (okay, maybe the Galaxy Foams) that people outside the culture have brought up in conversation. And another point that backs up Kanye’s claim: look at the re-sale value—has any Jordan (with the exception of the super-limited UNDFTD IVs) ever been as high as the Air Yeezy 2? Resellers are frowned upon sometimes, but they’re a big determining factor of how much people really want a product. [COLOR=#red]If all ‘Ye meant was that the Yeezy 2 jumped the Jumpman in terms of demand, the answer is yes. [/COLOR]

So then we get to the larger picture. What if Kanye dropped a sneaker every year for the next decade? Will the designs maintain pace? Will the demand continue? Only then will we be able to definitively talk about anyone outdoing the Jumpman. It will be interesting to see if Kanye has what it takes to follow the same path as Jordan, from signature sneaker to a true spinoff brand. Does Kanye actually need the Nike logo to sell the sneakers, or would a YEEZI logo move just as many units? Only time will tell.

i agree with whats in red

but whats in green is the end all as far as this discussion ... because if there was yeezy 1-xx8 guaranteed to drop yearly the demand would fall off mid line IMO

first geno, now pusha.

youre all haters. 

youre all making this shoe nothing but a headache now. seriously.
laugh.gif

Just wanna throw my two cents about the Yeezy jumping over the Jumpman...I can agree that it has. If you really think about it, there are only handful of Js outside the OG colorways that were really that great. Last five years JB has picked up their stride, but mainly by putting out a bunch of OG colorways ie CDP Packs, and re-re-retroes. But all those wacky cw 7s, 5s, and horrible 8s in those mid 2000s left me with a bad taste my mouth with the Jordan line. And yes there are only 5 pairs of Yeezys, but there really isn't a bad CW. I wish the Jordan line would take the time out to make good kicks and apparel for their athletes  like how they once did with Vin Baker, Eddie Jones, and even Randy Moss. Outside the Air Jordan line...the Jordan Brand is pure garbage. So yeah in a way...don't let the numbers mislead you as far as dollars made, the Yeezy had jumped over the Jumpman.

you're smoking if you really think these people who are famous have to pay for their shoes especially pusha t

Wrong.

Most celebs and athletes buy a good chunk of their shoes. Unless you're LeBron or Kobe you're still paying for kicks and even they will go out and spend $ on something non-Nike (Balenciaga, LV).

I spent two years interviewing entertainers about their collection and consistently most guys spoke on buying kicks as opposed to getting them for free.

The fact of the matter is, JB alone still generates Nike Inc. billions in revenue every year. Whether you like their wacky colorways, fusions, constant re-releases etc. or not, they are making more money than any other sector of the company. Yeezy jumped over the Jumpman my ***.

Wrong.

Most celebs and athletes buy a good chunk of their shoes. Unless you're LeBron or Kobe you're still paying for kicks and even they will go out and spend $ on something non-Nike (Balenciaga, LV).

I spent two years interviewing entertainers about their collection and consistently most guys spoke on buying kicks as opposed to getting them for free.

This. They have connects and means to get them but they do pay $$$ Kanye even had to buy some more of the 1s later down the line. I chatted up with Dwight Freeney who has a Jordan account earlier in the summer and he said he still has to buy em

It is true he actually had to purchase pairs for family and friends in the past while Nike was giving them away to celebs and athletes.

Updated my twitter for a glow picture...apologize in advance for the quality (tried my best).

The fact of the matter is, JB alone still generates Nike Inc. billions in revenue every year. Whether you like their wacky colorways, fusions, constant re-releases etc. or not, they are making more money than any other sector of the company. Yeezy jumped over the Jumpman my ***.
So you only base your argument on sales generated and not the actual product itself? 

Wrong.

They buy them because they can.

I know numerous people that aren't even big name celebs that get Nike care packs 1-2 times a month. It may not be talked about in public as much but trust it happens. 

Theres a Nike spot out here in LA "Marina Del Ray" to be exact, that Caters just to The Entertainers. 

How dare you?!
roll.gif

Just wanna throw my two cents about the Yeezy jumping over the Jumpman...I can agree that it has. If you really think about it, there are only handful of Js outside the OG colorways that were really that great. Last five years JB has picked up their stride, but mainly by putting out a bunch of OG colorways ie CDP Packs, and re-re-retroes. But all those wacky cw 7s, 5s, and horrible 8s in those mid 2000s left me with a bad taste my mouth with the Jordan line. And yes there are only 5 pairs of Yeezys, but there really isn't a bad CW. I wish the Jordan line would take the time out to make good kicks and apparel for their athletes  like how they once did with Vin Baker, Eddie Jones, and even Randy Moss. Outside the Air Jordan line...the Jordan Brand is pure garbage. So yeah in a way...don't let the numbers mislead you as far as dollars made, the Yeezy had jumped over the Jumpman.
roll.gif
You're saying that 2 silhouettes negate all that Jordan has done.

3>Yeezy

4>Yeezy

11>Yeezy

Tinker>Yeezy.

Yeezy stole bits and pieces of every shoe Nike/JB has put out but he's jumped over the brand that has flourished since it's inception.

How dare you?!
roll.gif

roll.gif
You're saying that 2 silhouettes negate all that Jordan has done.

3>Yeezy

4>Yeezy

11>Yeezy

Tinker>Yeezy.

Yeezy stole bits and pieces of every shoe Nike/JB has put out but he's jumped over the brand that has flourished since it's inception.
Exactly my point to an extent, the only silhouettes you can compare them to are at least 18 years old. And if you want to be technical, it was the Air Assault mold, and the Tech Challenge too  that are Yeezy Silhouettes. Give me something dope out of JB that was not a retro since the Air Jordan XVII in 2002?

Good read on the whole "these Yeezys jumped over the Jumpman" line:

http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2012/07/did-the-yeezys-jump-over-the-jumpman

Last night, the talk of the BET Awards was Kanye West’s acapella-rapped verse to his upcoming song “New God Flow” with fellow G.O.O.D Music cohort Pusha T. The verse was chock-full of quotables, but the one that stuck most was Mr. West’s proclamation about his sneakers, the Nike Air Yeezy, outdoing that perennial symbol of fresh, the Air Jordan. As the line goes: “Look I’m not trying to stunt, man, but these Yeezys jumped over the Jumpman.” Bold statement, right? Crazy, right? Well, maybe the answer isn’t that simple.

Sure, the Air Jordan has a serious head start. For the past 27 years, the Air Jordan’s reign has never been questioned. It’s been a rinse and repeat cycle of new retros dropping, stores selling the **** out of them, and the Nike subsidiary keeping its old base and gaining new devoted followers with each drop. Jordan Brand’s run isn’t debatable—the best basketball player of all-time has had arguably 11 or so of the best sneakers ever made. His sneakers have transcended sports—when you throw on Jordans, you immediately feel cooler. The throne has never even been challenged—that is, until now.

Look, no one is trying to—or can—debate the Air Jordan’s legacy vs. the Air Yeezy’s, but what if Kanye’s just getting started? We’re fresh off the craziest sneaker release of all-time, Ye’s follow-up to his first crack at designing a sneaker, and most people feel like he topped his first effort. The sequel is more technical, more wearable, uses better materials, and at its core, there’s only a handful of sneakers that have dropped that look cooler. Think back to 2009 when the first Air Yeezy released, and the hysteria it caused, and the fact that take-two of the shoe was even crazier. Brick and mortar shops had to create a blueprint just for people to have a chance to buy the sneakers. Imagine that happening for a series of sneakers once a year consistently.

Naysayers will quickly dismiss Ye’s $245 Nikes as a “hypebeast” shoe, but that argument is tired.

The fact of the matter is Kanye West is a brand now—a very powerful brand. When he wears clothing, people scramble to find out what it is, and where they can consume it. Back in the ‘80s, fashion trends were set by athletes and what they wore on the court. And consumers had to wait for commercials—or the shoes themselves to hit shelves—to even know what was what. The paradigm has changed. Everyone knows what people are wearing within minutes of their wearing it, sneakers are previewed in full long before they hit shelves, and much more attention is paid to entertainers, of whom Kanye is king.

Naysayers will quickly dismiss Ye’s $245 Nikes as a “hypebeast” shoe, but that argument is tired. Sure, fashion-forward hip-hop heads are wearing the shoe, but even cultural outsiders like tennis champ Roger Federer are starting to co-sign Kanye’s creations. It’s the only sneaker (okay, maybe the Galaxy Foams) that people outside the culture have brought up in conversation. And another point that backs up Kanye’s claim: look at the re-sale value—has any Jordan (with the exception of the super-limited UNDFTD IVs) ever been as high as the Air Yeezy 2? Resellers are frowned upon sometimes, but they’re a big determining factor of how much people really want a product. [COLOR=#red]If all ‘Ye meant was that the Yeezy 2 jumped the Jumpman in terms of demand, the answer is yes. [/COLOR]

So then we get to the larger picture. What if Kanye dropped a sneaker every year for the next decade? Will the designs maintain pace? Will the demand continue? Only then will we be able to definitively talk about anyone outdoing the Jumpman. It will be interesting to see if Kanye has what it takes to follow the same path as Jordan, from signature sneaker to a true spinoff brand. Does Kanye actually need the Nike logo to sell the sneakers, or would a YEEZI logo move just as many units? Only time will tell.

i agree with whats in red

but whats in green is the end all as far as this discussion ... because if there was yeezy 1-xx8 guaranteed to drop yearly the demand would fall off mid line IMO

:smokin

Exactly my point to an extent, the only silhouettes you can compare them to are at least 18 years old. And if you want to be technical, it was the Air Assault mold, and the Tech Challenge too  that are Yeezy Silhouettes. Give me something dope out of JB that was not a retro since the Air Jordan XVII in 2002?
That's the point. They don't have to. They've made their mark. Yeezys are an afterthought to 90% of consumers. I've sold almost a FSR and every pair sold was at FC...Who bought them? Celebs and spoiled rich kids who used their dads black cards to purchase them.

How can you erase history with 2 models that are heavily inspired by the very company you said you jumped over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom