Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ye meant that line in the context of Yeezys have generated more hype. And he's right. They have been the most hyped shoe of all time. That and the fact he drew inspiration from other shoes in the design process gives people ammunition to discredit them, but it's funny, cuz even Tinker has admitted drawing inspiration from other shoes to design some of his.

I really wish they didn't force him to use already made midsoles, so these cats couldn't use that to say the whole shoe is biting those models. His original midsole for the Y1 was so dope, I woulda MUCH preferred it over the Air Assault / Jordan 3 midsole. And it would have shut up a lot of it's critics.

Not gonna reply to that other dumb stuff back there, even tho I could prove it wrong, it's not worth it.

that "yeezys jumped over the jumpman" bar really got yall tight for no reason

I would never say that, but I will say that I like the pair of Yeezys I own better than any pair of Jordan's I've ever owned. I think that's the mindset that the line came from

Last edited:
How about the fact that MJ didn't design any Jordan's. He offered input and gave ideas here and there. But based off his fashion sense id say his brand would be in a lot of trouble if he were designing J's.

There's a reason Kanye's initials are first to appear underneath the insole and not Nate VanHooks.

If Jordan's were stamped with initials crediting designers than I'm sure MJ's would be thrown in at the end as an after thought. Definitely not going in front of Tinker's.

With that being said please don't take what I'm saying out of context. I'm not here to judge which is better. They are different. Kanye's Air Yeezys were very much influenced from Air Jordan's and other Nike's of the last 3 decades.

I like Jordan's and I like Yeezy's.

I think Ye meant that line in the context of Yeezys have generated more hype. And he's right. They have been the most hyped shoe of all time. That and the fact he drew inspiration from other shoes in the design process gives people ammunition to discredit them, but it's funny, cuz even Tinker has admitted drawing inspiration from other shoes to design some of his.

I really wish they didn't force him to use already made midsoles, so these cats couldn't use that to say the whole shoe is biting those models. His original midsole for the Y1 was so dope, I woulda MUCH preferred it over the Air Assault / Jordan 3 midsole. And it would have shut up a lot of it's critics.

Not gonna reply to that other dumb stuff back there, even tho I could prove it wrong, it's not worth it.
First
roll.gif
at reporting me in revenge.

You mean the soles that he borrowed from the Air Mag?
How about the fact that MJ didn't design any Jordan's. He offered input and gave ideas here and there. But based off his fashion sense id say his brand would be in a lot of trouble if he were designing J's.

There's a reason Kanye's initials are first to appear underneath the insole and not Nate VanHooks.

If Jordan's were stamped with initials crediting designers than I'm sure MJ's would be thrown in at the end as an after thought. Definitely not going in front of Tinker's.
Jordan is an athlete. Kanye is a musician. Apples and Oranges.

At the end of the day Ye didn't design each shoe..he ONLY had input. You really thing this dude can create to scale a shoe and input technology into it? He came with a vision that he borrowed from existing models. There's no 2 ways about it.

all these Jordan vs Yeezy Comparisons gonna get this thread closed again. 

Opinions always cause controversy

all these Jordan vs Yeezy Comparisons gonna get this thread closed again. 

Opinions always cause controversy

no

unneeded racism & ignorance got the last thread locked

this is a debate/discussion that hasnt & more than likely wont cross any lines & is on topic

this wont be locked

Last edited:
I think its hilarious how both sides of this argument try to mask their OBVIOUS opinions as FACTS...

Gotta love subjective/opinion based arguments on NT...

Kanye had more of a vision for a shoe design than MJ did. Kanye has expressed his focus is on fashion as much or more so than it is on music. Jordan's focus was on basketball and basketball alone. A shoe line was just a perq.

But there would be no Air Yeezy without Tinker. Tinker saved Nike from tanking with the AJ III's. A more appropriate comparison would be between the men who designed the sneakers. Hatfield v. West. However, its not fair to compare the 2 since one would not exist without the other.

At the end of the day TH helped shape the sneaker industry way more than anyone. There is no denying he was and still is the GOAT designer in the sneaker world. Lets move away from that.

His line in New God Flow was just that..... a line. He has an ego but can you blame him? How many other rappers have done what he has done? 0. How many other rappers have their album nominated for Album of the Year at the Grammy's? 0- just Yeezus. And finally how many other rappers have a sneaker deal with Nike? 0.

The point he was making those recent interviews was simply to show how his work goes largely underappreciated. Misunderstood would be the best way to describe the view that he is saying his sneaker is the best.

Consider this.... he admitted to Sami that he wanted the Y1's (Sami was wearing them in the meeting) to look more like the Jordan III's but that wasn't an option. Does that sound like he genuinely thinks Air Yeezys are better than Jordan's?

Come on. Its a line in a song. Move on.

^You do realize Jordan met with TH to discuss upcoming models and give his input.

People really need to stop with opinions and assumptions. Its just sad.

Last edited:
Kanye had more of a vision for a shoe design than MJ did. Kanye has expressed his focus is on fashion as much or more so than it is on music. Jordan's focus was on basketball and basketball alone. A shoe line was just a perq.

But there would be no Air Yeezy without Tinker. Tinker saved Nike from tanking with the AJ III's. A more appropriate comparison would be between the men who designed the sneakers. Hatfield v. West. However, its not fair to compare the 2 since one would not exist without the other.

At the end of the day TH helped shape the sneaker industry way more than anyone. There is no denying he was and still is the GOAT designer in the sneaker world. Lets move away from that.

His line in New God Flow was just that..... a line. He has an ego but can you blame him? How many other rappers have done what he has done? 0. How many other rappers have their album nominated for Album of the Year at the Grammy's? 0- just Yeezus. And finally how many other rappers have a sneaker deal with Nike? 0.

The point he was making those recent interviews was simply to show how his work goes largely underappreciated. Misunderstood would be the best way to describe the view that he is saying his sneaker is the best.

Consider this.... he admitted to Sami that he wanted the Y1's (Sami was wearing them in the meeting) to look more like the Jordan III's but that wasn't an option. Does that sound like he genuinely thinks Air Yeezys are better than Jordan's?

Come on. Its a line in a song. Move on.
When you're asked a question during an interview and you respond with "Yeezy's jumped over the Jumpman" it becomes a statement, not a lyric in a song. "Nike didn't call me, Wah Wah" affirms his belief that Kanye>Nike in his eyes.

Kanye came out POLO this POLO that. He got money, went to Europe and now he's a "fashion icon"
roll.gif

Last edited:
gotta love bench warmers bringing nothing to the discussion.

You mean like 90% of your posts?

You droppin regurgitated "solid info"? :rofl:

You arguing about a LINE in a Song over 9 moths OLD? LOL

You ironically calling out people for passing their opinions off as FACTS, when that in fact is your M.O.?

C'mon fam, give it up...

2 months ago, you where dogging Yeezy's and all in here that liked em, and all of a sudden you're captain info... FOH...

Last edited:
You mean like 90% of your posts?

You droppin regurgitated "solid info"?
roll.gif

You ironically calling out people for passing their opinions off as FACTS, when that in fact is your M.O....

C'mon fam, give it up...

2 months ago, you where dogging Yeezy's and all in here that liked em, and all of a sudden you're captain info... FOH...
Yes, because having info and disliking a shoe is one in the same. I've always said I loved the shoe...for it's resell value. I never once said I was in love with the shoe.

How is saying Tinker>Ye not a fact?

How is saying 3,4,11>Y1 and Y2 not a fact?

You're the one who needs to give it up, "fam".

Now, go away.

^You do realize Jordan met with TH to discuss upcoming models and give his input.

People really need to stop with opinions and assumptions. Its just sad.

QFT!

People are talking about MJ as if they were Jordan himself.... Through interviews, videos, books, etc. that I have watched/read... It is quite obvious that Jordan had A LOT of input. Making last minute changes etc.

I'm not going to get deep into this argument because I believe it to be futile.... I will just mention something and let you guys think about it....

Jordan with the Jordan X was unhappy with the Toecap AFTER units were already produced and shipped... He carried so much weight that NIKE removed the toecap per his request and produced updated pairs. This change was made to the original design TH made for the X and wanted to keep himself. NIKE made this change MID-PRODUCTION!

Now... ask yourself... Does Kanye carry that weight? Where, if he wanted a change, mid production, NIKE would comply?

IMO, Nike wouldn't even contemplate the idea...

Last edited:
Yes, because having info and disliking a shoe is one in the same. I've always said I loved the shoe...for it's resell value. I never once said I was in love with the shoe.

You're the one who needs to give it up, "fam".

Now, go away.

As much as you WANT to believe yourself (since your narcissism is pretty transparent), these are SUBJECTIVE statements, AKA YOUR opinions. And although MANY sneakerheads MIGHT agree (maybe even myself), they are STILL in fact (no pun intended) JUST OPINIONS.

Not everybody thinks like YOU. I know its hard to wrap your "mind" around that idea...

That weed room is killing off many of your brain cells m'hijo....

[quote name="RonsWeedRoom" ]

[/quote]

Bc that is ur opinion and not a fact?

QFT!

People are talking about MJ as if they were Jordan himself.... Through interviews, videos, books, etc. that I have watched/read... It is quite obvious that Jordan had A LOT of input. Making last minute changes etc.

I'm not going to get deep into this argument because I believe it to be futile.... I will just mention something and let you guys think about it....

Jordan with the Jordan X was unhappy with the Toecap AFTER units were already produced and shipped... He carried so much weight that NIKE removed the toecap per his request and produced updated pairs. This change was made to the original design TK made for the X and wanted to keep himself. NIKE made this change MID-PRODUCTION!

Now... ask yourself... Does Kanye carry that weight? Where if he wanted a change, mid production, NIKE would comply?

IMO, Nike wouldn't even contemplate the idea...
You brought substance to the discussion, B Fresco just throws jabs in the middle of the fence and thinks he's some philosopher. He addresses me, but doesn't man up and come at Cold City, you, or anyone else who are saying the same thing I'm saying?

You can't be a lawyer and defend/prosecute at the same time.

You brought substance to the discussion, B Fresco just throws jabs in the middle of the fence and thinks he's some philosopher. He addresses me, but doesn't man up and come at Cold City, you, or anyone else who are saying the same thing I'm saying?

You can't be a lawyer and defend/prosecute at the same time.

Not taking sides here sir.

My original statement was aimed at the fact that its pretty funny that people try to pass off their OPINIONS as fact on here.

YOU then came at me. So in turn, I responded.

I aint goin at Cold City cuz that's my dude. Plus he doesn't try to pass off his OPINION as fact, like you do. In FACT, he typically follows up most of his statements with "IMO"... Try it sometime...

Alot of time, its HOW the argument is framed/context, more than the argument itself...

SIDENOTE/EDIT: I don't read too much into the line you guys are aguing about... As mentioned above, arguing about subjective matters is FUTILE.

FYI, I CAN drop knowledge as well.

My NIKE DC (GTown) connect, as of LAST WEEK (haven't checked with him THIS week), confirmed that the RO's are NOT in their stock room. Dunno if it matters to anyone.

Last edited:
Sheesh,
I leave this thread for a minute and this is what's going down?..

Back to the ROs PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom