Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could care less who gets what for free. I just want the opportunity to buy the product I like without having to go through a reseller who wants me to pay 3 months rent for them, just because they sucked off the right guy at their favorite sneaker shop.

Last edited:

That's the point. They don't have to. They've made their mark. Yeezys are an afterthought to 90% of consumers. I've sold almost a FSR and every pair sold was at FC...Who bought them? Celebs and spoiled rich kids who used their dads black cards to purchase them.

How can you erase history with 2 models that are heavily inspired by the very company you said you jumped over?
As I am not a celebrity, hardly some rich kid that uses my daddy's black card, but still an owner of 4 out of 5 pairs of the Yeezys. I can say it's not about erasing history, I will not ever discredit the legend of the Jordan line. But the Air Jordan and Jumpman line sucks, and has for the last decade. I honestly don't know what they would do without those gems Tinker churned out year after year in the 90s. But let's not discredit  Yeezys and put the hype aside, both Air Yeezy silhouettes are amazing in design, detail, and comfort.

He's said it interviews. It's more than a rap line. Take the cape off for a second and be objective.

He has also bragged about how a pair sold for $90,000 and was serious. Does he really think someone paid that much for that eBay auction? I would say he does.

As I am not a celebrity, hardly some rich kid that uses my daddy's black card, but still an owner of 4 out of 5 pairs of the Yeezys. I can say it's not about erasing history, I will not ever discredit the legend of the Jordan line. But the Air Jordan and Jumpman line sucks, and has for the last decade. I honestly don't know what they would do without those gems Tinker churned out year after year in the 90s. But let's not discredit  Yeezys and put the hype aside, both Air Yeezy silhouettes are amazing in design, detail, and comfort.
That's subjective. Y1s were, and still are viewed as "UGLY" to much of the community.

The fact that Nike can continue to churn out the same old shoe and still sell out speaks volumes to the community. I guarantee if they retro'd a Yeezy as a GR, took the limited aspect of them away, a great majority of the stans would sell their shoes and call them ugly.

Jordans continue to stand the test of time. They continue to generate buzz. They continue to generate sales. All Yeezys have done is line the pockets of resellers and "validate" peoples "collections" or "love" for the "culture"

That's the point. They don't have to. They've made their mark. Yeezys are an afterthought to 90% of consumers. I've sold almost a FSR and every pair sold was at FC...Who bought them? Celebs and spoiled rich kids who used their dads black cards to purchase them.

How can you erase history with 2 models that are heavily inspired by the very company you said you jumped over?

your upset now & its showing

if NIKE was begged by YE to gr these they wouldnt because they wouldnt move at the same rate IMO
saying they are rehasing the same stuff from the 90's & trying to used that as a discreditor :lol: your making the case easier for me & then try & say you cant put hype aside to discredit the yeezys STOP IT because , if they(nike/jb) indeed suck & arent doing anything noteworthy why can they do that & still make money ... dont worry ill wait

where's the dude who kept guaranteeing us that these do not glow? Lmao so many clowns on here.

That's subjective. Y1s were, and still are viewed as "UGLY" to much of the community.

The fact that Nike can continue to churn out the same old shoe and still sell out speaks volumes to the community. I guarantee if they retro'd a Yeezy as a GR, took the limited aspect of them away, a great majority of the stans would sell their shoes and call them ugly.

Jordans continue to stand the test of time. They continue to generate buzz. They continue to generate sales. All Yeezys have done is line the pockets of resellers and "validate" peoples "collections" or "love" for the "culture"
Those are some very valid points. And I do agree that the hype has overshadowed the shoe, but that happens with every "dope" shoe. Look I even paid resell (not rape) for mine, but I couldn't tell you the last Js I got at retail either. I think Yeezys have stood the test of time (and yes it is laughable), but it's going to be nearly 5 years since the initial release, and I still think the demand is high for em. We could get into a whole other discussion about the "culture" of the sneaker game on another platform. But what I take from that "Yeezy jumped over the Jumpman" line is pretty much that the Jordan Brand has not had a good "new" design in over 10 years and that's sad.

If you're stupid, stop speculating. So basically everyone but 6 people just shut the **** up
smile.gif

Exactly my point to an extent, the only silhouettes you can compare them to are at least 18 years old. And if you want to be technical, it was the Air Assault mold, and the Tech Challenge too  that are Yeezy Silhouettes. Give me something dope out of JB that was not a retro since the Air Jordan XVII in 2002?

Superfreak > Yeezy.

where's the dude who kept guaranteeing us that these do not glow? Lmao so many clowns on here.

Remember when dudes was saying the color red couldnt glow? lol Like, the only material man can make luminescent has to be colored green. lol

trying to stay out of this but I agree with what pbsphotographer pbsphotographer is saying... if Nike put out a yeezy every year, I believe the hype would be comparable to the original jordan craze in the 80s and 90s.

as dope as Tinkers designs are, they will not stand the test of time forever. Mike hasn't played in a long time, and as time goes on the market will give way to new designs and tastes and Jordan's will have to take a backseat. it might not be for another 10 years when the millennial generation kids are in their 20s and making their own decisions, but that's a whole generation of kids that grew up without seeing Mike play.

kanye is putting out aesthetically pleasing, well made, comfortable Nike shoes. now they aren't performance basketball sneakers, but to me this is a natural progression of the jordan line, and what Nike sportswear represents. people would rock the brand new Jordan's on the street, it was a fashion and sport symbol at the same time. people do it with lebrons but I don't think you can consider them a fashion symbol in the same way that Jordan's were (lebrons with jeans is a pretty stupid look to me).

Nike could really turn the yeezy line into a yearly franchise. maybe they feel he doesn't deserve it, or they don't wanna align themselves with an entertainer in the long term, maybe it's just strategy. but I feel performance sneakers have advanced too far technologically to really be fashionable. the yeezy line would be perfect to fill that gap

Last edited:
I don't think you can compare a Yeezy shoe to a Jordan shoe until Nike GR's the Yeezys. Rite now the hype is in the limited numbers available for the most part. There are people who actually like the shoe but you can't guage the general publics interest until its a GR.

This argument of yeezys being better than Jordan's is justs ridiculous, in my opinion. It's the equvioant of saying drake is better than snoop dogg.

like drake is hot now (why I don't know) but you can't negate longevity by what's piping off now...Jordan is an established brand, yeezy is not. I don't disbelieve that many in this thread would still buy yeezys no matter if they were gr or limited, but this board accounts for a very small percentage of shoe buyers. I'd say the majority would not be interested if the shoe wasn't so hard to come by....furthermore Jordan hasn't played in an NBA game since when? Still selling shoes...When Kanye West is no longer mainstream and his antics are no longer front page news will he shoes sell? Does he have that type of pull to remain relevant when in all actuality he isn't anymore? Time will tell but I doubt it...it ain't Jordan Brand

NO! ... just stop it

change is hard, i know

change & being wrong are on 2 different sides of the world fam

I don't think you can compare a Yeezy shoe to a Jordan shoe until Nike GR's the Yeezys. Rite now the hype is in the limited numbers available for the most part. There are people who actually like the shoe but you can't guage the general publics interest until its a GR.

EXACTLY

"[COLOR=#red]If all ‘Ye meant was that the Yeezy 2 jumped the Jumpman in terms of demand, the answer is yes.[/COLOR]

So then we get to the larger picture. What if Kanye dropped a sneaker every year for the next decade? Will the designs maintain pace? Will the demand continue? Only then will we be able to definitively talk about anyone outdoing the Jumpman. It will be interesting to see if Kanye has what it takes to follow the same path as Jordan, from signature sneaker to a true spinoff brand. Does Kanye actually need the Nike logo to sell the sneakers, or would a YEEZI logo move just as many units? Only time will tell."

i agree with whats in red

but whats in green is the end all as far as this discussion ... because if there was yeezy 1-xx8 guaranteed to drop yearly the demand would fall off mid line IMO

This argument of yeezys being better than Jordan's is justs ridiculous, in my opinion. It's the equvioant of saying drake is better than snoop dogg.

like drake is hot now (why I don't know) but you can't negate longevity by what's piping off now...Jordan is an established brand, yeezy is not. I don't disbelieve that many in this thread would still buy yeezys no matter if they were gr or limited, but this board accounts for a very small percentage of shoe buyers. I'd say the majority would not be interested if the shoe wasn't so hard to come by....furthermore Jordan hasn't played in an NBA game since when? Still selling shoes...When Kanye West is no longer mainstream and his antics are no longer front page news will he shoes sell? Does he have that type of pull to remain relevant when in all actuality he isn't anymore? Time will tell but I doubt it...it ain't Jordan Brand

another member WITH a brain

Last edited:
Mark didn't update anything so that means all these pages i missed are nothing worth reading. Back to waiting.

Mark didn't update anything so that means all these pages i missed are nothing worth reading. Back to waiting.
thats pretty accurate. very minor updates. ron mentioned the release will be anything but ordinary.. good luck trying to figure that one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom