**OFFICIAL NIKE CLOTHING THREAD**POST ALL NIKE CLOTHING**NIKE SPORTS WEAR*ACG**

sure thing, ill post measurements when I get home.

also provides plenty of warmth, i had just a long sleeves on underneath and was kept fairly warm in 6degree utah cold

Thanks for the info. Not worried about warmth too much as the coldest it gets in the Bay Area is about 40*.

I went with black/sliver/silver as the 3m adds a lil of the reflective visual for those dark rainy days out here.

I can't wait for mine to come in. Just hope I went with the right size.

Just picked up the nike tech 3mm varsity.

Dope jacket..just a little wide in the chest area.

Does any one else have any experience with this jacket or the Destroyer because i plan on purchasing that soon as well.

I wear my jackets very fitted and think i'll just go ahead and get it tailored the way i want it.

Just picked up the nike tech 3mm varsity.
Dope jacket..just a little wide in the chest area.
Does any one else have any experience with this jacket or the Destroyer because i plan on purchasing that soon as well.
I wear my jackets very fitted and think i'll just go ahead and get it tailored the way i want it.

IME, all the 3mm stuff is boxy in the chest.

sure thing, ill post measurements when I get home.

also provides plenty of warmth, i had just a long sleeves on underneath and was kept fairly warm in 6degree utah cold

What size did you pick up? Can you do a pit to pit and length measurement?

This is xl , fit is sung for athletic builds , and it's more of a sweater type then a coat , really for fall wear not winter

This is xl , fit is sung for athletic builds , and it's more of a sweater type then a coat , really for fall wear not winter
luckily i didnt bought it, cuz i was planning to use it as outdoor winter jacket

also i noticed that they nike didnt released new cws for the normal destroyer jacket this year
frown.gif

they only came with new cws for the leather version

I'm a bit disappointed. I ordered the ACG 2-1 jacket just to be let down. I guess I was expecting much more from a $600 jacket, especially one designed by Errolsom Hugh.

The gore-tex fabric used is very nice. Very soft and let's you move much for fluidly than past gore-tex fabrics. the zippers are sealed and smoothly move from open to close. The packable hood is better than expected. Not sure how to feel about the 3M hits, I don't mind the 3M but maybe Nike over did it with the "nike, swoosh and ACG" hits. Right now I'm thinking I prefer the subtly of the all black jacket best albeit I did like the 3M for visibility at night in the rain.

Couple of things I wish they would have done differently is provide a way to secure the hood flaps to the collar some how, either via a snap button or a bungee and hook method, or even Velcro but the way it sits now on a windy day the hood will just blow open.

Either line the outside (shell) pockets with fleece or something similar or allow access to the inside (liner) pockets. Feels very bare inside the pockets.

I really dont like the way the jackets become one. They opted for the shell and liner to zip together at the collar versus the conventional way of zipping up from waist to neck. The issue arises when you choose to wear the jacket unzipped, instead of feeling like one piece it feels like you just threw layer on top of layer to stay warm.

There are a few other things as well

It's too bad, I really wanted to like this jacket.

Last edited:
I'm a bit disappointed. I ordered the ACG 2-1 jacket just to be let down. I guess I was expecting much more from a $600 jacket, especially one designed by Errolsom Hugh.

The gore-tex fabric used is very nice. Very soft and let's you move much for fluidly than past gore-tex fabrics. the zippers are sealed and smoothly move from open to close. The packable hood is better than expected. Not sure how to feel about the 3M hits, I don't mind the 3M but maybe Nike over did it with the "nike, swoosh and ACG" hits. Right now I'm thinking I prefer the subtly of the all black jacket best albeit I did like the 3M for visibility at night in the rain.

Couple of things I wish they would have done differently is provide a way to secure the hood flaps to the collar some how, either via a snap button or a bungee and hook method, or even Velcro but the way it sits now on a windy day the hood will just blow open.

Either line the outside (shell) pockets with fleece or something similar or allow access to the inside (liner) pockets. Feels very bare inside the pockets.

I really dont like the way the jackets become one. They opted for the shell and liner to zip together at the collar versus the conventional way of zipping up from waist to neck. The issue arises when you choose to wear the jacket unzipped, instead of feeling like one piece it feels like you just threw layer on top of layer to stay warm.

There are a few other things as well

It's too bad, I really wanted to like this jacket.

Any pictures? And would you say it is tts?

Any pictures? And would you say it is tts?

I feel like Im inbetween sizes. I ordered both a medium and a large. The medium came in first, still waiting on the large. I like the length of the medium. Arm length is perfect, sits right at wrist and not further. The overall length is great too. Mid-butt. For reference I am 5'10" 180lbs. if I lost a few pounds then the medium would fit perfect overall. The
Large will give me room but hopefully the length isn't much longer.

No pics right now. I'll try to get some to you before the weekend is over

I feel like Im inbetween sizes. I ordered both a medium and a large. The medium came in first, still waiting on the large. I like the length of the medium. Arm length is perfect, sits right at wrist and not further. The overall length is great too. Mid-butt. For reference I am 5'10" 180lbs. if I lost a few pounds then the medium would fit perfect overall. The
Large will give me room but hopefully the length isn't much longer.

No pics right now. I'll try to get some to you before the weekend is over
I ordered the large one last week and it still hasnt shipped.... im 6 foot 2, 200 and im pretty sure it will fit. I wear a Large in everything nike

So i contacted Nike about this and they said there is an error that is effecting a bunch of customers and dont have a ETA on when its going to be shipped :frown:

however, they did apply 20% off and gave me next day shipping on that order

A bit of an urgent question:

I'm looking to get a Nike destroyer jacket (this model specifically):

The item # is 507680, for those with the same jacket. I believe it is from a few seasons ago.

I am clueless as to how the jacket will fit me. It is a size small, and I am 5-8, 145 lbs, thin build.

Does this model run extremely small? I don't mind if it is fitted.

Additionally, for those lucky destroyer-owners, do the wool and leather tend to stretch out over time?

Thank you so much in advance!

A bit of an urgent question:

I'm looking to get a Nike destroyer jacket (this model specifically):

The item # is 507680, for those with the same jacket. I believe it is from a few seasons ago.

I am clueless as to how the jacket will fit me. It is a size small, and I am 5-8, 145 lbs, thin build.

Does this model run extremely small? I don't mind if it is fitted.

Additionally, for those lucky destroyer-owners, do the wool and leather tend to stretch out over time?

Thank you so much in advance!
I have this jacket fam, small is way to small for your frame. Medium is the way to go. That's fitted. Wool and leather doesn't stretch. Hope this helps

Last edited:
U uniquekickz Really appreciate the response -- ripped

Just to followup -- in my research in this thread I read that various seasons of destroyers have had different cuts.

Another jacket a local seller is showing me is this older NSW destroyer (has "NSW" on sleeve)

Would a medium in this jacket fit me better as well?

What would be the problem with a small? Tight in the shoulders or super tight to the point where I can't zip?

Anyone's help would be much appreciated, and thank you in advance fam!

Super tight where you can't zip it up. I have the Olympic destroyer that came out 3 years ago, same jacket. Medium is pretty snug but in a good way. Now if you plan on working out this year then you might need to size up even more fam. Here is the jacket I have fam:

Last edited:
@fast spin echo   I would say the S for your frame would be ideal. I've had sizes S, M, and L in the exact leather destroyer you're looking for.

The cuff on the sleeves are pretty wide, a M would definitely go over your wrist and cover half your hand. 

moneylicious moneylicious Thx brother.

Just to clarify-- you're referring to the first jacket I posted? Or the second one (older model w NSW on sleeve)?

Also, I've heard from many people that the S will be too hard to zip up. But, I have a skinny frame, and I wouldn't mind a more fitted look. You really think S is okay and will fit?

As for those who say -- why not just go to a store and try on a destroyer?

I went to 21 mercer yesterday and tried on the new MoWax destroyer, and the M size fit me well. However, the sales associates told me the MoWax was made /cut to be slimmer and tighter than old destroyers, which complicated matters for me.

Last edited:
moneylicious moneylicious Thx brother.

Just to clarify-- you're referring to the first jacket I posted? Or the second one (older model w NSW on sleeve)?

Also, I've heard from many people that the S will be too hard to zip up. But, I have a skinny frame, and I wouldn't mind a more fitted look. You really think S is okay and will fit?

As for those who say -- why not just go to a store and try on a destroyer?

I went to 21 mercer yesterday and tried on the new MoWax destroyer, and the M size fit me well. However, the sales associates told me the MoWax was made /cut to be slimmer and tighter than old destroyers, which complicated matters for me.

I'm referring to the first one. Never had a NSW sleeve one so I can't speak on that. I also had the red dream team one, which fits the same. I just sold a S to somebody thats about 5'10 n around 150. It fit the dude perfectly.

Fam, trust me medium is the way to go. Don't listen to had. Listen to have. I'm the same size as you slim and a medium fits me just right. Sleeves don't go half way down my hand.

Back
Top Bottom