Official Nike Breast Cancer Thread - Volume It deserves its own Thread

what's crap is that 8 of the 19 pairs on ebay came out of HoHLA!!! and of that 8, 5 are from persons that got mult pairs; one has 3 and the other has 2.that's pathetic to know that half of HoHLA's inventory is sitting on ebay!!! not only that, one kid (that will be nameless for now) bought a size heknew he wasn't goin to wear (sz 12) while his size was available!!! not only that, i'm sure he knew the dude behind me (#6 in line) wanted the 12 causehe was goin to actually wear them in his next games. that's terrible!!! the whole sz runs were terrible!!! the funny/ironic thing was, was that the mgr atHoHLA was mad too cause he swears he put in orders for the big sizes (13 and up). but it looks like those pairs don't even exist.

i had a feeling that this release would be just like how the LIVESTRONG campaign was when it was first started.

Originally Posted by shaqrules

what's crap is that 8 of the 19 pairs on ebay came out of HoHLA!!! and of that 8, 5 are from persons that got mult pairs; one has 3 and the other has 2. that's pathetic to know that half of HoHLA's inventory is sitting on ebay!!! not only that, one kid (that will be nameless for now) bought a size he knew he wasn't goin to wear (sz 12) while his size was available!!! not only that, i'm sure he knew the dude behind me (#6 in line) wanted the 12 cause he was goin to actually wear them in his next games. that's terrible!!! the whole sz runs were terrible!!! the funny/ironic thing was, was that the mgr at HoHLA was mad too cause he swears he put in orders for the big sizes (13 and up). but it looks like those pairs don't even exist.

i had a feeling that this release would be just like how the LIVESTRONG campaign was when it was first started.
I was there and they sold out right in front of me. Everyone bought only 1 pair so how did dudes get multiple pairs?
frown.gif

Nvrmnd, just thought about it. People had multiple friends there and they are just selling under one name. Still bitter I didnt get a pair.

probs had friends or fam in line w/ them. i know it was 1 per customer, but if you look at the auctions, you'll see the 3 from one location and the 2 fromanother location of the same residence.

Originally Posted by V1nsanity3

Originally Posted by shaqrules

HoHLA only got 16 pairs with 12 being the biggest size!!! That sucked!!!

Damn word,
as I said to someone last night the quantitiy would be scarce,
but don't listen to me
I know nothing...

51 Pairs between 3 HOH

smh.

and now 23 pairs on ebay already....I wonder how it feels to profit from Breast Cancer??
indifferent.gif

Man.. I suggest EVERYONE who is upset call Nike Customer Service and Archie McEachern Nike Basketball Product Director ([email protected])

Im sure he and Customer Service could hear the bad since they think everything is good.

I encourage those who aren't NT members and lurk to do the same. Perhaps this will get them to be aware of the disrespect they are really showing the KayYow Foundation.

This is crazy.

Soon I'll start listing who you can contact to get Lebrons hiding in closets in Beaverton.

i went to house of hoops in harlem with my boy all they had was a sz 6-7.5 left 4 dudes bought 2 pairs each i was tight. went to Niketown ny and they had 13pairs total biggest size being an 11.5 I tried trading my 10.5 for the guy with the 11 an offered to pay a lil more for it but it didnt happen! im satisfiedwith the 10.5 tho. my boy got a 7.5 and a 9 o r 9.5 i think.! i will post pics when i get home! HOUSE OF HOOPS also dropped a shirt aswell black/pink my boygot! i got 2 nike ones one from footlocker and i Id'ed a shirt its a new thing they are doing! white/pink swoosh in the front and it saids JUST DONATE ONTHE BACK with a $ 1! i think its sick and i support breast cancer regardless of the sneakers event though i like the shoe itself! the blue chips were 75dollars and had a FSR on those at Niketown.

27 pairs on ebay already. From the sounds of it thats like half the pairs. Man that is just pitiful. All of them are little bitty sizes too, like 8-10.

that's the funny part. there were few 11-12!!! the only 12 reported on here so far was from HoHLA.

Originally Posted by solezprogression

Originally Posted by only MJs collected

I picked up a 9.5 but im a 9. If anybody's interested i'd like to trade these for a size 9 OR i guess a 9.5 Kobe Snake Pool. And dont act like the Snake Pools are worth way more cause we all know that they restocked all over the place and the Breast Cancer Hyperdunks are truely limited!......even Chicago HOH got some later. Holla!
Only MJ's... I was up there this morning (mostly to pick up some spare foamposites... but I copped these too). What were you wearing?

hah, I copped some Foams the night before when i was in line to get my ticket. I had on my Black/Red XI's, and you? I know you just showed up in themorning prob right? In the end I ended up with 3 Pairs
pimp.gif
I met that catXplosiv8 (or something like that) there and we went to niketown

Here is my letter guys..if you could please read it to say that it is okay to send it out!

Dear Mr. McEachern, Nike Basketball Product Director

Recently Nike has participated in thehonorable cause of donating charity money to the Kay Yow Foundation through the distribution and selling of Nike basketball products (Nike Hyperdunk and NikeWomens low Blue Chips). I am deeply sorry to say this but the release of these shoes (mainly the Hyperdunks) was disappointing and frustrating to say theleast. First of all, I have always participated in Breast Cancer awareness events such as Breast Cancer walks and obtaining items that are for a good cause. Ifeel that this has always been a great event and for a great cause.

The people at Nike could have made this release so much better by donating moremoney to the cause by producing more shoes (Hyperdunks and Blue Chips) in order to support the cause. I believe many people feel the same way when they haveexperienced a time when someone in their family has had cancer or Breast cancer for that matter. I truely believe that the people at Nike were greedy and didnot want to do more than they could have which is very shocking. Nike is a multi billion dollar corporation and it seems that they were reluctant to think ofthe millions and millions of individuals out there who have had breast cancer out there. This is a travesty to say the least.

As of this moment, there are many pairs that were released of the Nike Breast Cancer Hyperdunk that are sitting on ebay in order to obtain a profit for thatindividual person instead of the charity.
Is it morally right toresell a product that is suppose to benefit a great cause? The answer to that question is very easy, it is no. I believe this could have been eliminated had Nike produced morepairs of the Breast Cancer Nike Hyperdunk in order to force resellers to not even think about it. Granted, the times in our economy are very tough. However,the principle of the matter is that no one should profit from the reselling of a shoe that is meant to provide for a great cause as the Kay Yowfoundation.

I am sorry to have to say all the harsh but true wordsin this email. I hope that something regarding this issue will be dealt with in the future. I thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

William J. Randel

Only right that i put it in pink for the Kay Yow foundation..however i am not sending it in pink font
laugh.gif
..they won't take me seriously

Originally Posted by solezprogression

I picked up a 9.5 but im a 9. If anybody's interested i'd like to trade these for a size 9 OR i guess a 9.5 Kobe Snake Pool. And dont act like the Snake Pools are worth way more cause we all know that they restocked all over the place and the Breast Cancer Hyperdunks are truely limited!......even Chicago HOH got some later. Holla!
Only MJ's... I was up there this morning (mostly to pick up some spare foamposites... but I copped these too). What were you wearing?

hah, I copped some Foams the night before when i was in line to get my ticket. I had on my Black/Red XI's, and you? I know you just showed up in the morning prob right? In the end I ended up with 3 Pairs
pimp.gif
I met that cat Xplosiv8 (or something like that) there and we went to niketown

yeah...too bad when we got to niketown that they sold out also...had we left as soon as we got done with HOH...maybe we could've been in line at niketownto get a pair...oh well

dmx,

good letter. Hopefully others will follow suit.

The point needs to hit home that something for a good cause gets little to no attention, when its a win win situation for Nike to produce more in order to keepresellers from profiting more than Nike themselves in order to donate to the Foundation.

Wow,
I knew it was too good to be true, not having alot on EBAY

there's a crap load now,
and the prices are insane..

Nice to see LA has almost nothing but resellers.

SMH at only one size 12 being heard of..

I'd still like a size 6 at retail if anyone has seen it or has it

^
I know Ron went over there and there was no line as well,
but there was less then 10 pairs there.

Thanks for support for my letter..I did send it to the guy..so maybe he will find the time to respond back and provide substantial information as to why thisrelease was shunned..

Back
Top Bottom