Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might not be possible at first until he has the luxury line set up. You know he can sell small numbers, but he's gotta prove that what he sells is truly what people want. His clothing line ultimately has to become something people who don't like Kanye West will want. Terribly difficult thing to do, but I guess if anyone's gonna do that it'd be him.

He has been saying for awhile now that he wants to appeal to the middle class and make it affordable for people to buy his products. I think it's the company he collaborates with set the price on his items.

he's trying to appeal to the crowd that likes high fashion but can't afford the super high prices. if you thought the APC collection was expensive then it's just not for you. a similarly cut t shirt from a haute couture label costs 300-400$. a similarly cut hoodie would cost 600$.

me coming into this thread every time.
LMAO
roll.gif

he's trying to appeal to the crowd that likes high fashion but can't afford the super high prices. if you thought the APC collection was expensive then it's just not for you. a similarly cut t shirt from a haute couture label costs 300-400$. a similarly cut hoodie would cost 600$.
It's really hard to get people to understand the relative nature of all of this. But you're 100% right.

I'm out of reps or else I'd have repped this for sure.

Last edited:
His clothing line ultimately has to become something people who don't like Kanye West will want. Terribly difficult thing to do, but I guess if anyone's gonna do that it'd be him.

there are plently of people that at least claim they don't like kanye at all but just want the sneakers. I was his biggest fan when college dropout came out, still a big fan but had to chill when all the tip riding started

Last edited:
I get what you are saying, but In interviews he has been saying how much he like H&M because they sell clothing that is fashionable and no to costly. The APC collection in my opinion was not bad at all but yet again I don't think he set the prices on the clothing line. If the Adidas rumors are true and he had more control of his products I don't see prices being to bad on clothing and shoes.

The majority of sneaker buyers till this day dont know or care what a Yeezy is.

Qft
A few years ago I went to South Coast Plaza HOH. My buddy was wearing 09 SJs and I had Zens on. Needless to say, almost everyone in there commented on the Jams. Not one single person commented on the Zens.

^No...they shoulda been out. But I will say this Nike ain't hurting from his departure but the hype will follow him to Adidas tho

Last edited:
I personally think the issue was Ye wanted his sneakers to be available to everyone while Mark Parker wants to make it very limited like the past. Kanye doesn't like the idea and wants everyone to enjoy his sneakers w/o having to pay crazy prices.

Wow, since when was kanye the owner of nike because some people seem to think kanye is just some kind of cult royalty who can control billion dollar corporations with his arrogance because he is such a "trendsetter", which is debatable. Imo i could care less who's name was on the yeezy 2 because i like the look if the shoe, kanyes ties with it has no effect on me whatsoever. Point being is that nike made him in sense of his sneakers (regardless if he designed them) just for them to allow him be a face in their line. Most people preferred nike way before their was a kanye west, as a matter of fact nike/jordan was definitely a heavy influence to his upbringing. Who's helping who out here... Any aspiring talented atheletes would dream to have endorsements by nike. Not kanye he is much too talented and deserving of a nike deal. Only kanye and his stans would think nike owes him anything or that he has elevated thier brand... If ye goes to adidas will the hypebeast follow suit, if so please do go.

That would suck big time if the RO's release was scrapped, would Nike pull the plug on us like that?
well he did call out the CEO basically saying he was the reason yeezys are so limited.. wouldn't be surprised if he did an FU to Kayne by not releasing his shoes..

Don't get me wrong I'm a Kanye fan. But if u really know ur history of music and clothing none of what he does is original. So I don't know why everybody drools so hard over his stuff. I mean it's cool but people amped over everything he does like its new and it's not.

I personally think the issue was Ye wanted his sneakers to be available to everyone while Mark Parker wants to make it very limited like the past. Kanye doesn't like the idea and wants everyone to enjoy his sneakers w/o having to pay crazy prices.
Nike took money away from him, plain and simple. He knows he could do more than one shoe every 18 months, can't hate on a guy who wants to extend his brand and net worth. Music careers don't last forever, if he feels confident that this will be beneficial to his career and his family, then so be it. Look at Jessica Simpson, she hasn't had a hit record in years and shes doing almost $1 Billion in sales. No regrets, people.

Nike took money away from him, plain and simple. He knows he could do more than one shoe every 18 months, can't hate on a guy who wants to extend his brand and net worth. Music careers don't last forever, if he feels confident that this will be beneficial to his career and his family, then so be it. Look at Jessica Simpson, she hasn't had a hit record in years and shes doing almost $1 Billion in sales. No regrets, people.
true story.

Nike is going to release these when the announcement that he left hits. Takes all the attention away from AdidasxYe and right back onto Nike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom